My boyfriend and I stayed at Mutiara Bali at the end of July 2014 for 5 days, we had booked this a few months in advance because we wanted somewhere nice to stay after 5 months of travelling. We were not disappointed, the service before we had even arrived was outstanding! I emailed ahead to double check the room booking and they were so helpful and polite and even helped set up free pick up from the hotel. When we arrived we were taken back by how gorgeous the grounds were, the décor was so pretty and it had a relaxing feel to it. Our room was on the second floor, which we were shown to by a member of staff, the room was huge, great A/C, TV with so many channels to choose from, mini bar and fridge (free water but other drinks chargeable), room service, incredible huge spa style bathroom and a balcony too! Let's just say after weeks of travelling, we were in heaven! The town is only a 3-4 minute walk away and the beach about 8 minutes, so it is very centrally located. The pool area is lovely, surrounded by plants and trees and water features, with a cute hammock swing. The complimentary breakfast was great, with loads of options, plus the staff there were always friendly and smiling. Free wifi was also available, only a little annoying as you had to log in again every time you left the room. We also get a free drop off at the airport (although a bit disappointing as they were late.)
There are a few points that could be improved, but this didn't ruin our time at all. Firstly the pool and Jacuzzi aren't heated. Now, I know you will say it is Bali and boiling but it didn't heat up the water and this made it difficult to get in. Secondly the gym, it is right next to the pool and open air... it gets so hot in there you can barely breathe. I ran once and didn't bother again. It just needs a glass door and some air con and then it will be great, although the machines are a little outdated. The food wasn't amazing, it was fine and we ate there a lot because we loved the restaurant's décor.. this could be that we were sick of rice and noodles though. Lastly, the massage spa wasn't that relaxing, we paid a lot more than we normally would for a massage as a treat (compared to the £3 ones you get elsewhere) but the masseuse's were no better and regularly caused us discomfort.
Overall, a great hotel, just a few improvements and it will be amazing. I will defiantly recommend to my friends for excellent value and a bit of luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonder if you’ve ever wanted to find a place where culture, nature, and style are mixed to form the unique touches of the heaven? The Bali Island will definitely occupy those needs. And while you spending your time experiencing the peaceful paradise island of Gods and Goddess, we are here at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa offering you our own unique touch of Balinese hospitality that will ensure you have a pleasant stay during your holiday away from home with the consists of resort and private villas designed with a touch of modern convenience is blend perfectly with the traditional Balinese Architecture.Each villa is equipped with designer kitchen, dining pavilion, beautifully manicured garden, private pool, wireless internet access, air-conditioned bedrooms with stress-reliever stylish bathroom giving an atmosphere where you can truly be yourself. Nestled at the heart of Seminyak district, Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa is only 30 minutes away from the airport, centrally surrounded by high fashion boutiques, art galleries, world class dining venues and night life entertainment. Our welcoming and friendly staffs are looking forward to make sure everything is right during your stay at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa.Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa is pleasantly welcoming you to experience Balinese hospitality at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort And Villas
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Hotel
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas Seminyak