“Perfect 8 nights away with some of my bestfriends...”
other travellers have booked this property
Does this look relaxing? Enjoy your time in Bali
Bathroom (Second Bedroom)
Bathroom (Second Bedroom)
Entrance
Pathways
Welcome to your own private villa
Swim in your own private pool whenever you want
Pool at night
Sun yourself on the pool loungers
Some of our wonderful staff - Juwini, Adi & Putu
Lounge at night
Lounge area
Looks good, doesn't it.
Dining / kitchen
Who's ready for dinner prepared by their own private chef?
Picture yourself here with a good book...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Narelle19...
Perth, Australia
“Perfect 8 nights away with some of my bestfriends ;)”
Reviewed 2 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Been home over a week now from an awesome 8 day break to beautiful Bali...
Left my husband & 3 sons home and went with 6 of my best girlfriends & we had an unbelievable trip.
I felt a fair bit of pressure as I'd selected the accomodation & hoped it lived upto the reviews & photos etc.... Well ~ it certainly didn't disappoint. Exceeded our expectations and wer'e already planning our next trip.
The place itself is absolutely stunning (the photos don't lie & it's even better in real life)
I wasn't aware we had 24/7 security outside when booking but this was very reassuring to us all. The staff were AMAZING from the pool cleaner, the driver from the airport & the security guys. The biggest treasure we found on our trip tho' was the beautiful Jerwini :)
She was the housekeeper/chef & now friend. She made the room light up in the morning, answered any of our questions regarding Bali (where to go, what's a good price for something etc etc....) & did it all with a smile. Might I add too...... boy oh boy can she cook! We ate out alot of meals BUT the couple of lunch and dinners we had at home were outstanding and as good if not better than the restaurants. She truly was a highlight of our trip & we all feel blessed having met her. One day in the next year or so we hope to be back to see her & relive our wonderful getaway. Thankyou to all who made our holiday so amazing ~ we miss you all & hope to see you again in the near future xox

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff & place is beautiful :)
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children
28 Oct 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words N, especially regarding Juwini's service.
She's a real treasure and we love her.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Jonathan...
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Definately a place to come back to!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

I stayed here with my family for one week and all of us enjoyed it tremendously! The villa was very well kept, the decoration was unique and it made us feel right at home. Every room was well equipped and the wifi was very efficient.
The part we really enjoyed was the pool and Juwini's cooking. She's an excellent cook and took care of us really well. Thumbs up for Juwini!
I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a nice and quiet place to stay while being spoiled with good food.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and the food
Liked least: Having to leave the villa
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
18 Sep 2014
Hi Jonathon,
Thanks for your review. We love getting positive feedback, especially when it mentions our wonderful staff.
I'll be sure to pass your thoughts onto them.
It was a pleasure to have you and your lovely family.
Please visit again soon.

Tan S
Bentleigh East, Victoria, Australia
“loved it will be back”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Dear Kay and Anthony,
Where do I begin, it was lovely to meet you when we were in the most amazing place. You made everything so easy from the 1st moment I made contact and your help wad fantastic. From the moment we landed in Bali to have your driver waiting for us. To juwini at the villa. She is amazing. nothing was to much trouble and the kids miss her. Your villa is so beautiful and and very much like being at home. The kids loved the fact that they could lounge around and treat it like home .We have so many wonderful memories and we will be back when we can. Nothing was to much trouble and the kids miss juwini's cooking actually we all do

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole place
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Hi Tan,
It was lovely to meet you and your family.
Thank you so much for leaving a review, such kind words.
Please come and stay with us again next time you're in Bali, you're always welcome.

Tiffany S
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Paradise”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Were do you begin to describe perfection. This was our first trip to Bali, my sister was getting married over there and we were pleased to be getting a holiday as well as a wedding. Kay told me I would love Bali and love it I did. We were initially going to stay at Umalas Retreat for 4 nights but after I mucked up our booking on Gili Island we extended our stay to 8 nights and I am so pleased that we did.

This villa is divine. Kay has such a knack for styling and adding all those little touches. My husband and I were travelling with our 14 year old daughter and 18 year old son, and the layout was perfect for us, everyone had the space they needed.

The staff are just fantastic and cannot do enough for you. Juwini is a real treasure and a great cook, satay yum, nasi goring yum, green pancakes yum, Babi guling (suckling pig) just to die for. Juwini also has a talent for knowing that you want a Bintang before you know it, and brings it to which ever lazy spot you are relaxing in.

Putu was great and ran us around until we felt we had our bearings. The security staff were always accommodating and would see us safely in and out of cabs and always available to help carry my endless shopping. It was an easy walk up to the end of the road for what every we needed or else it was never too much trouble for Juwini to pick up supplies for us. The location was perfect, it was quiet, but also just an Australian $2.50 taxi trip to Seminyak, (we always gave the driver 50000rp, $5) as they are so friendly.

What was my favorite part, the pool, the gazebo, endless massages on the sun lounges, the attention to detail, the huge bed or staff I now consider friends… all of the above. Cant wait to do it all again.

Liked best: I loved everything about Umalas Retreat
Liked least: I actually cried when I hugged Juwini goodbye, I did not want to leave.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Hi Tiffany,
Thank you so much for leaving a review. We love hearing that people have enjoyed themselves.
Just reading about how much you loved Juwini's cooking is making me drool! She's the best, isn't she?
Please visit us again soon.

stods10
Nelson, Canada
“Incredible Private Paradise with spectacular prestige service!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in April 2014

After travelling through South East Asia with a few of my friends from Canada we landed our last few weeks together in Bali. At first we tried out hotels, but then had the realization that renting a villa is not only prestigious but very affordable! Especially if you are travelling with a group of people or a family. Personally we were 2 guys and 2 girls (all 21 years old) and it was absolutely everything we wanted and so much more. The management (putu) is very friendly and always available for anything! We asked lots of questions about places to see and activities to do and they always had a great idea! They we're very helpful with directions and organization as well.
The personal house keeper/chef (Juwini) is every persons dream. The house is always very clean and smells amazing. Every night she lights bug repellent candles just for extra comfort. Juwini's cooking ability should be put into a chef competition because the food she cooks seriously tastes like heaven. Make sure you try her famous morning omelettes, they are the only thing that would actually get me out of the king size bed's in the morning. Not to mention they are like sleeping on a cloud.
The entertainment centre is awesome to. They have many different movies for all types. Comedy, action, children etc. The speakers are great for playing music throughout the day. The pool is kept very clean by the pool boy who comes around weekly if I remember correctly. The sun beds are very comfortable and professionally made, with Umalas Retreat stitched in. Overall the general maintenance of the villa is perfect. You can tell the owners and everybody that takes care of it passionately care about it. That is a big part in why we enjoyed it so much. As soon as we walked in we were greeted with fresh fruit smoothies, right then I knew we were in for an experience I will not forget.
One day I would love to meet the owners (Kay and Anthony), I can tell they are amazing people by the way they run their business.
I would recommend this place to anybody looking to go on a vacation. I want to go back, I want to live there. It is paradise.

Dallon

Liked best: The personal chef
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
9 Sep 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us Dallon.
We're very glad you had a good time - I know our staff enjoyed having you there.
Come back and see us soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor of the villa
Liked least: We didn't stay long enough
Travelling group: Young Children
Older travelers Large groups
Awww, shucks.
Thanks so much for your kind words.
It makes us feel great that others love the villa as much as we do.

You and you're beautiful family are welcome back anytime.

Tash603
Byron Bay, Australia
“villa that has lots of little extras, bit out of the way but quiet”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Umalas retreat is a lovely villa , with a quirky country décor. It has great pool area that we enjoyed and is well equipped with toys, games, book and videos which was handy with young kids. Juwini the chef is a great cook and very honest and sweet. The few issues we had were the sewerage smell in two of the rooms coming from drain work outside which meant I had to sleep in the room that was not next to my childs., that was annoying but out of the owners control. And also we felt a bit isolated being too far too walk anywhere near Seminyak, and a resort would suit us better next time being only two of us. Also the manager, driver was not that friendly on the pick up and drop off. Otherwise we enjoyed and relaxed there. Having different security outside was a bit strange especially when they came in the morning at 6am to put out the coils, so I asked for them not too. Kay the owner was very generous and let us check out late for free and was very helpful in her emails.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the pool and the vidoes and books
Liked least: the smell in the rooms form outside and the location
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
25 Jul 2014
Hi Tash,
Thanks so much for your review.
We cannot apologise enough for the stale water smell that you experienced during your stay. It occurred due to the sewers on the road being upgraded (by the local council), which unfortunately disrupted our plumbing and redirected the airflow from the shower pipes back into the villa, rather than out to the road. We had a plumber attend on the day you notified us of the odour, however his solution involved pulling up the shower bases; not ideal when the property was occupied. We subsequently located some parts in Australia that would address the issue, and flew them over to Bali. We’re very happy to say that the problem has now been resolved.
I’m sorry that you felt that the property was too far from Seminyak. We love that the villa is in a quiet area, yet is close enough (5-10 minutes) from Seminyak to easily get to the good stuff.
I’m a little confused about your comment regarding different security staff. We have a team of three security that attend the villa full time, and they do work on a rotating roster, however you should have met each of them during your stay. I am glad however that you asked them not to come into the villa in the mornings to collect the mosquito coils, as they really are there for you, and can be as flexible with their tasks as you would like them to be.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your time with Juwini. We think she’s wonderful, and I’m glad that others share that feeling.
Thank you for staying at Umalas Retreat I, and for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is this feedback that allows us to continuously improve our product and service so that we can meet our goal of providing our guests with an amazing Bali experience.
Best regards,
Anthony & Kay Shearn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing