Really what can I say that hasn't already been said? Both Samaya properties were amazing.
I am a critical ex consultant and my partner is a current travel agent at FlightCentre. We both have the luxury to regularly stay in 5 star hotels so read our review with merit. The Samaya Ubud & Seminyak are one of the most service orientated, comfortable and surprising- beyond expextations!! For travellers who can spend a little more, want privacy, appreciate service, this small boutique villas are worth your dollars. The Legian, Oberio are close by but lets face it they are big resorts, more expensive, hotel rooms - when in Bali stay in a resort villa: you will love the difference!
Room Seminyak - Royal Courtyard Villa (across the road from the beachfront side- the renos you wont even notice)
Room ubud- Lead in Room hill side villa. The riverview room had the same features but the added sound of the river.
I can give you a whole review but I want to leave you surprised. I thought the bathroom in the top level suite at the Park Hyatt Melbourne was amazing, then I saw the executive suite at The ShangriLa Fiji and wanted the very design but The Samaya Ubud has to be The Best Bathroom you have had the pleasure to use. There were his and her sinks, an amazing spacious spa, toilets and Yes sunshowers for the both of you. Amazing everything i was blown away.
So I dont rattle on- here are our selling points (keep in mind we are/were travel agents)
*Private Transfers using nice clean 4wd (cold towel and drink on arrival)
*own private villa (lets face it where else can u holiday with a villa?)
*big private pool (and small gazebo to comfortably sleep/eat/laze around in
*buggy transfers anytime to pick u up in front of your villa to the other side of the resort (beachfront area) restaurant/spa
*free and 24hr transport to drop off points in seminyak, Legian (short walk into Kuta)- they drove us to the pharmacy at 11pm one night
*daily beverage topup in your mini bar (our first bottle of wine was free)
* twice daily room service (with night time service leaving a special treat at turndown)! We had muffins,choc,ginger bread men
*scones,small sambos, little pastries, tea coffee(hot/cold) afternoon tea served anywhere u wanted
* breakfast anytime of the day-yes u heard anytime! Out by the pool under the gazebo - by the beachfront restaurant!! - we always went here for the view as we were right by the beach (the legian and samaya share the same view of the ocean as they are next to each other) and even though brekkie was a la carte my partner and I ate like Kings!!! We ordered, ate and came back the next day and the F&B staff were more than eager to please us. They did not make a face when we wanted more!
*security officers outiside the villas communicate effectively with each other to stop traffic to transfer you from across the road!
* on arrival to our ubud villa our butler was waiting inside ready to greet us, sit us down to go through everything with a glass of bubbly.
*Seminyak Square 200m walk from hotel reception -minimal westernised shopping outlets however there are food choices if you want something else.
* the place is currently at half capacity at the moment as they are renovating the beachfront villas (ready in a years time) so there are no kids running around, more attention was provided to all the guests - we even met Ray Clark (Gm of the hotel) by the pool
*the spa treatments were excellent against the ocean backdrop noise of the crashing waves total bliss!
There is so many more special traits and honestly the only reason I would head back to (unfortunately now very westernised) Bali is to stay at The Samaya beachfront villas- i heard they were including a separate living space ;)
Most certainly recommend**** thanks to the staff at both properties and Management for letting us experience The Samaya! We would love to be invited as guests on completion of your beachfront rooms.
K & C- Sydney Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak