We stayed at both Samaya hotels (Ubud 4 nights, Seminyak 10 nights) for our honeymoon. Both hotels were fantastic.
We hadn't been to Bali before so were a little unsure about booking our accommodation and weren't sure what we should expect for our money but I can honestly say we weren't let down by these terrific properties. We have travelled to other parts of asia previously (including resort locations Phuket and Koh Samui) and the value that we got at these properties far outweighed what we had previously experienced.
We were picked up by a hotel driver upon arriving at the airport and taken to our room in Ubud. Check in was a breeze and we were shown to our villa very quickly. Our villa was right down the bottom of the hill next to the river which was brilliant. The river provided beautiful backdrop in a totally secluded location. Originally we weren't sure about staying in Ubud but can highly recommend it, even if it is just to relax in your Villa.
In Seminyak our Villa was across the road from the main resort area (which is currently being renovated) and was away from the busy streets and very quiet. We still had access to the beach via a golf buggy that the staff would drop us off in so the renovations weren't any inconvenience at all.
The highlight of both properties was undoubtedly the service from the very friendly staff. Right from arrival the staff would do anything they could to make our holiday more special. Whether it be booking a day trip, booking a dinner, organising transport, recommending places to eat, cleaning the room, driving you around the resort or else anything in between, nothing was too much trouble.
We ended up spending an extra night in Seminyak at the end of our trip after Jetstar cancelled our flight at the last minute and tried to put us up in a dive in the middle of nowhere for the night. After deciding it wasn't for us, after a quick phone call and taxi ride we were back in our villa welcomed by the same friendly smiles and willingness to help.
- friendly staff with wonderful attitude
- location of both properties
- big villas with private facilities (wouldn't need to leave the villa if you didn't want to)
- amazing food at the resort restaurants
- brilliant spa facilities
Given it was our honeymoon we spent a bit more on accommodation than we ordinarily would, however having now stayed at both properties we won't have any hesitation staying there again next time we are in Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak