“A really lovely place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of delMango Villa Estate

delMango Villa Estate
Ranked #223 of 410 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Canberra, ACT
“A really lovely place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Recently returned from a three night stay at Del Mango,and in a two bedroom villa. On booking the villa I did not realise that a two bedroom was actually two seperate villas in the same enclosed area! So, a very large space that would be more than suitable for either two couples, or, a family of four or five.

As mentioned in the other review, while the location is off the busy main street, it is very quiet and secluded, with many shops/cafes/restrauants just down the road.

If you are looking for a quiet, modern and trendy place to stay, this is an ideal place. I also found the food was of good quality and there was a large selection.

I do have one negative to report. On arrival at the airport, the driver picked us up, that was no problem, however he did not know where the villas were! He took us to the wrong villa and I had to point out several times that he was wrong. He did not seem to even know where Del Mango was. I have been to Bali many times so I wasn't overly concerned, however this would be a little unnerving to new visitors.

Also, small things like there being no bins in the villas or the kitchen area, and no tea/coffee making facilities. And one more thing, there is no bar, so if you feel like a cocktail, you can't get one there.

However, these are just small issues, and, as the complex only has a small number of villas overall, I can understand why there would not be a bar!

Overall, I would recommend this villa, we had a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DelMango B, General Manager at delMango Villa Estate, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear jetjip,

You are much too kind, thank you for your wonderful review.
And we are glad you had such a great stay. deLMango is truly a beautiful and relaxing villa here in Bali Seminyak.

We have noted on your opportunities for our beverage, now we are firming out widening our range. While on the transfers, the cabs are now getting more acquainted with our brand new property - it has been 7 months now. We can arrange a chauffeur on your next arrival to avoid this experience.

Thank you and we await your return to your Bali home!
deLMango Villa Estate Team,

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in October. We found delmango to really exceed our expectations all round. Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink, taken to our room. Throughout our entire stay I did not hear any noise apart from the waterfall of the pool and the sound of nature which is very rare in bustling Bali. The one bed villa is v large, big living space and bedroom is large with two bathrooms, one outside and one inside. The small touches were appreciated, nexpresso machine, jacuzzi section of the swimming pool, epic sound system, waterfall in the pool, outdoor shower, a private garden located at the back of the villa with a set of table and chairs to read a book with its own private entrance. Decor wise, tasteful,white, understated. Service was good, breakfast was nice but there's plenty of near by options with taxis plentiful or a mere walk to one of the main streets of seminyak. The villas are guarded so you always feel safe as I've heard some bad stories of theft in Bali recently so this was a relief. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this villa and even though I went without knowing what others had thought of it (apart from the article in the Australian) I'm extremely glad I took the chance and booked my stay here rather than go where everyone else goes. I am looking forward I going back there again in the future. Give this place a go if you want a relaxing peaceful place to rest as it's beauty and charm make it a stand out in seminyak for me. The pictures simply don't do it the justice it deserves.

• Stayed October 2013
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Ljspurls
DelMango B, General Manager at delMango Villa Estate, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Ljspurls,

We are delighted that you had such a wonderful experience.
It is such a pleasure to be appreciated by impeccable guests such as yourself...

Rest assured we will keep it up and continue a customer-centric service as well as maintaining on being a 5* accommodation choice for the discerning travelers.

We await your return to your Bali home!
deLMango Villa Estate Team,