“A very nice hotel”

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
Ranked #36 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed with two grown up children for 8 days. We had two superior rooms, which were upgraded to deluxe rooms by the hotel. We had asked indoor access and we got it. Room was spacious and nice layout, although the age age could be seen. It is not too old anyway. Aircon was slightly too powerful, but better powerful than too weak. Cleaning was OK. Lobby and common areas were very nice and impresssive, having nice details. Atmosphere was peaceful. Pool area and garden are excellent. Breakfast buffet was very good and sufficient for selection. The staff was friendly in all places and helpful. The food in the hotel was better than we had in different restaurants at Seminyak and Kuta. The prices were reasonable for this kind of hotel. The hotel had the best Mojitos :-) in the town. All in all we liked very much. Definetly would come again to this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aki N
theroyalmanager, Marketing Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and valuable feedback on our hotel through TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to know that you had a memorable time with your family at the hotel.
It is very flattering to hear that you enjoyed our accommodation, foods and facilities.

We thank you for your honest and great feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Camille Ringeard
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at the beachfront one bedroom villa with my husband. A perfect couple gateway. Love the amazing view, the staffs are friendly and very helpful. The villa is super clean and comfy. My best vacation retreat in Bali.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Royal guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and lovely review further to your stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beachfront villa, service and facilities.Nothing better than knowing our Royal guests had a memorable time with us.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sincerely

Camille Ringeard
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank MrsMBallarat

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is a very nice resort hotel, well managed with friendly and efficient staff in a lovely garden setting on the beach.

The hotel is an oasis. The beach is covered in plastic and other detritus the like of which we have never experienced. The surrounding suburb is unattractive and congested and walking on the footpath is unpleasant.

So my advice is to lie around the pool and enjoy the ambience.

Go for dinner at The Teppanyaki restaurant. It is very good value and a lot of fun.

Walk to the right on the beach and go to La Lucciola for breakfast or lunch or dinner. A delightful veranda setting overlooking the sea with an Italian flavour. A must do.

Just outside the gate is Gadogado restaurant. Stylish, good food and service. The wine list is extensive but the prices are ridiculous @ $100+ per bottle.

600 m down the beach to the left you will see a large antenna . There is a cafe on the corner set above the street as a big veranda. Well priced, excellent coffee

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hedonist_Australia
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Royal Guest,
thank you very much for your review and I am very glad on behalf of all Team you have had a very pleasant stay with us. I will pass your compliments to our Staff very soon during our next Employees general Assembly. With reference to the Beach in front of the Hotel since last week we have hired 3 additional team members to make sure the cleaning of the public beach will be improving. This time of the year we always experience negative sea current which leaves a lot of plastic just in front of our beach. I do apologise for it however is a common point among several beach front hotels in Bali.
Thank you again for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you again, i remain
alessandro migliore
general manager

Reviewed 7 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Tim R
theroyalmanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and decided to go for their barbecue dinner ( monday nights) on our last night. Suffered bouts of bad vomiting and abdominal pain several hours later. The next morning, the inexperienced F&B manager didnt take my complaint of food poisoning seriously at first and tried to blame it on other things until I told him that I am a medical doctor.

Do not stay here unless you want to end up in the hospital.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
16  Thank feizel
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

First of all, as I mentioned in my personal email reply yesterday, I am very sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell during your recent stay with us and that we could not meet directly.

However, I would like insist on the fact that, here at the Royal Beach Seminyak Bali, my team provides a superior service and quality in 3 restaurants where food Safety and security are part of our priorities. Please, be informed that we follow Hygiene rules and policies on daily basis, from the agreements of our suppliers to the service check in term of storage, handling, temperatures and fully documented.

This weekly barbeque buffet is very much appreciated by our guests and we serve an average of 35 covers each time. That night we did serve approximately 25 covers and had no negative feedback however there is always a remote possibility a guest can be sick not because of the food but further to different circumstances.

Furthermore, I am glad to inform you that we are currently almost fully booked with repeater guests in house, who trust our professionalism since many years.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our superior service.

Alessandro Migliore

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I went here with my mum for her 60th birthday as a treat and on the first night of arrival the staff stole my iPhone 4s... THE FIRST NIGHT!!!! I don't think they're aware of iCloud having "Find My Phone" cause when I activated it- it was there in the staff head quarters and they still wouldn't give it back to me- not even with my proff seen on the map. The police were just as useless and rude. My advise to you is do NOT stay here- unless you would like your things to be stolen.

• Stayed: August 2013
13  Thank Fooddrinknumber1
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear distinguished guest,
thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor and I am very surprised this is linked to your last stay nearly a year ago. The said missed item according to your statement was also lost in a public area which is frequently used by several other guests and as well no evidence was found also by the National Police which could lead to any of our employees.
Further to your report to the local Police Office, all our staff in charge in that specific public area has been controlled up to their boarding houses however as said above no evidence was found.
I can understand your disappointment about the lost item and I am sorry about it but we cannot point out at any of our personnel if no evidence is being found.
Thank you for your kind understanding and I hope you can reconsider to stay with us again in the near future.
Warmest regards