We stayed for 4 days at the Samaya Ubud (see separate review) and then went to spend 4 more days at the Samaya Seminyak. The Samayah Seminyak experience was fantastic and slightly better that the Ubud experience (only due to the slightly better quality of the villas)
Samaya has guest relations down pat. You are made to feel like honoured guests from the moment you arrive and until you depart.
We stayed at the Royal Courtyard Villas which are huge and very luxurious. Skinny dipping in the pool is a must and you have absolute privacy. The Courtyard Villas are across the road from the Beachside villas which are being rebuilt. Whenever we wanted to go to the breeze restaurant (which is located on the beach edge with spectacular views) we just rang for an electric buggy to pick us up and take us there. The buggy experience was fun and always prompt.
The spa is something else. We both had a Hot Stone Therapy Spa. I have had many massages (dragged into them by the wife) but this is by far the best one I have ever enjoyed.
The staff at Samaya (both Ubud and Seminyak) are amazing. They just can't do enough for you. The 24/7 butler service is simply wonderful.
One lovely touch for us is that our flight back to Adelaide left at 1:10am (in the morning!) and they happily allowed us to remain in the villa until we wanted to go to the airport. This was subject to availability of course but they bent over backwards to find a way to accomodate us. Such is the attitude at the Samaya.
We are already saving to come back for a longer stay. We had a rare chance to visit one of the first beachside villas to be completed. It looked amazing with a sunken lounge, separate bedroom and a bathroom that is bigger than any other room with an outside shower added on as well. The pool looked good as did the outside day bed. We will definitely be choosing one of these when we return. The latest report (May 2012) from the staff was that 15 villas should be completed by July - but progress has been slower than anticipated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak