“Nice hotel, a little out of the action”
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

Hotel Vila Lumbung
Ranked #42 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed in Hotel Vila Lumbung in September 2011. The hotel was nice and it was clean. Staff were very friendly and you will find this in most places in Bali. It was a bit out of the way from Kuta and Legian and if you were a younger traveller looking to go out a lot, i probably wouldn't recommend staying here, a bit far away from the action. It's close to a lot of boutiques and resteraunts. I would reccommend definitly going to the Potato Head beach club which is a short 5 min walk from the hotel, it's definitly the place to eat/drink in Seminyak. Especially if you can catch the sunset there. The food is good. Room service is prompt and everyone is friendly. Would definitly reccomend this hotel for families but if you're looking to go out a lot or spend a lot of time in Kuta/Legian I would reccommend getting a hotel closer to the action.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sj12306
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vila Lumbung

Reviewed 15 June 2012

What a wonderful place, it was like being in another world until you went out the front gate. The place was so well tended and clean, thoughtful and helpful staff. We were a large group of adults and children and the staff catered to our every need, pool was fantastic, games room for the kids was enjoyed by all of us. We could not get over the care that was given to our rooms, grounds and safety. Highly recommend this place for families and people that don't expect everyone to be silent while they are having a good time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in Vila Lumbung for two weeks in May and it was the perfect resort. Just out of the hustle and bustle of it all, close to all restaurants (esp some of the nicest ones in Seminyak), and the staff were just wonderful and the hotel was set in beautiful tropical gardens.

We stayed in a downstairs bungalow which had an open air bathroom so you could have a bath outside - I would recommend upgrading to one of the bungalows - worth it!

It was well placed to explore the island - the hotel organised for us to hire a car (which was a great idea and much cheaper than getting a driver).

Really recommend for anyone going out to Bali.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a bungalow - very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is an older property that is well cared for, clean and has lovely well trained staff.
Now it is listed on the Aussie Package deals sites so it is also full of Australian families.
They have great fun, very noisy, they enjoy kicking balls across the pool and doing water bombs.
I am glad they have such a great time, but would suggest couples wanting a quiet holiday may not enjoy the kids screaming by the pool during the day and the drunken party that follows in the evening. But is that is your thing you will totally love this hotel - I will look for somewhere quieter for my next Romantic holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cklondon1988
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hotel is about 15 years old and it shows in some parts. Some renovations have been carried out. We had a superior room which was clean and adequate. Air con works well and is quite. Not much variety for breakfast. Staff friendly. The resort was quite for the first few days but unfortunately a huge group of famililies arrived with lots of children, it then became very noisy ,loud and heaps of squalling kids and overtook the pool. We came outside school holidays so u dont expect kids everywhere.
The location is ok. Just down the road is the w hotel, sarong restaurant ,pototoe head, and it's so easy to jump in a cab. Overall the hotel was average. I've been to Bali twice before and have stayed on the beach and if I return ,I'll stay at the beach again. At times ,with the type of guest ,I thought I was in kuta.....which is where I definitely would not stay

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary-Anne L
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I returned this morning from another of many trips to Bali. It was only due to terrible service at a previous hotel that myself and my girlfriend ended up making last minute alternative arrangements and booking Vila lumbung. I had stayed at this resort in previous years and remembered it's charm. After again experiencing the hospitality of the Vila lumbung staff I am baffled as to why I have not been back every year! The resort is intimate and the pool and facilities maybe not as flash as you may find in some of the many resorts in Bali, but the intamacy of this little place and it's impeccable service is second to none. I like staying in a place that feels unlike home and this place definitely feels like you are indeed in Bali, hard to compare this with some of the larger more modern resorts. The only drawback I would say is the selection at breakfast. Although it offers the regular items I noticed many guests eating at alternative cafes for breakfast. Presentation of food items could be improved. This is my only average comment, and given we ate all day this was hardly a drama. The staff and venue is truly a hidden gem and one I promise to return to on my next rip to Bali.

Room Tip: All room types are great. We stayed in a superior room twin share and previously a double. The vilas...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank leahj73
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I booked Vila Lumbung for 8 days.
From the time we arrived we were treated well by the friendly and accommodating staff.
Although we have stayed in more pristine lodgings before (our room was a bit rough around the edges), we could not deny that it was indeed excellent value for money.
One thing that we were apprehensive of, was the discolouration of the bath towels.
Everything worked though, and the bed was very clean and comfortable. Lamp shades needed a change. Very good value though for the rate.
The grounds of the villas themselves were lovely. The ground staff are always busily ensuring that the grounds remain pristine. With the pool, swim-up bar, lush tropical vegetation and waterfall; it is a very affordable tropical paradise.
The restaurant food was good, but as with most resort restaurants, bars etc- a little over priced. This was not a problem though, as there are numerous places to obtain food, beer etc, outside of the resort. All exterior amenities are within close walking distance. We would consider returning to Vila Lumbung again to enjoy the sincere show of hospitality from their fantastic staff.
I would recommend a stay at Vila Lumbung but would suggest a superior suite if you are more inclined to peace and quiet or spacious surroundings.
The worst part about our stay was the rudeness and inconsideration of some of the other guests.
When we left the concierge stood waving to our taxi as if we were departing family.
Well done, staff at Vila Lumbung!

• Stayed: May 2012