“Lovely looking place but very noisy”

TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali
Ranked #38 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of August 2014. First impressions were great -- very new, modern style. Very nicely decorated, cool, funky pool area. (Drinks at the pool bar were very nice but are very expensive outside of Happy Hour!)

Bed was extremely comfortable, lovely bath and bathroom facilities. No complaints at all about how everything looked... However, the hotel is right next to a main road, so traffic noise can be quite annoying if you are a light sleeper. It didn't bother us too much, but I can see how it would be bothersome for others. Also, at around 6am we could hear tables and chairs being scraped on the floor upstairs while the staff were setting up for breakfast. The walls generally seem to be quite thin, you can hear whenever people slam their doors or walk around wearing high heels.

Just got back from breakfast which was extremely disappointing... The bacon looked like it had been sitting there for ages. Choice wasn't great.

All the staff are lovely, friendly and helpful, which we've found throughout most of Bali.

Overall, I would stay here again as the bed was very comfortable, everything was very clean, modern and new, BUT I would request a room away from the road and not have breakfast included in the price. Also, I would try to pay less than $150 USD per night (that was a reduced rate through Agoda already).

Room Tip: Book a room away from the main road. We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms and the size, style and...

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights with my partner at the beginning of our Bali trip. The staff are amazing, helping you out wherever they can. They helped me track down my lost phone and book taxis/drivers and dinners out. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable and the free minibar was a nice touch. It is not in the hustle bustle of Seminyak and I was surprised when we pulled over to a five star hotel in quite an undeveloped street. I enjoyed the location was about 5 minute walk to beach and 30 minutes to the good shops for shopping. A taxi cost around $2.

I would not recommend the spa unless having the treatment in your room as the spa was just in the middle of the pool showers.

Breakfast had a huge selection, most of which wasn't for me but it would be hard not to be able to find something you like.

On reflection, clean rooms, good facilities, and super friendly staff. Would love to go back!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I guess everyone has their own experience and expectation of a hotel. The hotel is as nice as the pictures show especially the rooms and pool area. We found the concierge staff helpful. Their English is ok, but some people might find they need to talk slower if they have a thick accent. The coup de gras for us was their reaction when my wife had an accident with one of their scooter bikes we hired for the day. The first thing we did when we got back to reception was inform them of the accident and the damage done. The only thing they were concerned about in front us was whether my wife was ok for the rest of the night. Even though she said she was fine, privately she was rattled by the whole experience and never at any time did any of the staff vary their attitude to us. It made it feel like they weren't just a hotel business. That was our lasting memory of our stay. Other people mAy have other experiences, but it's the small personable things that make the lasting impression for us.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We arrived late on the 14th August, our stay was until 26th staying total of 12 nights.
There were 6 of us, my husband and myself,his birthday on 22nd August, my 2 daughters one of which turned 30 on the 20th of August,my eldest son and partner,and daughters partner.
We were picked up by staff as we were staying in suite but the other 4 had to pay transfer fee of $15-00 aust.,rooms upon arrival and greeting staff polite. That was the absolute END of 5 star accomodation expectation bar the politeness of the poor staff who were unable to speak or understand little if any ENGLISH making it impossible to get adequate basic service.
Room service was consistantly over 45 minutes to arrive after repeat calls ,one night one was 1 1/2 hrs with appologies of mishap ,never quicker than 40 mins., also reminding that I am reviewing 3 rooms. The suite was larger than standard room but for the extra just above $100-00 aust.,was no advantage to us at all so if you expect some extra niceties for your money DON'T you;ll be extremely disappointed. Breakfast buffet was pretty basic, you had to pay extra for cappucino, they don't provide skim or soy milks which limited my son who is Vegan and ate nothing at all for breakfasts and we had to walk to lovely Cafe Zuccini 10 mins away for morning capps.

Room Tip: choose another place,id even spoken to the manager who listened but didn;t seemed to be concerned, w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank janinemilone
tssuitesseminyak, General Manager at TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear Janine Milone,

Although it might be very late, thus thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

My sincerest apology for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. We understand that the incidents must have been very frustrating to you and your family especially on your special events. We have done changes on the varieties of menus as well as the selection of drinks on our breakfast. Unfortunately, Cappuccino is not served during breakfast, thus these choices (selections of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or cappuccino) are available for guest who stays in our Villas, and I trust that this privilege has been given to you by the Manager during your stay. We also had reviewed the speed of our F&B team in order to meet our standards in terms of food quality, service & delivery.

I noticed that you booked three rooms (1 Suite and Two Rooms) and it sadden to learn that alongside with your family, you did not feel the difference. I am sorry that you received inferior service when you have to pay extra for suite. Beside the bigger space, and airport pick up, one of our strength points of suite is our Guest Personal Officer. They were meant to assist and handling all kind of inquiries throughout your stay.

We are striving to enhance our performance in terms of services and we are hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel whenever travel brings you our way.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Pros - beautiful hotel with amazing suites and pool area; mini fridge refilled daily; attentive staff; good and varied breakfast; quick and enjoyable room service.

Cons - very expensive pool bar for half a drink.

1  Thank Becky H
Reviewed 26 August 2014

this new hotel is very good considering the location and price as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful and explain everything about the hotel. The room is so big with a great bathroom and the bed is comfortable. I love the rooftop pool and bar and all facilities are always clean. Suggestion is for the breakfast to make more various and also no mirror in the bedroom, they provide it in the bathroom only.
I will definitely recommend it and would like to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel was simply amazing! It has left the rare wow factor. We have stayed all over Bali and Australia in beautiful hotels... But this was on a whole new level.

We did find it very hard to catch a taxi and so did other people at the hotel, but all in all it was still worth it!

• Stayed: August 2014