“Puri Cendana revisited”

Ranked #83 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Darwin, Australia
“Puri Cendana revisited”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I wrote a review on Puri Cendana when we returned from holiday September 2012. We have just returned after thoroughly enjoying another 2 weeks of relaxation Bali style.
Once again I made our booking via email and a very quick confirmation for our chosen room was received, same day actually. We were very warmly greeted on arrival; Ayu, Putu and Kadek Sri at Reception are very efficient, always happy and smiling and nothing is too much trouble. Excellent customer service.
The staff in the restaurant recognized us and we were warmly greeted.It does make you feel special. The menu is quite extensive with Western, Indonesian & Asian cuisine available and I have enjoyed all my choices. It is excellent value for money and the breakfast is a great start to the day.
The girls in the massage pavilion do a very firm and relaxing massage and I also had a pedi and foot massage. Again excellent value for money. The pool never seems to be crowded, it is clean and a great spot to spend a few hours.
Puri Cendana is old style Bali so if you want modern, glass and steel stay somewhere else. If you want to experience the Bali of the Balinese I can thoroughly recommend Puri Cendana. A big Thank you to all the staff. See you again soon.......

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trish4040

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I’m of two minds about reviewing this hotel. Should I tell you just how good it is or should I say it’s very bad just so I can keep it for myself :)

I have stayed many times in Bali and usually at another hotel. This time I needed a change and stumbled upon Puri Cendana during an online search of the area. One can often be deceived by website pics and I booked this hotel with some hesitation as it appeared to be much older than what I would normally choose. I had a friend arriving the same evening who was relying on my judgement and another two friends awaiting my feedback before they also booked.

I can honestly say all four of us were not disappointed at all. While it is an older style hotel, the Balinese architecture is a delight. The rooms are very spacious and clean and equipped with all the necessary requirements for a comfortable stay. The pool, while relatively small is kept clean and fresh and the gardens are immaculate. And if you need a massage, look no further than poolside. They are seriously good.

More often than not, the staff throughout Bali are very friendly. This hotel is no exception, only here I believe I can now call the staff friends.

I have only one complaint. Why didn’t I find this hotel sooner!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Iancommunicado
Marrickville, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Puri Cendana Bungalows with my wife. We had checked out the rooms on a previous trip and had several meals at the restaurant which were always good and cheap.

We had a deluxe duplex room (bungalow E) which had two levels. As previous reviewers mentioned the stairs leading upstairs to the bedroom need careful negotiation and yes the upstairs floor squeaks and cracks as you walk on it, however, rest assured that it won't cave in.

The space is big and clean. the bathroom huge and the living area is also ample. Our balcony enabled us to enjoy the beautiful view of the immaculate garden area.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and speak very good English. They all displayed that genuine warm Balinese smile every time we uncounted them.

The Puri Cendana Bungalows are an "excellent value for money stay" if you are not seeking the luxury and traps that accompany the big 5 star establishment.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe duplex room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emmanuelSydney
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Have just returned from Puri Cendana in Seminyak.
What an amazing hotel this really is.
Stayed 13 nights in a superior star room and loved it.
The staff are the best. From the front office to the Restaurant and ALL staff.
The breakfast is lovely and heaps of choices.
We ate several times in the restaurant and the meals for beautiful.
The rooms are huge and cleaned everyday.
The minute we walked in a showed our room I was so surprised. Very comfortable feeling
3 minute walk to the beach and heaps of restaurants nearby.
Will definitely be returning hopefully in April.
Thankyou Puri Cendana for everything. :)

Room Tip: We loved the ground floor as the AC was awesome and close to the pool. The deluxe star are lovely t...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank romaz27
NT
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The minute you walk into the Garden of Hotel Puri Cendana, you can feel yourself relax. The rooms are very spacious with lovely bathrooms, the pool refreshing and the restaraunt has a nice ambiance and basic menu. Breakfast is thoroughly satisfying. and can be followed by a stroll to the beach nearby or shops, massages in the street. All for a very reasonable price A downside (depending on your perspective) was internet connection was patchy.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Excellent helpful service from arranging a taxi to collect me from the airport to the hotel being ideal for a person travelling alone. Good food particularly breakfast and also superb massage next to the swimming pool. Really convenient for beach and not too far from the shopping areas. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Bali and wanting to be fairly close to airport (took an hour to drive because of chaotic roads). A very safe and friendly place.

• Stayed December 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Of all the hotels in Bali, a cabbie recommended this one and we have not found nicer.

Charming old style Balinese with big rooms and bathrooms big tubs 4 poster mozzie netted beds. Just oozing charm!

I recommend this place to anyone looking for good value and slightly out of the club scene.

Only downside was a bit of traffic noise.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank DiverWithGrant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Artemis Villa and Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,014 reviews
Abian Biu Mansion
Abian Biu Mansion
#16 of 35 in Kerobokan

Been to Hotel Puri Cendana? Share your experiences!