We stayed here for four nights and had an absolutely wonderful stay. The location is great - it's right on one of the main drags and directly on the beach, but still feels secluded and quiet. You can walk pretty much anywhere in town, and the hotel provides a free shuttle/taxi service with incredibly friendly, informative drivers. I had to use one of these shuttles to go to the pharmacy one day when my husband wasn't feeling well, and the driver waited patiently outside for a good 15 minutes while I went inside and picked the right medications. Throughout that day and the next, everyone we encountered at the property asked how he was feeling, and offered advice on local/holistic treatments he should try.
The breakfast is generous and pretty good. Service was sometimes a tiny bit slow and I noticed some other guests getting annoyed, but given the pace of the island, we weren't bothered much.
The property is incredibly beautiful and well-maintained. We booked one of the villas near the beach. The grounds are beautiful - our room was at the end of a grove of fragrant frangipani trees. As other reviewers have noted, the rooms and bathrooms are huge, perfectly air-conditioned, and unbelievably clean. On of our days, we happened to be on our way out as the cleaning crew arrived, and there were six or seven men working incredibly hard to make the place as immaculate as possible. (Something to keep in mind if leaving tips for the cleaning service, which we did.)
Our personal pool was cleaned twice a day. One day, I saw the pool man clean the pool to perfection. Five minutes later, there were little white things in the water -- just looked like some dust or maybe pollen of some kind, nothing too bad. I just note it because I've read some of the other reviewers saying their pool was dirty, and I wonder if this was what they were talking about. I hope it doesn't dissuade anyone from staying here.
Service by the main pool/on the beach was stellar. As soon as you appeared, someone would come out of nowhere with towels and set up your beach chair and umbrella.
The main pool was a touch warm, which may bother some people, but it didn't bother us since own private pool was always the perfect temperature and everything else was so perfect.
It's rare to stay at a hotel that has NO issues at all. The issues we encountered at the Samaya were INCREDIBLY minor -- slow wi-fi one day and a power short another day -- and they were fixed, literally, within minutes. No one tried to offer excuses and no one got defensive; they just apologized and fixed it. Perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak