3,275 results
All reviews garden pool grand deluxe room husk restaurant direct access to the beach main pool breakfast buffet is gado gado the general manager an upgrade egg station beautiful resort overlooking the beach watch the sunset relaxing holiday our honeymoon great pool private villa
Reviewed 17 April 2012

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Excellent service with a friendly staff. Food was of a high standard with a buffet breakfast included. The meals available on site were good value and a wide range available.

The hotel is set on the beach and has it's own large gardens. The room was a good size, comfortable and had it's own private balcony.

There were a couple of very good places to eat within walking distance, but even going further afield was not a problem as taxis are so cheap and abundant. One word of caution however. It would pay to take a map showing the hotel location as at least two drivers appeared not to know the location of the hotel on the return journey. Maybe this is because the name was changed recently from the Sofitel to the Royal Beach and the taxi drivers have yet to cotton on to the new name.

A true bonus was that WiFi was available, at no extra cost, in room. Other hotels please note!!!!

If I had one minor criticism it is that the breakfast restaurant appeared not to have smoking/non smoking areas and a couple of mornings I had the unpleasant smell of tobacco smoke whilst eating. I guess as a UK resident I have become overly sensitive to this issue since it is not a problem in the UK where restaurants are smoke free.

Having said that I would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again and indeed would recommend it to anyone staying In the Seminyak area.

Room tip: From what I saw all rooms appeared a good choice.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mikewhillis
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Mikewhillis,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments and giving so may details of your experience with us. We are glad to know that you really enjoyed your stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Royal Beach Hotel. The position is great, with direct beach access. It's the first time we've experienced black sand - a little hard to get used to! Our rooms were nice but I would advise everyone to request rooms on the side of the hotel which has gardens and villas. Our rooms looked directly at the back of a new hotel which wasn't great. There is some garden but I think the hotel could do a lot more to make the outlook more enticing and in keeping with the overall standard of the hotel, eg a more luxuriant garden, perhaps a water feature. It feels like a forgotten area compared to the rest of the grounds. Breakfast was very nice, as were happy hour cocktails!

Room tip: Ask for the garden side - not the side that directly faces the back of the hotel next door!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This was our second visit to The Royal, which was then the Sofitel. Our first visit was in 2005, beginning on the fateful night of the second Bali bombings. We were members of the Accor Club and had booked a room, which was nice, but we were hoping to upgrade to a villa on the beach. No such luck when we checked in, but two days later we had our pick, as Bali had become a ghost town.we think we stayed in villa 103, which was right on the beach, and gorgeous, despite the tragedy that was happening around us. The staff were so glad that we stayed on, and we were treated like royalty, so of course we were keen to return.
This time my husband booked us into Villa 118, which we assumed was on the beach. Not so. It was absolutely lovely, but sandwiched between another double storey villa and the three storey
hotel rooms. We felt very exposed and upset, as our idea of a villa was complete privacy, and indeed, I spotted guests in the hotel rooms watching me as I read a book. That said, this villa adjoins the one next to it via a gate and the pool, and would be ideal for two families bolidaying together as long as they don't mind an audience from the hotel rooms! I am a lap swimmer so I loved the villa's pool, though the filter was not very strong. My husband was intent on full privacy and requested another villa. Management and staff could not do enough to help us, though the hotel was full, and after two nights in 118 we were moved to 112, a two storeyed villa which would be ideal for a family with older children. It did not have a lap pool but that was made up for by the stunning garden and jacuzzi in wthe middle of a water garden replete with lizards, birds and our own private fish spa! Privacy at last! Heaven! Thank you Royal Semlinyak! We will be back and may end up staying in every villa there!

Room tip: As stated above, there are villas for every situation. Beach villas would best suit couples but villas closer to the resort are larger and more suitable for families.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear pandora1japan,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments and sharing so many details of your experience with us. It's always a pleasure for us to receive such enthusiastic reviews.

Regarding to your stay in Villa 118, I apologize for the inconvenience caused and I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed your journey in Villa 112.

Your feedback will be a great motivator to our team to maintain the standards and to continuously improving our services.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more memorable!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My friend & I just returned from 7 wonderful days at the Royal Beach Resort in Seminyak. We had a fabulous time.

Check in was prompt and we were upgraded from a superior to a deluxe which was nice and the room was well appointed. We overlooked the lovely garden area. Small thing with the room was that we could only get wifi close to the balcony door or on the balcony. The rooms were serviced daily whilst we were at the pool and we couldn't fault anything.

Breakfast was delicious. Anything you could want including omelette station/pancakes/crepes/waffles etc.

We spent a lot of time in the main pool area. We didn't have trouble getting loungers because we were there early however you need to be there by 10am otherwise you may need to wait a while. By 2pm there were plenty of loungers. Loved the pool and the pool service. There is no swim up bar but they will deliver drinks to you in the pool. We had lunch there a few times and it was nice.

The food in the hotel is really good however I wouldn't recommend the teppanyaki. The food was nice but it was expensive (comparatively) and the restaurant was deserted when we went so it wasn't fun. Plenty of great places to eat on the beach in front of the resort or a short walk/drive.

To get to eat street you can get a taxi or the hotel has drivers which cost 25,000 rupiah to get there. Cheap either way. There was plenty of places within walking distance also to eat/drink/shop.

The staff were all really friendly and the service was great. I would definitely consider returning to the Royal Beach.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Dear Royal Guest,

It has been almost a year since you visit us and we would be more than happy to welcome you back to the resort to offer you another memorable moment.
Please visit our website and let yourself be once more enchanted by the charm and soul of Bali in the heart of Seminyak.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous one.