I have just spent three nights at the Mutiara. I booked via wotif and had a superior room overlooking the pool for $65 a night which is a great deal for the area. The deluxe rooms seem like a waste of money they are the same with a balcony that is a fraction bigger. I preferred the upstairs rooms as the downstairs had no privacy in their outside deck.
The rooms were simply designed and you can see where they've saved to allow these rates as some of the furnishings are basic. However, the style in simple and clean and rooms are spacious. The lcd TVs are great, there was lots of cupboard space which i like, no problems with anything in the room or bathroom at all.
The pool was really wonderful and much more than I'd expect from a hotel of this class. Really made the place. I was in there for a few swims a day, I reckon it is maybe 25 or 30 metres and as the hotel is quite small there's lots of space for everyone. It's partly sunny and partly shady which is great. They dont bring pool towels though, you need to ask for them.
Breakfasts were good, I thought the pancakes tasted a bit wierd but the egg white omelettes were gorgeous. Lots of choice of breakfasts teas and juices and I love that each breakfast is made fresh, no buffet. I ordered a Nasi goreng for room service and this was very good too.
I used the spa for a massage and a scrub and both were very, very good. A bit pricier than you'd pay elsewhere but the standard was certainly high, so I didnt mind for the convenience of using the hotel spa.
Wifi was great no issues the whole time.
I tried to use the fitness centre but as it is open air found it much too humid to work out, which was a shame.
Staff were lovely, nothing too much trouble at any time.
The area is great for restaurants as others have said. It's worth knowing that you can't swim at Seminyak beach. I asked the hotel for directions to the beach and walked there, it was around 25 minutes, then had to walk about another 30 minutes along the beach to a place I could swim.
I am now in Ubud and while this hotel is ok I miss the Matiara already :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonder if you’ve ever wanted to find a place where culture, nature, and style are mixed to form the unique touches of the heaven? The Bali Island will definitely occupy those needs. And while you spending your time experiencing the peaceful paradise island of Gods and Goddess, we are here at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa offering you our own unique touch of Balinese hospitality that will ensure you have a pleasant stay during your holiday away from home with the consists of resort and private villas designed with a touch of modern convenience is blend perfectly with the traditional Balinese Architecture.Each villa is equipped with designer kitchen, dining pavilion, beautifully manicured garden, private pool, wireless internet access, air-conditioned bedrooms with stress-reliever stylish bathroom giving an atmosphere where you can truly be yourself. Nestled at the heart of Seminyak district, Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa is only 30 minutes away from the airport, centrally surrounded by high fashion boutiques, art galleries, world class dining venues and night life entertainment. Our welcoming and friendly staffs are looking forward to make sure everything is right during your stay at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa.Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort Villas & Spa is pleasantly welcoming you to experience Balinese hospitality at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort And Villas
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Hotel
- Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas Seminyak