“Dumplings, Ribs, Mojitos and more..........”
Review of Fat Gajah

Fat Gajah
Ranked #43 of 588 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I don't like dumplings (and I have had yum cha in Australia and China), but this place has changed my opinion totally. I went with 2 other friends who dined there twice more than I did, that's how much they were impressed. The lamb shank and beef dumplings were "Divine". I had a spare rib dish also which I was suitably impressed by. We shared a dessert of 'chocolate volcano' or something similarly named, It was a chocolate pudding that was sitting in a lake of melted chocolate and they poured cointreau over it and lit it up, once you cracked into the pudding it just oozed more chocolate goodness, teamed with vanilla bean ice cream made this dessert a must (and I am not a sweet tooth either). Their jug of mojitos was fantastic. It's probably around the AUD $6-7 per serve of 4 dumplings. Well and truly worth it.

1  Thank jmk4573
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We were walking Seminyak, and looking for some grub. Stumbled onto this joint. Holy crap were we stoked. Food was great!! The crispy dumpling sampler for 2 was amazing. We also had the beef curry noodles. Bomb!! So far, best meal I've had in Seminyak.

1  Thank AdamDuro
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Ended up at Fat Gajah by accident as traditional top 5 Seminyak restaurants were booked out on this Friday night. Found few reviews as this restaurant is fairly new, small and has a main road location.
Contender for best meal of all time. The steamed dumpling combination entrée beats anything you find at Mr Wong or any other Sydney establishments. A lesson in how great cooking can be fun from a crack team of young, enthusiastic chefs.
Throw your misgivings to the wind and try the local Riesling, Two Islands, made from Australian grapes for an inoffensive, effective accompaniment.
The three of us ate 2 serves of steamed dumplings (8 in each), 1 serve of crispy dumplings, crispy pork ribs, 2 serves of corn on the cob (cooked in chives, cayenne and garlic aioli) and young coconut crème brulee for a total cost of $40au.
Definitely planning a return trip before we go home.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

What a great restaurant with charming owner and staffs plus very attentive and friendly host, Caro. Nice atmosphere and I love every bites of what I had, my most fave was the lamb curry dumpling. Would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fine Asian-Western cuisine dining with great value.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Fat Gajah is a must visit restaurant. We had dinner there and will be going back tonight. The pork spare ribs are the best I've ever had and they make a fantastic range of dumplings. Try the crab and cracked pepper.
Don't miss this plac