“First stay in Seminyak and overall satisfied but nothing 'amazing'. Building site next door!”

Villa Kresna Boutique Villas
Ranked #96 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 18 September 2012

As stated this was our first time in Bali so we can't give a good comparison against other accommodations but I can say that overall we were happy with what we got for the price we paid. We stayed in the 'suites' on Jalan Saridewi which are a 1 minute walk to the beach (although a very quiet part of the beach). The 'villas' are another 5 minute walk away, hence making them further from the beach. Clarify exactly where you are staying before booking. It's about a 20 minute walk to 'eat street'. The way Seminyak is laid out makes it difficult to pinpoint a centre but I think if went again I would choose a better located, yet probably much more expensive, hotel.

The pool area is very nice and the rooms were a good size and clean. We had to move rooms as a water pump on the outside of the wall behind our bed was banging all night and kept me awake, although the move didn't help much as we were that bit closer to the construction of the hotel next door (banging and drilling starts about 7ish). But the manager was swift and polite in changing our room.

Only other gripe is that the entire week we stayed there we were never once able to order orange juice for breakfast as they were out of oranges! Get some more maybe!?

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Villa Kresna Boutique Villas

Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

While expecting a wow feeling it didn't really felt like it. Although there's actually nothing wrong with the rooms and hotel.

Expect normal nice clean rooms. Unfortunately the curtains are white so even when it's completely dark in the night the room is light. So if you need darkness to sleep you will have a challenge :).

Second the breakfast is not much, today I will discuss it with the staff and see how they respond.

Also there is a construction site next to the hotel. Not that it bothers because you don't here any noise. It's just that it doesn't give you the luxury, beach, sun and everything is perfect feeling.

If you want to stay for just a couple of days it's good. Beach is 3 minutes walk and you are not in the packed, noisy kuta.

For longer stays or honeymoon I would go for a 5 star hotel at the beach, but expect to pay atleast double of the price.

• Stayed: September 2012

Ckara Suite / Three weeks

Me and my boyfriend stayed for three weeks in the Chakra Suite, the location next to Art Cafe. I fell in love with the great atmosphere they created. The room is very nice decorated and I think it is one of the newer rooms of the hotel. We spent a lot of our time in Art Cafe, they have a live band on wednesdays and fridays with some nice background music. These nights were very enjoyable. The room has a separate entrance with old wooden doors, behind the doors we had a big terrace with a wooden sofa were we could breakfast or chill at night. Rooms are extremely clean and they even have turn down service in the afternoon. If you like to sunbath at the pool, this is a good location. The hotel was very busy but cause it is so close to the beach a lot of guests choose to go to the beach. Almost every morning I was alone at the pool side. The staff is very friendly and remembered our preferences for breakfast.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves a nice and good atmosphere. The hotel is also friendly for kids, they have children chairs available.

The owner has a very nice taste and decorated the whole hotel with a lot of inspiration.

Room Tip: If you like to have a quiet room, just some meters walk from the pool and restaurant / art cafe this...
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Hi, I stayed there for 5 nights, the first three by myself and the last two with a couple of friends and I found it very very good. They picked me up at the airport, the car was fresh, clean and comfortable, even though, for the traffic jam, it took 1 hour and 20 minutes on the way to the hotel and only 20/30 minutes on the way back to the airport. The staff was very kind and helpful. I stayed the first three nights at a grand deluxe suite (which was amazing, big, clean, private terrace and free wifi) and the last two nights at the Kawi villa (which was very nice too). The food was good, wide range of meals for breakfast and delicious dinners too (I tryed dinner twice). The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the beach and the villas are 10/15 minutes walk. If you are travelling by yourself or in small groups or for short period of time, I would suggest to book a suite, instead of a villa. Otherwise the villas are good as well, the only thing is that they are farer from the beach. The only thing I didn't like so much, when I was there the first three days by myself, is that both the hotel and the villas are pretty far from the town centre, they are around 30/20 minutes by walk, and it is ok if you travel with others, otherwise it could be annoying if you travel alone, and that above all because the streets are not well lighted and crowded and the taxi drivers, although they are very nice, they don't know very well the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We went to this hotel for our honeymoon advised by a famous french guide book…what a disapointment.
We had to change three times our room because of the noise : there are some work in progress just behind the rooms. The staff did his best to please us but honestly for that level of price this is not acceptable.
One of the hundreds of new addresses in Bali that pretend to be luxe but that is not at all.

Room Tip: Ask first if the work behing the hotel are still in progress for the boutiques Suite. The villas are...
1  Thank Kukolseb
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Hi,
My husband and I stayed at the Kresna boutique hotels from 15th to 19th aug.
As described by previous guests, the suites were huge and clean. The bathroom could have been much better (going by what you see around and the high sense of aesthetics they have in Bali in general). But those are details and I hope the management is reading to work on these things.
We stayed at the Alamanda suites (right on the road side) so you can hear all the motor bikes till the wee hours and the construction workers at 6am (there is a building coming up next door). To add to that the white curtains let all the light in !!!
The first night I did not sleep at all, while my husband who was tired crashed out. I requested the hotel to give me another room and I must say they were very helpful and efficient. They proposed to move us to the villas, but we decided against it for many reasons -- we were at the end of a 3 week asia trip and had undone our bags so we didnt feel like doing them again, the villas were far from the beach (15 min walk), while the suites are a minute away. We liked the spaciousness of the suites, while the villas seemed small and too isolated.
So basically, due to the light more and the noise we did not sleep much for 4 nights and we felt pooped by the time we had to check out.

The management was really helpful but I think they would consider changing the white curtains and putting double glass windows for better sound insultation.

Otherwise, the little pool is pleasant and the purple bouganvillas a joy to wake up too ! Breakfast was excellent and fresh and the staff super helpful !

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms behind if possible.
3  Thank lemontree1976
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My family and I stayed there for 4 nights, excellent and value for money. the suite is huge and clean, totally loved the atmosphere. a stone throw away from the beach. You eat your breakfast at the Villas, which is about 5 minutes walk, easy. Food was so so.

Just a note, if you guys rent a car and plan to drive yourself, please choose a small car, I almost rammed the Toyota Innova I rented to the walls, the roads were very narrow.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family