“great service but not quite the standard of what I hoped for....”

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Dubai
“great service but not quite the standard of what I hoped for....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed 2 weeks at the hotel and was a bit disappointed. The couch in my room smelled so bad, I could not sit in it. They moved me but then I had bad WiFi so I had to move a third time. The rooms are a bit run down but the staff is really nice. The grounds are very maintained and the pool is really nice. I just wish the room accomodations were better. Not sure I would choose to stay there again. The menu was very limited and wish there was better selection.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay did not entirely meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have noted your different comments that I will immediately share them with the head of departments concerned for their awareness and follow up to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and it's our hope that you will give us an other opportunity to show you our high standard services for which we are know around the World.

Yours sincerely,

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Beautiful resort , in wonderful gardens, right on the beach , two lovely pools... I loved the green garden pool. My room was fine and on the third level with a view of the gardens , the bed was very comfortable, and the staff were helpful , I had a problem with the internet and they sent a IT person to my room to sort it out immediately. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. Nothing better than knowing our Royal Guests enjoyed their holiday with us.

However, I would like to apologize regarding the Internet inconvenience caused but I am happy to read that our team quickly fixed the matter.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing our resort for your holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous ones.

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

very comfortable stay in The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali with comfortable rooms (the bed was comfy), resort expanse, a swimming pool overlooking the beach seminyak direct reply, so that a delicious breakfast

Room Tip: before deciding to stay, you should check on tripadvisor as very helpful
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a real pleasure to receive such nice comments.

Our staff is working day after day to provide you an exclusive service ; therefore I will share your comment with them and I am sure that your review will even more motivate them to continuous improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was our third mother / daughter stay at the Royal Beach in three years. Each year this resort more than lives up to expectations. We noticed a few changes this year as there is a new manager at the hotel. The staff were a little more proactive and very friendly and helpful. There were a few new activities including a market visit and cooking class. As always the standard of the accommodation and food is excellent and prices are reasonable, particularly for a hotel located right on Seminyak beach. It is within easy walking distance of shops, other restaurants and bars, including Gado Gado and Ku De Ta. There is an amazing range of fabulous other dining options just a $AUS 1-2 taxi ride away (use metered Bluebird taxis) - try Metis, Sardine and Sarong - possibly the best dining experiences I have had, which is saying something as Sydney, where I live, has some pretty sensational restaurants.

Loved the cocktail party at the hotel. The pool as always is beautiful and a good place to chat to other guests. Namaya spa had some excellent special rates and is a beautiful retreat. One small comment - advertise the daily activities a little better, we kept missing things as we weren't aware they were on.

The vibe (outside school holidays) is couples of all ages, small groups of women travelling together and small family groups. Only one loud large mixed group during our stay. Beautiful and extensive grounds with a true Balinese feel, not at all modern and impersonal, rather authentic and tropical. Love it to bits!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the Anantara side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us.We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

Memorable experiences are what we strive to provide day after day to our Royal guests, especially to our Royal repeaters ; so your compliments are always welcomed.

I have also noted your comment regarding our daily activities, and please rest assured that i have immediately shared your advice with our Recreation Manager for his follow up and further action.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing once more our resort for your holiday in Bali.

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Needing a place to go - you cant do better than this......I was suffering from grief, nervous exhaustion and sheer fatigue. I needed peace, pampering, rest, good food and safety and security. I got all these and more. 10 days of relaxation and nothing to worry or think about except the times of my massages!!! The staff were excellent, non intrusive, kind, helpful and understaning. My room was top standard and kept very clean and overlooked a lovely lush and peaceful garden. There were two swimming pools to choose from but I mostly utilised the well shaded, well serviced and comfortable beach area. The security was brilliant and I always felt safe. Breakfast was amazing, so much to choose from and every taste and need was catered for. The restaurants were top quality - service second to none. So friendly and caring. I felt totally at peace and at the end of my stay I felt refreshed and stronger and I will most definitely return to this paradise.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be overlooking lush gardens and there are separate villas to choose from. which...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to post such a nice and detailed comment regarding your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your holiday.

Memorable experiences are what we strive to provide day after day to our Royal guests; so your compliments are always welcomed.

I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.