Firstly I want to say that I am writing this review about 6 weeks after returning from our family holiday in Bali and we stayed in 4 different hotels/locations so I am making comparison points. I was very excited to arrive at The Samaya after reading so many fabulous reviews and at times the experience lived up to my expectations and yet mostly I felt let down by the room choice. Let's not be overly picky but check in was mediocre, difficult to ascertain which building was for check in and nobody came to assist with luggage until I wandered in asking for reception. I was travelling as a family of 5 and booked 2 Royal Courtyard Rooms and was told upon check in that we had been upgraded to the 2 bedroom Royal Courtyard Villa. From what I can see these rooms must be the oldest room category in the complex and despite being spacious the decor was rather functional and definitely in need of refurbishment. I'm not sure how this is an upgrade as it seemed that we were just given 2 Royal Courtyard Villas in the same walled area and only one pool instead of 2, however it suited us to be closer to the children. It's not that we minded being in the complex across the road from the main hotel but the rooms themselves, including the bathroom just lacked style and attention to detail. I know I'm being picky here but why are the bathroom amenities differently branded, Ferragamo shampoo and Crabtree and Evelyn Conditioner. It's that level of detail which I find unimpressive.
Everything else was exemplary, staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming to our children aged 9, 14 and 16. Breakfasts were our favourite of all the 4 hotels and the idea to make breakfast available at anytime is a great. We also enjoyed our dinner at Breeze however in truth we preferred the fabulous restaurant across the road called URCHIN. We enjoyed the spa and the kids also had massages which were well priced for this category of hotel. Buggy services were always reliable and again very friendly. The stand out point is the location, lovely beachfront and pool area and the hotel just feels spacious and boutique as I prefer this type of accomodation to large chain hotels.
There were so many impressive points however I still come back to the point that our room was four star at best and a disappointment. On that note I am not sure we will return, but if we do then I will be certain to ask for something different. Perhaps we were just unlucky since most of the reviews reflect a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak