“Lovely hotel, lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Uma Sapna

Uma Sapna
Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely hotel, lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had an amazing 5 nights at Uma Sapna. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade upon arrival, and our villa was stunning! The private pool is such a treat, and the room itself is is modern and immaculate, with a gorgeous spacious bathroom.

The included breakfasts were great. You get to choose from various options the day prior, and it's delivered at your specified time. I tried each of the fresh juices, the Eggs Benedict, fried eggs w/sausage and bacon, mie goreng (Indonesian noodles), ham & cheese omelette, and banana pancakes - all tasty! Definitely try something off the Indonesian menu at least once.

The staff is wonderful - always friendly smiles and very accommodating. Plus you can arrange for a massage in your villa. The hotel itself is close to the boutique shopping street, you just have to walk down one road (5 min).

There is construction at the front entrance (building a restaurant, I think) but I never heard any noise throughout our stay. The villa was so peaceful!

I would definitely recommend staying here.

umasapna, General Manager at Uma Sapna, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear kristen0930,

I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay at Uma Sapna so much. Our staff will be very happy that you noticed the way they try to provide our guests with the best possible services. As you stated is the new Uma Sapna restaurant under construction at the moment. The new restaurant will open her doors in the end of July. After the opening the new restaurant will also take care of the food & beverage services of Uma Sapna, which will open possibilities for us to provide you with an even better breakfast/lunch/diner experience!

I would like to thank you for recommending us to other TripAdvisor users and we look very much forward in to welcoming you again in the near future.

Ismoyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at Uma Sanpa for 3 nights after spending 11 days travelling across Flores, so wanted somewhere we could relax at the end of a busy trip to Indonesia and Uma Sapna was absolutely perfect for this.

Uma Sapna is an oasis of calm and tranquillity but is only minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak.

We stayed in a one bedroom executive villa which came with a vast bedroom, huge bath, separate shower, 2 sinks, a lovely patio area plus our own garden and pool.

The service provided by Uma Sapna is nothing short of 5* - welcome fruits on arrival, free massage vouchers, breakfast delivered to your villa at whatever time you choose - nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

It was a perfect end to our holiday in Indonesia and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we have a few days in Bali.

umasapna, General Manager at Uma Sapna, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Barbie1976,

I am very happy to read that the service we provided to you was nothing short to a 5* hotel. At Uma Sapna we always try to give our guests the best possible services against an affordable price. We hope we could provide you with the tranquil and relaxing environment you needed after visiting the beautiful island Flores.

Hopefully you enjoyed your stay in Indonesia and especially with us. We look very much forward in to welcoming you again in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have to admit...I am a frequent traveler to Bali and pretty spoiled. I chose Uma Sapna for my family because it allowed us 2 rooms for a much lower price than many place in the Seminyak area. It can be a little hard to find but is within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. I found the staff to be very kind and willing to help...though they did not seem to have much knowledge of the local area. The food was of average quality, even breakfast. I have stayed all around Bali and many restaurants make their name from having amazing pancakes, or perfect fruit, or the beast French toast. Uma Sapna can claim average at best. The rooms are clean and have nice AC. The pool with our 2 rooms was great for a quick swim and I loved that it was private. The art work on the walls is at a ridiculous price and made me a little nervous to have my 4 year old sleeping close to it... The walk to the beach is longer than most families would want. All in all i do not regret our stay...the price was right, but with so many fabulous options, I am willing to pay a little more and get a 5 star experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nick H
umasapna, General Manager at Uma Sapna, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Nick H,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. At Uma Sapna it is true that our villa park is classified as a four star hotel business. On the other hand we try to provide our guests with a five star experience in return for a way cheaper price than the real five star hotels in and around Seminyak. Based on the price difference with these hotels it is unrealistic to compare Uma Sapna with these hotels.

We hope you and your family had a wonderful stay in Indonesia and especially with Uma Sapna. We look very much forward in to welcoming you again in the near future and otherwise wish you a pleasant stay with any other hotel.

Kindest Regards,
Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was years ago, I firstly stayed @ Uma Sapna.
Ever since, I always stay @ Uma Sapna every time I visit Bali.
The swimming pools are well taken care of, the rooms are nicely designed, the atmosphere is really sexy.
What is more, their hospitality and service is outstanding!!!!
I love this villa deeply.

I brought my friends to Uma Sapna last week, and they all now understood what I have been telling them about the villa for years. Now, they are the fans, as well.

I am already looking forward to staying @ Uma Sapna, again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

umasapna, General Manager at Uma Sapna, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear partyaddict,

I am always very happy to see guests loving their stay at our villas so much, they become repeater guests. Hopefully you will keep loving your stays at Uma Sapna and that the service of our staff may never be disappointing.

We all look very much forward in to welcoming you again at Uma Sapna! :)

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to Uma Sapna 5 years later and it most certainly lived up to the previous trip and more. We stayed in a relatively new executive villa, the decor is minamalist and sleek yet extremely comfortable. We had a gorgeous huge bath and very comfortable bed. We loved having a private garden and pool to relax in during the day. Although it is very private, sound did travel slightly from the adjacent villa but it wasn't a major issue. The breakfasts included are also excellent as is the service. The staff arranged all transport and dinner bookings, nothing is too much trouble. We had 3 massages in the spa, all of which were fantastic. All in all we would highly recommend Uma Sapna and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2014
umasapna, General Manager at Uma Sapna, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Milly H,

It is always good to see guests returning to our villa's. As I can read your second stay lived up to all your expectations. I am very happy to read that you noticed the fact that our staff is always trying to make your stay as comfortable as possible and no request should be to much for our guests.

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and we all look very much forward in to welcoming you again in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Quite the stay. Very impressed. The only issue was that the toilet kept breaking but the staff, villa, food were all up to expectations. Will definitely come back and stay again. Close to shopping, Kudeta, and Potato Head. The spa was also exceptional.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
umasapna, General Manager at Uma Sapna, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Peter D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very happy to read that you valued your stay with Uma Sapna as excellent. I would like to apologize for the toilet which kept being broken. Our staff is working very hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Therefore this is not the way we like to serve our guests.

On the other hand I am very much pleased to read that you noticed the perfect location of Uma Sapna close to all the main hotspots in the Seminyak area but still experience privacy and a tranquil environment.

I would like to thank you again for writing a review about us and we all look very much forward in to welcoming you again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Arrived for a 1 week stay in June in a Pool Villa and received an upgrade to an Executive Pool Villa. The villa, layout, pool and garden were all fantastic and very private.

All staff were very helpful and genuinely friendly and accommodating.

Whilst there is currently no onsite restaurant (it is currently under construction) it is only a short walk to many of Seminyak's favourite eateries and there is a comprehensive room service menu for the times you want to kick back in your own private environment.

Highly recommended place to stay and we'll be back for sure.

1 Thank Paul O
umasapna, General Manager at Uma Sapna, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Paul O,

I am very happy you noticed the effort our staff makes to provide our guests with the best possible services. No requests of our guests is to much. Also I am very happy you noticed the tranquility and private setting at out villas.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We all look very much forward to welcoming you again and hopefully you will enjoy the new food experience that Uma Sapna can provide by that time.