“AHHH-MAZING!!”

The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Ranked #6 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was perfect. All the staff were fantastic. My partner and I even made friends with one of the waitresses whilst we were drinking cocktails at the bar after a big day of shopping at Poppys Lane in Kuta - her name was Yenny. The following day she offered to show us around the Seminyak area - she was so lovely and we still keep in touch. If you are not pleased with the rooms, which I highly doubt as they are absolutely amazing, especially the royal courtyard villas which we stayed in. They were divine! They had almost a full length private pool.

Breakfast was amazing. Service was amazing. Rooms were amazing.

If you have the cash, I strongly recommend the Samaya, Seminyak.

Room Tip: The royal courtyard villas are well away from the main lobby and family area, making them less noisy...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Larissa P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Cannot fault anything! Villa's amazing - luxurious and more than specious, comfortable, private, well equipped. The nicest staff - couldn't do enough! Food - delicious! Location - gorgeous. Can't find a bad thing to say. Loved every minute.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tamara002
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed for 10 nights a little while ago and had a fabulous time.

Our villa was beautiful, superbly appointed and the staff were cheerful, pleasant and extremely helpful at all times. The breakfasts and afternoon teas are scrummy and the general mananger, Ray Clark, also took the time to write at some length to us for our feedback - which was a nice touch.

The new villas are currently under construction but if you're reading this before you fly over don't have any concerns that the work is in any way intrusive or disruptive - because it isn't.

We're certainly aiming to return next year and would unreservedly recommend the hotel to anybody planning a holiday in Bali. Seminyak itself is a great place to be based and there's plenty to do. If you're into your treatments and massages the hotel has a great spa - and in the town itself - Jari Menari is a must.

2  Thank SW24BJ
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a week mid June and the Samaya truly met and surpassed all our expectations. I had read a lot about the hotel before going but hadn't shared much information with the husband because I didn't want to build it up too much. I can truly say that I needn't have worried about being let down.

I'm not going to reiterate stuff which has already been said multiple times but I will say this that service can make or break even the best of 5 star properties and thats where the samaya truly stands out.

Always served with a smile and nothing was ever too much trouble. The only area where I feel they could have done with some improvement is in their English communication. I think some of the time things were getting lost in translation but I guess thats to be expected given that English isn't their first language.

I'm just going to list a few of the things we particularly enjoyed because aside from the one small comment above, there was nothing we found fault with:

1. Coming back to our room at the samaya was like coming home. Loved the outdoor seating and courtyard. It wasn't really hot so we didn't end up using the pool much but I could see how it would be a welcome relief on a hot day.

2. The selection for breakfast and the freedom to have it anywhere and at anytime of the day

3. Help with restaurant reservations and drop offs and pick ups when required

4. The deck at the main hotel, overlooking the ocean. Truly serene

5. Afternoon tea with scones. Yummm

6. The massage jacuzzi and HUGE bathroom

7. The view from the Spa treatment rooms

I would strongly recommend the samaya and will definitely stay here again whenever we make our way back to Bali. Maybe we will even try out the Ubud hotel next time.

Thank you to all the staff for a very memorable vacation.

3  Thank thevacationists
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place. They picked us up in Ubud with cool towels, fruit and water and drove us 50 minutes to the hotel. Once there we were greeted and brought to Villa 300. There were flower petals leading into the Villa then in a beautiful design in the tub.

We got a fantastic welcome drink and a brief overview of the hotel, the room was spotless and cold. The large king sized bed and living space was very spacious- it overlooked onto our infinity pool & waterfall. To the left was a table, chairs and comfortable seating area. Perfect little back yard.

The bathroom was outfitted with a jacuzzi tub, double sinks, double shower heads and a separate toilet area. Everything looked very new, the closet area was a good size as was the area for the safe/fridge.

SInce the renovations are currently being done to the beach villas- only the Royal Courtyard is open. Once you walk out of the resort you walk 1/2 a block passed residences, cross the street and go through a tunnel to the beach/restaurant/spa. There was always a buggy available to drive you over but it was nice to walk. You felt as if you had your own little house in Seminyak.

The staff is made up of the nicest people. Everyone wanted to help us, if it was to drive 3 minutes to the beach in the buggy to bringing us afternoon tea in our Villa. It really made us feel at home- I ran into Mr. Ray several times and he was super cheerful and helpful as well. The restaurant and spa service were superb- but what really stood out were the butlers and the front desk. Anything you needed they would bring to you in 5 minutes. For example, at the end of our stay we needed to wrap a wooden panel we bought, they arrived in 2 minutes, completely rewrapped it and brought it back in 10 minutes. We weren't in a rush either- they knew we were hanging around for another 4 hours. Speaking of helping out. Our flight was at 8pm and check-out is at 12 so we couldn't do late check-out. Since the resort was full they arranged a shower room at the spa for a half hour before they brought us to the airport.

The food at The Breeze was very good, I felt like they had a good range of food- the prices are a bit higher then right outside the resort but not extreme. Breakfast also had a good array of options. I loved the lemon grass tea. I throughly enjoyed afternoon tea, they served it to us in our Villa one day then we had it near the beach another day. What a nice addition to the resort. :)

The Spa was also fabulous, I got an Indian Head massage. Even for a resort the rate was VERY reasonable. The atmosphere was very relaxing, windows open with the ocean waves but still a good temperature. The woman who did my treatment was very interested in how I was doing and listened to what I wanted her to do. I wish I could get one every day.

We certainly were sad to leave the resort, if we go back to Bali we will certainly be coming back here again!

4  Thank Real_Travel_Gatos
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at The Samaya for 10 nights at the end of our honeymoon, after visiting Lombok and Java. Right from the start when the friendly driver collected us from the airport in an air conditioned car with cold bottled water and cold towels we knew we were in for a treat.
Our villa in the Royal Courtyard Villas was extraordinary, with massive floor space, every luxury you could want, high quality complimentary toiletries and the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. As it was our honeymoon they welcomed us with special touched such as a cake, flowers, frangipani filled bath and made us feel very special.
The villas are extremely private, large and secluded and the facilities and service are second to none. All of the staff address you by name from day one and the Butlers offer a friendly personal service. They cannot do enough to help including making reservations at restaurants, making suggestions for excursions, free local car service and constant immaculate presentation of our villa.
The afternoon tea and cocktails are fantastic and we came to incorporate into our daily routine. The pool area and beach are really gorgeous and we enjoyed the luxury of chiiled ice water, cold towels and fresh towels after a swim. You can while away hours listening to, and watching, the waves from the sun loungers or Breeze restaurant. Such a beautiful view and the surf creates mesmersing sounds and patterns.
The food is top notch and in particular we enjoyed the varied and delicious breakfasts and the candle light dinner we had on the island by Breeze restaurant.
Ray (GM) and Johannes (Sales & Marketing) made you feel very special and made it clear that the guests came first and nothing was too much trouble. Even down to spoiling us with some cocktails and a bottle of wine to accompany our dinner one night.
Overall I cannot praise The Samaya highly enough and would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious and special hotel.

Room Tip: villa 315 at the back is very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gbroadhurst
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The Samaya is totally gorgeous. Stayed at the royal courtyard (located across the street). The villa is spacious, modern, and luxurious. The bed is huge and very comfortable. The bathroom is very clean and equipped with great shower and bath tub. The pool is huge (compared to other villas in bali) with water feature at the end of it. The service is great. They provide fresh fruit in your room and did excellent turn-down service every night. Tried the breeze restaurant and the food was awesome. The location is perfect. Right in the heart of seminyak with lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Staying at the Samaya is not cheap but worth the $$$.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple