“Sorely Disappointed, Never Again!”

TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali
Ranked #38 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We booked TS Suites based on the glowing reviews. We were looking forward to it. However we were sorely disappointed. We stayed 2 nights but actually had to change room twice! We arrived and requested for a room away from the road after reading complains about traffic noise. After returning from dinner, we realized there was NO HOT SHOWER in our room. After a lot of calling back and forth past midnight and waiting for technician to fix the problem, we were finally moved to another room in the front of the hotel when they could not solve it.
The whole night we didn't sleep well due to traffic noise and other hotel guests slamming their doors at all hours of the night. Very annoying, especially when you go on holiday to relax but instead end up irritated and drained due to poor sleep. We got up early since we could not sleep anyway and requested to change room to a quieter part of the hotel that ALSO has a WORKING HOT SHOWER. We returned after breakfast and were told our room was ready. The bellboy came to collect our things for moving again. this time we spent 40mins walking up and down the corridors and floors as there was a miscommunication between their staff. They could not find/agree on the room to move us to. Other guests were leaving the hotel by this time to start on their day's activities but we had to waste precious holiday time due to the staff's absolute incompetence.
Finally we were moved to a suite. To be honest I don't care for the upgrade. All we were asking for is a decent comfortable room with working amenities but this was not to be found. Exhausted, we slept for another 2 hours, through a NOISY aircon fan in our THIRD room. It was really loud, not like a normal machine sound. Before we left the hotel to finally start our day in mid afternoon, I instructed the front desk to please fix the fan problem as we really needed a good night's rest. Imagine my frustration when we returned that night to find that our room was not even made up (I had pressed for room makeup service before we left) and the NOISY FAN PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE. I called the front desk once again and as usual the staff just apologized profusely, to which I finally demanded that they take me seriously and fix the problem instead of just apologizing! Seriously what is the point of saying sorry over and over again when your hotel fails to rectify problems? Finally the technician comes and concludes that I cannot turn the aircon fan to HIGH. It must only be kept at MEDIUM. What then is the point of having an aircon control to adjust the temputure and fan speed??
I have never been more glad to check out of a hotel. I have never changed rooms twice in ANY hotel stay. This is incomprehensible. I understand that the hotel is 7 months old but still these are basic requirements for any hotel. Hot shower, comfortable room. The problem with this hotel is that though the design is swanky, it is severely lacking in hardware. Staff are only good at apologizing but not acting on and fixing the problem, which is immensely annoying and a complete waste of the guest's time. Breakfast food is crappy and tastes like it was prepared many hours before.There was a large wall crack in the suite we were put up in. I don't know if we were just plain unlucky to be given such lousy rooms but I will never return to TS Suites again after such a horrible experience.

Room Tip: Ensure your room has a WORKING HOT SHOWER and is AWAY from the traffic noise in the front of the hot...
9  Thank Jade_A691
tssuitesseminyak, General Manager at TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear Jade,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

My sincerest apology for the unpleasant experiences you had on your visit. We have noted the comments on the hot water, noise, the absent of make-up room service as well as the moving back and forth and for our lack of responsive of our staff. There is certainly no excuse for our failure in providing the most basic comfort during your stay. Our Department Head concerned has been fully briefed on your comments and had taken necessary actions to look into the matter to avoid similar things happen again in the future.
We have reviewed our room check list where the Housekeeping together with Engineering team are working together to ensure that the utilities in the room are working in maximum conditions at all times.

Dear Jade, thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to greatly improves on your experience when you are next in Bali. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with a future reservation, and I will personally ensure all details are well looked after.

W. Nugroho Sejati

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location is ideal - a 15 minute walk to the beach and down the way you'll find tons of interesting shops (no need to go all the way to Kuta), and right behind the main shopping roads
you'll find beautiful everyday lives of the Balinese waiting for you
Also not to far from the airport - that worked for me for sure
A lot of all-day stuff going on - breakfast, pool & bar
Has the happening restaurant & club Jenja right below
and FREE MINI BAR!
The only thing is the room towards the road can get a bit noisy but in all honesty if you've been out all day shouldn't have a problem falling asleep
I would definitely tell my friends to stay here if they're going to Bali
Well done TS Suites!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for two night with family, and got two rooms that was able to accommodate 7 people in hour group. Loved the layout of this place, and the rooms are just gorgeous. The staff was very attentive, and all you can drink from the fridge was a plus.

Room Tip: If you have an unlocked phone get a cheap card then buy some minutes called pulsa which can be bough...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sasiki1
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Decent hotel. Spacious and clean rooms. Decent WIFI connection. Nice decor.

However, 4-star at best given level of customer service. Most staff don't really understand English and it takes at least 15 minutes before staff responds to your request usually (slow. Note: Security pretty useless; slow to respond and I wonder what they're doing.)

Last time when it was raining, guards and hotel staff did not want to help me flag a cab (even though they had umbrellas) because they were afraid of the rain, until I got annoyed and asked them to flag a cab for me. Security guard just stared at me without doing anything. Of course, when I complained, the staff at concierge immediately helped me, but the thing is - it wasn't his job. It was the staff at the front door's job. I was utterly disappointed at how the staff reacted to me that day, which is why I left the hotel and stayed at another hotel in town instead.

Location isn't central (5-15 min cab ride).

Fair value for price, but not exactly a gem, because you can find other options (equivalent to or better) at such price.

I'd agree w other reviewers - nice rooms, but they need to improve their management and level of customer service I think, in order for it to deserve a 4-5 star status.

Have to add that if you're very sensitive to noise, you can hear people walking in hallways etc. I picked a room close to the waterfall to be away from noisy area.

Room Tip: Room close to waterfall
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nicolettalabella
Reviewed 15 July 2014

While there were a few negatives this hotel was great, they are new so there is time and room to improve. The facilities were great, someone complained about the gym being small, one of the biggest I have seen in a hotel. The internet worked perfectly when checking facebook, instagram and emails, no complaints there. The breakfast was decent with enough variety. Great water pressure, that was warm throughout the day. Nice deep bath, with great soaps and toiletries available. The pool was beautiful and the bar had a great assortment of cocktails. The mini bar had diet coke, coke, sprite a few other drinks, two kit kats and two bottles of water, that were replaced daily for free. There were also a packet of crisps (seaweed flavoured) I didn't like this flavor, but not to complain about as it was free. The restaurants down stairs cater for a range of different tastes.

Now the negatives, all of which can be improved and definitely did not hinder our stay. In our shower there was a bit of mould forming in the corner, the bath leaked this strange orangey-brown liquid on the outside. There was a sewerage smell from the bathroom drains, somedays it was worse than others, but we dealt with it, perhaps they could provide some fragrance spray until they fix the problem altogether. The pillows didn't provide any support, and the bed was a little hard, however I did have decent sleep throughout the week. The room service, and poolside bar menus do not cater for fussy eaters and had very minimal selection, perhaps to encourage people to eat at the restaurants down stairs, however for lazy people -me, I would have loved a club sandwich by the pool at their great lounges, perfect for dining. The pool water was a little cold, which is weird as the pool gets direct sunlight all day long. The music also wasn't relaxing at all, felt like I was in a club the whole stay, it didn't affect my sleep though.

All in all this hotel was great in design and architecture, it was in a decent location, a short walk from the beach, a short trip by taxi to kuta and seminyak.

I think they could improve their room guide with the menus of the restaurants downstairs, add some of the activities that are available in their hotel, add the spa treatments and prices.

I would stay here again, if they improved their own menu, and their level of cleanliness, however next time i'll be staying in a resort, I miss the view of the beach, despite the love of staring at the buildings, and the people that inhabit them :)

Room Tip: Rooms that are above the vacant restaurant spaces are quieter, the ones away from the Jenja club are...
2  Thank Kayleigh G
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Finally settled on TS Suites after looking through so many different hotels in bali. And I am very thankful that we made this choice!

1) the hotel staff: so polite and ever ready to help. No communication barriers too. They are always wearing a smile on their faces. Makes you feel at home.

2) check in: arrived at the hotel at about 3pm. Check in was a breeze. The hotel staff bought us personally around the hotel, before bring us to our room. Showed us where to go for breakfast, the gym, the pool etc. really good service there!

3) the room: totally in love with the room the min we stepped in. The toilet was very spacious, with a separate toilet and shower. The bathtub is indeed a deep-soaking bathtub as mentioned. I soaked in it for the three nights that I was there! They provided some spa salt for the bathtub, which is replenished daily. The towels are clean. Toiletries are all provided. Bathroom slippers provided.
Bed is so comfortable that it is hard to get up in the mornings. Snack bar (some canned drinks, chips and kit kats) are replenished daily.
Con: The wall mounted TV was a little too small for our liking. The tap water was a tad too salty for our liking too. We boiled it and it was so salty that we didn't drink it. Thankfully they provided 4 bottles of mineral water daily so not an issue there. Wifi was ok, except on our last day, we couldn't connect.

4) the infinity pool: the pool is so beautiful during sunset and sunrise! Thought the street view isn't fantastic, it is still a good pool to relax and enjoy a drink or two.

5) breakfast: not much variety but it's enough. Comes with the standard items such as bread, fruits, cereal, porridge, noodles and eggs. We missed our breakfast one morning as they served the breakfast until 1030 at the restaurant. So we called for room service at 11am and we had a pleasant surprise as the food we ordered was free as we missed our breakfast! How nice and thoughtful of the hotel.

6) location: the location isn't fantastic as it is not walkable to any attractions. However, the hotel staff will help you get a cab and they come pretty fast. By taxi, Beach Walk is only about 10-15mins away. Taxi fares are quite cheap in Bali. A 15 min ride costs about 50k rupiah.

& they screened World Cup on a huge screen at the leisure level. Plus point!

All in all, we really love this hotel! Very modern and new and clean hotel. Worth the money spent! Will definitely recommend this hotel!

2  Thank Wangahyi
tssuitesseminyak, General Manager at TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Wangahyi,

Warmest Greeting from TS Suite Seminyak Bali!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and would also like to thank you for the positive comments regarding our staff, service, food and our facility. We definitely share you comment to our team and we will keep it up to improving our service quality,

Look forward to welcome you back in the close future.

Should you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best Regards,
TS Suite Seminyak Bali

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great setup, hardware and room but the service is rather dissatisfied. Not well attentive staff, often talk to each other rather than serving the guest.
Awkward to see the staff chit chatting in the front desk all the while and not attend to walk in guest.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Yean Yean L,

Warmest Greeting from TS Suite Leisure Seminyak Bali!

Thank you very much for your review toward Trip Advisor,we will definitely share your comments for further encouragement with the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome on your next visit to the Hotel.

We hope we still have chance to welcome you back and we would take our promises to delighting you again with better services.

Please feel free to contact or email us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,