“Relaxing honeymoon stay at Hotel Vila Lumbung”
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

Hotel Vila Lumbung
Ranked #42 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very relaxing hotel, great swimming pool and swim-up bar! The staff was very nice and always helpful. Breakfast buffet was amazing. The room was nice and big (amazing bed) but the sheets and towels were badly stained, even though they were changed everyday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie L
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vila Lumbung

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had an upstairs deluxe villa for 3 nights. Spacious Balinese style luxury in an extremely tranquil setting. I cant rate this place highly enough. Much nicer than a hotel room. Great bed, 2 more day beds, TV, DVD. Good, free internet all over resort. Good security. Really nice pools and spa. Didnt want to leave.
Slights downsides being breakfast variety lacking in some areas. Nice omelettes but tasteless bacon. But dont worry about that as there are great breakfasts 2min walk down road to left and on opp. side = great cafe sporting custom chicken Tshirts - you'll recognize it but I can think of name.
$1 taxi ride to some fantastic restaurants, Great curries at Queens Tandoor (spoken as an Englishman). The AUD$15 set menu with wine at Ultimo was a better meal than I've had at posh expensive $150/head restaurants in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Upstairs deluxe villa the best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brit42
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed here many times. The rooms are clean and comfortable and have everything you might need. The price is good for what you get. The staff are helpful. The pool is nice. It is quiet and elegant.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gypsyflow
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I recently spend 4 nights here with my elderly parents. The staff were very helpful. The room was a Deluxe Bungalow downstairs. It was very large, with an outside bathroom, and a room with a day lounge, and a spacious verandah.
The package included a buffet breakfast, and the variety of food was fantastic.
A very enjoyable stay, rooms cleaned thoroughly daily.
Pool areas very well decked out. Plenty of lounges and umbrellas.
Swim up to pool bar great.
Very quiet place to stay, and still so close to any sightseeing

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TinaLBalla
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Hi just back from two wonderful weeks in bali, my friend advisded me about Villa Lumbung as she had stayed here twice before so I was happy to go along. Really glad I did as I felt safe travelling without my family at night (security always walking around) and slept really well. We shared a Deluxe Bungalow Villa 10 A and it was one of the better one's my friend thought. Having a extra day bed outside overlooking the garden was really a nice touch. The garden's are full of amazing tropical surprises and really pleasant to walk around. The pool was really clean all the time and having the waterfall with a little cave I thought was just so pretty.

Breakfast was great! I was actually surprised as I had read on Trip Advisor some people were let down by the food but I always saw it as fresh and a great choice for everyone. The staff are alot of fun and many have been there for years and years, so it really does have that homely feeling. I wouldn't call it 5 or 6 star like Hotel W across the road but if you want that then pay for that, I think Villa Lumbung is so affordable for friends, families or business it really had a nice mix of people.

Now I had read time and time again the mosquito problem, ok there were some but we plugged in a little mozzie replant thing you can buy at the local Circle K for about $6 at night and only once we had a problem, to only find out we had forgotton to turn it on lol
It seemed a bit out of the way but Seminyak is so spread out , there were many places to eat, shop and be within walking distance. massaged.

We met a really great driver called Wyan who works from there who took us out and around Bali on day trips. He was so informative about the history of the contury, where to eat, where to shop and areas to be careful in. I felt very safe with him and he took us up to Lovina for a overnight trip, I would have to say those two days were the best of my entire trip. I will never forget holding a baby Oranatang, swimming in Hot Springs and watching hundreds of dolphins swim within meters of his friend's boat.

Then back to Villa Lumbung where everyone was happy to see you and ask how our trip went, it is such a beautiful country and I can't wait to return with my husband.

Cheers Romi

Thank you Villa Lumbung deb patterson x

Room Tip: Really try and upgrade to a Deluxe Villa if you can we were in 10 A and as my friend has stayed ther...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Romany888
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed in a Deluxe Bungalow, upstairs and down for 9 days with 'the girls'. The rooms were great. Very quiet. Nice traditional, cultural touches in the decor and architecture. Would really have preferred a table and chairs/couch instead of the daybeds as these were redundant and took up space that could have been better utilised IMO. Nowhere to sit inside except on the bed or a very hard, wooden bench style seat in the room (or the daybed) Rooms were very spacious. Downstairs bathroom was outdoors which we loved and included a large bath and separate large shower. Lots of mirrors in the bathroom but none in the bedroom area at all. Good mini fridge for drinks etc. Fantastic air con. Downstairs has an outside porch with table and chairs and upstairs has a balcony with same. Mosquitoes were a problem- they didn't come near me at all, but others were really bothered by them. The hotel does it's best to manage them- spraying twice weekly and in room deterrents. Rooms were cleaned everyday. The linen needs looking at/replacing- towels were badly stained though I know they were washed everyday. Sheets were once white but are now grey. Minor points I know, though washing your face with a face washer stained black and orange was not good.

The grounds were a tropical paradise- really stunning. Pool was beautiful. Food and drink facilities onsite- poolside, restaurant and room service. Recommend their Nasi Goreng. Breakfast was adequate and plentiful.

One of the things we loved was the Day Spa which we visited almost everyday- massage, reflexology etc (manicures not their strong point) Putu and Effie are recommended.

Location is brilliant for some of the best high end restaurants- Merah Putih, Sarong, Metis, Sardine, Potato Head. All of these within walking distance. Many much less expensive places very nearby- Warung Eny, Thai Corner, Drop etc. $2 for a taxi to Seminyak, Bodyworks, Jl Laksmana etc.

Would highly recommend Lumbung if these things appeal to you. The only thing I would say against it is the price- I thought it was expensive. That said I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at Vila Lumbung for 1 week. We had the upstairs deluxe bungalow and my parents downstairs deluxe bungalow. The upstairs had the most beautiful traditional roof and the room very spacious. We had an extremely large bale (spare bed) in the room which one of our sons slept on. Large bathroom, hot water, but can run out if son stands under shower for too long! Nice size balcony with chairs & bed. I don't think the mosquitos were a problem, there were some there but no more than anywhere else. We used,bushmans which seemed to work well.
Down stairs was the same size room, without the high ceilings. It also had a separate bedroom with a single bed. Bathroom was bigger with a bath and it was semi open.
The breakfast was buffet, only small compared to some hotels but big enough for a good start to the day. Fresh omelettes made to order. The hotel pool is lovely and a good amount of sun lounges. The hotel itself is in need on a few repairs here and there but nothing major! Boys loved there was a games room where they could play pool and table tennis. Gym is in there too but just is a couple of steppers and bikes. Staff were always helpful, although some did struggle with English, but there was always someone there who could understand. Always smiling.
Having never stayed in semiyak b4 felt a bit lost, but it was on the same road as Sarong restaurant, just a couple of shops away. Also Biku and Huu bar in walking distance.
If you are looking for a modern hotel don't stay here, but if you want to feel like you are in Bali this is a great place to stay. Loved it.

Room Tip: 9a &b , also 8a &b are near pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family