The Samaya Bali Seminyak
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
  • Breakfast included
The Dusun(Seminyak)
1,856 results
All reviewsbreeze restaurantroyal courtyard villaray clarkour honeymoonthe general managerdouble showerprivate poolthe complimentary afternoon teaoverlooking the beachbutler servicemain resortmain pooloutdoor showerbuggy ridehuge bathroompersonal butlerbeachfront location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had an absolutely amazing time at The Samaya. All of the villa types are beautifully maintained with the biggest bathroom I have ever seen! Breakfast is great (try the Indonesian one!) and the service surpasses expectation across all the staff. Try the spa also, it looks out onto the sea and so makes for a very relaxing experience. Looking forward to our next trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Mum and I came here for dinner on the lounges that they had out on the lawn across from the beach. We had been shopping throughout seminyak and it was getting close to dinner time so I decided we would eat at the samaya because of its good reputation. Mum and I actually stayed at the maya ubud resort and spa which was more expensive than the samaya but totally worth it.
The samaya was really beautiful and the staff were so friendly and said we could walk on their private beach as well which was literally 5 meters from the lounges. Meals are expensive for the small portions they give you but overall a very good afternoon.

P.s. Beware of the taxis, we got a ride home to Ubud which took the taxi driver 2 and bit hours which should have only taken 1 hour. He also tried to rip us off asking for $60 Australian dollars. We got him down to $40 but he wouldn't budge any further. He also wound down his window and swore at everyone which was really scary. When he drove us into our resort at 9pm he saw how posh it was and how many security guards we had. He kept asking us to tip him which we didn't cause he was horrible. I thought I was going to die the entire time. >_<

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am a travel agent and recently spent a week in Bali checking out the product. I spent my first night at the Samaya and what a lovely welcome to Bali it was!!

The Villas are a great size, very big pool in comparison to some of the other hotel options in Seminyak and they have the most ginormous bathrooms! Good amenities in the room and are very clean.

The best thing about this resort though is the excellent service and amazing staff who seriously go above and beyond all expectations (and I have stayed in a lot of hotels!!). Would be perfect for couples or honeymooners looking for private villas on the edge of the town.

Food at the beachside restaurant was fantastic - I've never actually seen an in house restaurant so full, so make sure you book in advance!

Thanks Ray and team for a lovely stay, I will be back :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank MissEdwards198
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a great 5 day stay in the private villa with very clean pool it was very nice and private and personal butler service was excellent we never wanted for anything and all of our requests were met without hesitation and they were very good at their jobs and really nice people to chat with.

Our villa was across the road from the main samaya location and the shuttle pickup service was great so do not let this put you off staying in these villas if you are worried about that it wasn’t an issue at all.

The car service was also excellent great air conditioned luxurious cars picking us up and dropping us off wherever we wanted to go night and day they were great!

On another note I got a slight bit of the dreaded Bali belly from eating street stall food and the samaya organised a doctor to come to my room within 1 hr of calling them to sort me out it was great and then on top of that the samaya kitchen prepared me off the menu food so as to not aggravate my stomach. I was quite amazed how helpful and caring they were so it’s an A+++ for me I shall defiantly be back. Great spot!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank THEGALAXYDEFENDER
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at stayed in the Royal room, courtyard area. We had an amazing time!!! Food was excellent, all day breakfast was very convient and the staff were so polite and very helpful. The location is amazing - we walked to potato head and ku de ta for dinner and also walked to central semiyak to the shops/markets.

Daily free mini bar, daily free laundry service, free private care (if available) and free yoga were just the icing of a fabulous cake!!

Thanks for an amazing stay. Hopefully will be back soon!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family