This is a pretty good hotel, though it did not entirely work for us. It feels a bit like a Denarau island resort (if you’ve been to Fiji you’ll know what I mean) – it’s big and functional, though not authentic. Essentially you could be anywhere.
The room was good and well appointed (though I would have loved a dvd player – you can borrow them from reception). But there was a problem with mosquitoes in our room – however they do provide you with insect repellent but that did not entirely fix the problem. But apart from the mozzies the room was fine, and nice to have a balcony to sit on (ours overlooked the garden).
There are 2 hotel pools though they get very crowded – we witnessed the battle over the sun lounges a few times. But the beach is right outside the hotel too, so you can always go there (do be aware of the hawkers on the beach though).
Breakfast was included – buffet breakfast with a pretty good selection, from muesli and cereal to bacon and eggs or Indonesian dishes. The hotel runs theme evenings too – BBQ night, satay night etc though we did not really check these out. Close to the hotel grounds are quite a few restaurants so you are unlikely to starve. We ordered room service one night too – steak was just delicious and they did a pretty good job on the fish and chips too.
One thing to note is how security conscious they are – all cars are carefully checked and even when you walk in from the beach security will ask you for your room number. You also have to let them know if you have visitors coming over. While this is very good and through, it unfortunately does remind you that security is a concern in these parts (which you may not want to think about).
The location is good – with Seminyak’s shopping and eating places fairly close. Traffic does get bad though so do be aware of this. Seminyak is also more spread out than I had realised so taxis are a good idea to get around to places further away. The hotel also runs shuttle buses to Kuta and to Seminyak square at certain times a day (ask at reception for times) – you need to book at least an hour before your desired departure time but the shuttles are very handy.
If you want to be in the heart of Seminyak close to shopping and the beach, then this is a pretty good choice. But if you want something with an authentic ‘Bali’ feel then a villa may be a better option for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection