“Gorgeous Beachfront & Grounds!”

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Gorgeous Beachfront & Grounds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

The Royal Beach Seminyak's absolute beachfront location on sprawling Seminyak Beach is amazing! Nothing beats sitting on one of the comfy recliners in the shade, watching the surfers, listening to the roar of the waves, sipping on an island coconut and getting cooled by the trade winds.

In addition, the resort has lovely manicured grounds with many fragrant flowering trees and water features.

Clientele mostly Australians/Europeans.

Airport pickup was seamless. We were given an upgraded room on arrival (thank you Eni). Our room was as requested - non-smoking and in a quiet location. Loved the huge bed (bigger than California King), spacious room, lots of storage, robes, bedroom slippers and the many complimentary toiletries. A rug in the room would have been perfect!

We added on the option of the Breakfast Buffet at check-in. Highly recommend if you want a no-hassles start to the morning.

Must-do’s include the complimentary Water Aerobics Class with Made & Wayan.
Wayan also arranged for my husband to have a great Surf Class with one of the Beach Boys whose kiosk was just left of the beach entry.

Overall, we had a very restful stay. Lovely attentive staff, beautifully maintained grounds. Will certainly revisit this resort after it's upcoming 'refresh'.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happy2bealive
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your comment on Tripadvisor. It's always a pleasure to receive nice comments.

We are delighted to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing once more our resort for your holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous ones.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in April after experiencing two other similar hotels in the area. We found the hotel to be very tired looking and very overpriced in comparison to their competitors. The pools were overcrowded and seemed murky and I was concerned about the water cleanliness. Our room was clean but was tired and past it's used by date the bathroom was pretty bad with the tile grout missing and water stains a d the taps had rusted and there were mirror stains. The room was about 300 meters from reception and it felt like a treck to leave the hotel each time. For the price we paid I would not stay here again. I must say the staff were nice and the restaurant food was ok. I wouldn't stay here again because there are much better hotels and villas in better locations.

Dear Royal Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize should your experience did not meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At MGallery we strive to provide a superior service for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important for us.

I have noted your comments and I am pleased to inform you that we will have an upcoming refreshment project to maintain our standard for which we are know around the world.
II will share with the head of department concerned for their awareness and further action.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault the hotel.
We were checked in to our deluxe room , but were not happy with the view which was a wall - no garden, spoke to reception and were moved to a lovely garden view. The room was very spacious , very clean and all amenities provided for. The decor needs up dating but I had no issue with this as the room was very clean . Breakfast is great and very pleasant in the restaurant . I was also pleased to see that no plastic is being used for bin liners - well done.
Your sheets are changed every day which is unnecessary and is a worry as there is a water shortage in Bali - perhaps your guests could leave a card on the bed if they require them to be changed.
Overall - well done Royal Beach , a most relaxing stay ...

Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Nothing better than knowing you had a memorable time with us.

I have noted your constructive comment regarding the bed sheets and I will discuss with the head of department concerned for their consideration and follow up.

Our staff is working day after day to provide you an exclusive service ; therefore I will share your comment with them and I am sure that your review will even more motivate them to continuous improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

We are looking forward to welcoming your again.

Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

The arrival hall at the Denpasar Airport has always been an interesting location. You may consider that the coordinated arrival of so many flights into the country is planned. But surprising to me is that the Immigration Department has now brought the Bali street feel right into the hall for everyone.
As you make your way to pay for your entry visa the number of 'workers' approaching you offering 'Express service' is staggering and the look on the faces of the other travellers reflects this. Having obtained your visa the barrage recommences, women and men approach all in the lines to the counters 'Express Service, express service' even the security guards are at it.

Back in the snaking line and fellow travellers are discussing this frenzied activity. Varying prices are proffered as the rate to get the Express Service. I gauge that they assess the way you're dressed or possibly the amount of stress the traveller has with the accompanying family members. All in all its a bit of a razz up. If the Express Service is legitimate ( probably is) it would be an advantage to know about it with signage or formal presentation. But Hey this is Bali!

Through the airport and onto the pick up area. Looking for our driver for The Royal Beach Hotel. Nice one, he's here. Takes my container sized suitcase and off we go through the new shopping precinct between the airport and the vehicle pickup. Progress is clearly evident at every turn.

With many trips to Bali chalked up it never ceases to amaze me. We wind our way through the back streets and I'm looking for landmarks. Apart from the obvious Balinese / Indonesian look of the place I'm at a loss to get my bearings. I decide to go along for the ride as I know the end location well. Leoni and I stayed at the hotel whilst the Sofitel had it between 2008 - 2011.
The location of the original Imperial Hotel Villas are still the central focus and a walk through the gangs (lanes) around the walled villas complex is a treat.

Check in is suitably cordial and we are delivered to our Deluxe room. Spacious and clean, all mod cons. The grounds are well established and really make the inward looking orientation of the hotel design. The green pool is a quiet time oasis and is a sought after loco for readers and relaxers. The main pool is more action stations with day beds and cabana style lounges for all desiring the view and access to the ocean. The numerous eateries are good with attentive staff and friendly attitudes.
This hotel caters for all style of traveller. Families are welcome, there are honeymooners, couples both older and younger, even it appears the lone traveller.

The hotel, the location and the serenity it provides delivers a great deal . A squirrel has just promenaded in front of me in the tree canopy. Another good sign.

The current standard is not as high as the Sofitel offered, but kick back relax and enjoy and the Royal Beach does have a Royal feel. Being a (long time) Accor member also has its benefits in this style of resort hotel.

Room Tip: An original villa would be delight. The modern hotel rooms are more than satisfactory with the room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Royal Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post such a detailed review. It's always a pleasure to receive nice and constructive comments. I will share your comments with our head of departments for their awareness and further action.

At MGallery we strive to provide day after day a superior service therefore your feedback is valuable for us.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing our resort for your holiday in Bali.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Have stayed twice and had a lovely time. Rooms are large and quite. Might be starting to show a little wear and tear. Staff are fabulous and friendly. Great value for money. Two lovely pools and lovely tranquil garden setting. Easy walk to Seminyak and Legion.

• Stayed April 2013
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a real pleasure to receive such nice comments especially from our Royal repeaters. We are delighted to know that all you enjoyed our facilities, and services.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

The Royal Beach Seminyak is a beautiful resort in a good location. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are large and well presented. We were given an upgrade upon arrival which was lovely. The hotel organised transfers to and from the airport free of cost. The staff are friendly and helpful and I love the fact that you could order a meal from anywhere in the hotel and it would be delivered free of cost. The overall service I believe was excellent whenever you ask for something whether it was a pillow or an iron board it would be delivered straightaway. We were never told something could not be done, they always tried there best.

Okay, the things I believe they need to improve. The concierge had a poor knowledge about the local area restaurants and spoke very little English. There need to be a seating area towards the concierge area.
The restaurant while it had a lovely setup it is very hot and not having any air-conditioning. Breakfast for me wasn't great just okay. I had lunch at the restaurant twice and the first day it was a beef burger but it was very disappointing, it wasn't even real beef. The salad was also not good. Couple days later I had a pasta dish and that was okay.

Onto the room even though spacious and lovely they were filled with mosquitos and the tile flooring was very cold. The tv wasn't much good and with no in house movies or much to chose from you didn't bother with it. Still didn't miss tv because there were several beautiful shops and fine dinning restaurants in seminyak.

I should also mentioned about the spa service really nicely setup and run but expensive in comparison to what is available outside the hotel. Finally the beach, it was absolutely filthy. I saw what we believed to be sewage running into the sea. It wasn't very unpleasant and that was disappointing provided that the water was lovely and warm.

Our overall stay at the hotel was very good and we really are going to miss Bali and its beautiful people.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Royal Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind and detailed review. It's always a pleasure to receive nice and constructive comments. I will share your comments with our head of departments for their awareness and further action.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

The staff at this hotel are fantastic; happy to help with any request. As other reviews state, the rooms do need a refresh, but the grounds are well-kept. The food was nice and the day spa very professionally run.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice and detailed review. It's always a real pleasure to receive such kind and constructive comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services.

I have noted your comment regarding the Spa and i will share your nice comment with our Head of department who will be more than happy to share it with his team.

Regarding the rooms states, we have an upcoming refreshment project to maintain our standard.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.