This is our fourth visit to the Royal Beach in Seminyak in four years, so it's kind of obvious that we love this hotel .
Thé Royal Beach is not the swankiest hotel on the beach, or the newest but it has so much else going for it. For a start, location. It's on the beach in Seminyak, and when you sit by the pool, gazing out over the ocean, you just know you are in a tropical paradise. And, just up the street are the shops and restaurants of vibrant Seminyak. This year we did a gourmet tour of a lot of them - try Sarong, Mama San, Sardine, Kisik, Ginger Moon! Or you could just stay at the hotel, wander around the beautiful gardens, try the garden pool, walk on the beach, people watch, relax.
The rooms could probably do with spruce up to the bedroom fittings, although the bathrooms still look great, even after 20 years, but honestly, you are in the room so little you don't even notice. In fact, it's kinda nice that it's not totally perfect. And it's not like a villa where you are in your little compound most of the time - we are off for a walk and breakfast in the early morning and really are only back to our room to change into swimmers for the pool and then to get ready to go out in the night. Nevertheless, the inclusion of a dvd player this year was much appreciated, especially as we had one wet day..
Other pluses, the staff are beautiful, warm, welcoming, fun, nothing's a trouble - hi Made at the pool! Breakfasts are great, my daughter dreams about them when we come home! Food prices are relatively inexpensive.
The restaurant could vary its menu a bit more often - yep I recognise it's trying to cater to everyone, but on the other hand there is a great chef as food is good! Capris could have a few more daily specials, but these are not criticisms, they are tiny suggestions. The theme nights are great - Balinese in particular, the food was amazing and the dancing so beautiful - lock it in for Friday.
And I have to mention the hotel driver we had a couple of times this trip - Made Kartika - we've had lots of drivers on our various visits to Bali - but Made stands out. His English is great, but more importantly he has a sense of humour and a really good understanding of his country's culture and what is interesting to the tourist. No suggestions about visiting silversmiths - but some great insights into Balinese culture and lifestyle and good suggestions about interesting trips while incorporating what you want - and a fun person to be with for the day. And cluey - drops you at the airport and tells you exactly what you need to do and where to go. Thank you! Highly recommend asking for him if you visit this hotel.
Overall, we absolutely love the Royal Beach - each year we say, maybe we should try somewhere else, but then, if you've found your tropical paradise, why would you?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection