“Would return for the 3rd time..”

Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas
Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Would return for the 3rd time..”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My second time back at Mutiara Bali. Would def. recommend it to someone who is seeking cheap, convenient and clean accommodations.

We booked this months in advance through an online booking site and requested a queen bed. When we got there at 10PM, we were disappointed that they could not accommodate us and was not too helpful in assisting us. Word of advice, book directly on their site so they can accommodate better.The next day, the team was so helpful and moved us to another room.

Despite the difficulties in check in, we had a pleasant stay. The staff were super nice and helpful and they surprise me with a Happy Birthday pizza on my birthday :)

Overall, the room is clean and the location is great. Its about 3-5 minutes walk to the main street and seminyak square. Lots of great cafe and shops in the area. You can walk to the beach in less than 10 minutes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Wrldtrvlr2208

Thank you very much for your review regarding our resort, I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. We advice our guest to check the preference bedding configuration directly to our hotel via phone call or email as our online agents could only provide the option of preference but it will be based on the availability of the hotels upon check in time. Last but not least, as we always come up with a new promotion rates for our return customers, please booked through our website and check out for any promotions going on especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Ivan Sutanto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Was booked in to stay for one night and also paid for airport pickup, as our flight got changed on our arrival day I rang to advise we required an earlier pick up. Firstly I was advised there was no airport pickup on my booking, then I was advised no cars available. The manner I was dealt with left a sour taste in my mouth, so I cancelled the night and stayed elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear SarahNJosh

Thank you very much for your review regarding our resort and I'm really sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience hence I had double check with my reservation team that we actually had already inform you that our hotel airport pick up will be based on the flight schedule that you had send to us, however during your case, you had made a sudden change at the same day of your arrival and our drivers is not available on that time as they had to pick up another guest and we had suggesting you to take the airport taxi if you are not willing to wait our driver to be back and there is no charge on the airport pick up if you want to cancel it. After our reservation team had explain the situation you had understand about it and asking about our exact hotel location however about 10 minutes later you call back and would like to cancel your stay. I personally apologize if there is an inconvenient matters yet I believe our team had try their best to accommodate your request unfortunately in this case the situation is not under hotel control (flight delay).

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stay here regularly but the whole area has changed. Too many tourist traps and loss of authenticity. Seminyak is not the " real Bali " .......just another large resort town in any generic place. Do yourself a huge favour and go to Bedugul and Chandi Dhasa to get a glimpse of Bali......
I stay in the Deluxe rooms always now, second floor is not good if you need a quiet sleep.
WiFI really bad at connecting at times. Cannot Skype clearly. I'm there on business not pleasure so it is quite trying but that's Bali charm- acceptance is the only way.
I know a lot of the staff here now. Sucita and Armini from the kitchen staff are great at their jobs and totally unassuming.
Reception great also but housekeeping need to improve with removing dirty dishes from the room after dinner has finished. My dishes from dinner stayed outside on the table for 24 hours. Tari is great in reservation. Go there in Feb or April- too busy during high season!

Room Tip: Go deluxe....
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear india70

Thank you very much for your review regarding our resort, I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. We understand the surrounding area had change a lot at Seminyak area compare to your first stay at our resort, hence we will always keep the authentic Balinese design for our hotel so our guest could always feel the true Balinese ambiance during their stay. I will check our WIFI connectivity strength and we will rectified it as soon as possible as we understand that the WIFI is a necessity for our guest. Last but not least, as we always come up with a new promotion rates for our return customers, please booked through our website and check out for any promotions going on especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Mutiara Bali at the end of July 2014 for 5 days, we had booked this a few months in advance because we wanted somewhere nice to stay after 5 months of travelling. We were not disappointed, the service before we had even arrived was outstanding! I emailed ahead to double check the room booking and they were so helpful and polite and even helped set up free pick up from the hotel. When we arrived we were taken back by how gorgeous the grounds were, the décor was so pretty and it had a relaxing feel to it. Our room was on the second floor, which we were shown to by a member of staff, the room was huge, great A/C, TV with so many channels to choose from, mini bar and fridge (free water but other drinks chargeable), room service, incredible huge spa style bathroom and a balcony too! Let's just say after weeks of travelling, we were in heaven! The town is only a 3-4 minute walk away and the beach about 8 minutes, so it is very centrally located. The pool area is lovely, surrounded by plants and trees and water features, with a cute hammock swing. The complimentary breakfast was great, with loads of options, plus the staff there were always friendly and smiling. Free wifi was also available, only a little annoying as you had to log in again every time you left the room. We also get a free drop off at the airport (although a bit disappointing as they were late.)

There are a few points that could be improved, but this didn't ruin our time at all. Firstly the pool and Jacuzzi aren't heated. Now, I know you will say it is Bali and boiling but it didn't heat up the water and this made it difficult to get in. Secondly the gym, it is right next to the pool and open air... it gets so hot in there you can barely breathe. I ran once and didn't bother again. It just needs a glass door and some air con and then it will be great, although the machines are a little outdated. The food wasn't amazing, it was fine and we ate there a lot because we loved the restaurant's décor.. this could be that we were sick of rice and noodles though. Lastly, the massage spa wasn't that relaxing, we paid a lot more than we normally would for a massage as a treat (compared to the £3 ones you get elsewhere) but the masseuse's were no better and regularly caused us discomfort.

Overall, a great hotel, just a few improvements and it will be amazing. I will defiantly recommend to my friends for excellent value and a bit of luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the corner, noise in the pool by kids very early in the morning can get noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chloe W
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Chloe W

Thank you very much for your review regarding our resort, I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. We keep using the traditional Balinese architecture and our resort room is very spacious as we are not following the trend of the new hotels in Bali where they implied a modern minimalist design to make sure that our guest who mostly come from different country to feel the Balinese hospitality during their holiday. Thank you for your kind suggestion on our Gym as I'm actually have the same idea to install an air conditioner and put the glass wall surround it. I will also discuss the matter with our Spa therapists regarding the discomfort that you experience and I'm apologize for that. Last but not least, as we always come up with a new promotion rates for our return customers, please booked through our website and check out for any promotions going on especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I had to move out of another villa in the central Seminyak area halfway through our 21 day stay in Bali, due to extremely loud DJ music until 6 am on more than one occasion. We spent a day looking at other villas in the area and we are so happy that we chose the Mutiara. It was very quiet, the staff were all so lovely and helpful, and is situated close to the main street of shops and restaurants but far enough away so that we heard no noise at all. We could walk to the cafes, spas, restaurants and shops. Very peaceful. Our one bedroom villa was perfect for us, spacious and clean. We had to change into another villa for the last 2 nights, but we had been informed of this, and we were put into the 3 bedroom villa. So much room, great pool and garden area.
Thankyou so much to the staff at Mutiara for saving our much anticipated holiday. We will definitely be back!
We stayed in the Villa area but we also had use of the big pool that is alongside the hotel part. In the villas you can have your breakfast delivered to you or you can eat in the dining area, ordering off the menu.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear JenV97

Thank you very much for your review regarding our resort, I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. Our location is one of the most favorite feature as its located very closed to the beach, groceries store, international cafes, designer boutiques and others attractions place in Seminyak area while at the same time we also provide the peaceful serenity as we are not located directly facing the busy street of Seminyak main road. Last but not least, as we always come up with a new promotion rates for our return customers, please booked through our website and check out for any promotions going on especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We could write a lot about this hotel. We stayed 4 nights recently in a very spacious 3 bedroom hotel room. The beds were very good. The aircond a little noisy but very efficient. Sleep quality was very good. Silence in the pool area where our room was facing was constant. Personnel is fantastic: super kind, mostly efficient (Balinese style) and easy going. Too bad we couldn't have the late checkout which makes your life much easier. The changing room should be improved but their presence was what matters. The pool is extremely nice old style; long enough to do your laps but excellent to have fun with your kids. The bathroom shower was incredibly spacious and comfortable but our bathroom door was too noisy and couldn't be kept open. The worst part of our stay was the breakfast (included in the 80€/night price; 2 adults and 1 17yo boy): choice is good but it's not buffet so quantity is limited (jam, coffee, toasts, etc). Transfer from the airport was free for us and highly appreciated as the traffic is crazy and taxi service line on arrival at airport was huge. The position of the hotel is extremely effective: a 4 times/day free shuttle can take you around Seminyak so reaching the beach is very easy. Walking to Seminyak street for afternoon shopping or evening dine/drink is 5 minutes so you're about half way between the sea and the fun. The hotel organizes your car+driver experience for 600k rupias full day and the driver is superb (Dewa his name, +628123621693 or debagus@yahoo.com). He can be like a tour guide showing the places and telling a bit of history).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rik0000
Dear Rik0000

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Villa, I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. Unlike most of the new hotels and resort in Bali, our resort keep the old Balinese style and maintain the spacious room while not reducing the facilities and services as We believe in maintaining the quality control is important for our valued guest and at the same time We also offer a reasonable rate. I'm very glad that Mr. Dewa had giving a pleasant experience during your full day tour as we only recommended our trusted partner for any tour activity, water sport etc. Last but not least, as we always come up with a new promotion rates for our return customers, please booked through our website and check out for any promotions going on especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Busselton, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for 7 days in a private villa, beautifully appointed, huge and kept spotlessly clean.
Huge pool, 8 x 4 metres, just for two of us, kitchen/dining area 7 metres diameter.
We seemed to have clean sheets every day - a real luxury.
Breakfast was prepared in the room and presented very nicely, but the food was slightly disappointing.
Staff were superb, with nothing being too much trouble, and big smiles all the time.
We didn't use the massive main pool.

Room Tip: Go for the one-bedroom villas!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Michael G

Thank you very much for your review regarding our resort, I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. We keep our villa spacious and not reducing the facilities and serviced provided like most of the new hotels that coming up in Bali, as We believe in maintaining the quality control is important for our valued guest and at the same time We also offer a reasonable rate. I will personally inform our F&B team regarding the taste of the food based on your review and thank you for bringing this into my attention. Last but not least, as we always come up with a new promotion rates for our return customers, please booked through our website and check out for any promotions going on especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.