“Absolutely Fabulous”

Ranked #6 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Absolutely Fabulous”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for the third time. April 2014. Accomodation was a Pool Villa. We were again delighted to stay at The Samaya, in short: Operational Excellence, Highest Quality Standards, Superb service, Great location and very well kept grounds, Staff is very professional, cordially, friendly and will "go the extra mile". The same applies to the restauarant Breezes. Absolutely number 1 in Seminyak. We will be back !

Room Tip: Pool Villa's are located extremely well.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nico1504

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I spent 10 nights here from mid-end June for our honeymoon and we could not have picked a more perfect destination and resort. Firstly before our stay I contacted the hotel regarding a severe allergy that I have to sesame. I received a prompt response from the manager Ray who assured me that he would notify the relevant staff ready for our stay. When we arrived not only were all of the staff aware of my condition a translation card had also been prepared for me to carry with me outside of the resort - this was a great help and put us both at ease knowing we could eat anywhere without the worry of people not understanding (although in actual fact The Breeze restaurants food was outstanding and we did not venture outside for food at all).

The grounds are stunning, the villas impeccably clean and provide all of the necessities (and more) but it is the staff that make the Samaya experience so truly unique. Each of the staff greet you by name whether they are serving you in the restaurant or just passing you by, no request is too big and you are made to feel right at home (if home was heaven).

I must give a special mention to the wonderful Anna and Hardi who work at Breeze as they were by far the most attentive wait staff we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. And also a huge thank you to Ray for ensuring our stay was all we could dream of and more. Thank you all!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sweetie23London
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Firstly I want to say that I am writing this review about 6 weeks after returning from our family holiday in Bali and we stayed in 4 different hotels/locations so I am making comparison points. I was very excited to arrive at The Samaya after reading so many fabulous reviews and at times the experience lived up to my expectations and yet mostly I felt let down by the room choice. Let's not be overly picky but check in was mediocre, difficult to ascertain which building was for check in and nobody came to assist with luggage until I wandered in asking for reception. I was travelling as a family of 5 and booked 2 Royal Courtyard Rooms and was told upon check in that we had been upgraded to the 2 bedroom Royal Courtyard Villa. From what I can see these rooms must be the oldest room category in the complex and despite being spacious the decor was rather functional and definitely in need of refurbishment. I'm not sure how this is an upgrade as it seemed that we were just given 2 Royal Courtyard Villas in the same walled area and only one pool instead of 2, however it suited us to be closer to the children. It's not that we minded being in the complex across the road from the main hotel but the rooms themselves, including the bathroom just lacked style and attention to detail. I know I'm being picky here but why are the bathroom amenities differently branded, Ferragamo shampoo and Crabtree and Evelyn Conditioner. It's that level of detail which I find unimpressive.

Everything else was exemplary, staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming to our children aged 9, 14 and 16. Breakfasts were our favourite of all the 4 hotels and the idea to make breakfast available at anytime is a great. We also enjoyed our dinner at Breeze however in truth we preferred the fabulous restaurant across the road called URCHIN. We enjoyed the spa and the kids also had massages which were well priced for this category of hotel. Buggy services were always reliable and again very friendly. The stand out point is the location, lovely beachfront and pool area and the hotel just feels spacious and boutique as I prefer this type of accomodation to large chain hotels.

There were so many impressive points however I still come back to the point that our room was four star at best and a disappointment. On that note I am not sure we will return, but if we do then I will be certain to ask for something different. Perhaps we were just unlucky since most of the reviews reflect a better experience.

Room Tip: If you are looking for some WOW factor then make sure you ask for a renovated room. The Royal Courty...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank SYDmelp
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Samaya Bali was a wonderful experience from start to finish.

The villas are exceptional, peaceful, relaxing & beautifully appointed throughout... I was seriously tempted not to venture out at all.
I am glad i did otherwise then i wouldn't have experienced the lovely atmosphere of the beach front resort right in the midst of the fun filled Seminyak Beach.
The staff are friendly and accommodating & service 5 star.
Had an amazing trip... cannot wait to return !

Room Tip: Choose a villa that opens out to the pool & beach area for convenient access to all amenities...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Niki D
Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Having stayed at the sister hotel in Ubud, our expectations here were equally high and we were not disappointed. From the moment of being personally greeted by Ray the Hotel Manager and his vast team to the sad point of leaving, the quality of care and attention throughout our stay was exemplary. The villas are of an extraordinary high quality , designed and planned with an eye for detail. The location cannot be better with views over a vast ocean and beautifully clean private beach. The dining experience from breakfast, lunch and dinner was excellent.
We have travelled far and wide in some wonderful hotels - we can truly say that both the Samaya in Ubud and Seminyak are most definitely amongst the best. In all honesty, what will stay with us is the frienldyness and care of all the Balinese staff - extraordinary in every way. Thank you

Room Tip: all rooms are equally private and of a very high standard
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this hotel for our last night as a present for my partner, it was amazing, we arrived early from our last part of the journey and the staff made every effort to get us into our villa early even though we were not expecting this. The villas are amazing we could hear the ocean from our outside spa in the villa which was amazing, lovely huge villa, spa bath inside too with ouside shower and inside shower, huge four poster bed and just amazing service. We chose the resort as we had gone to the Breeze Restaurant on our first night and had been very impressed the settings here are amazing so romantic the experience was great and ash we could have stayed longer. It is pricey but honestly worth every penny. The massages were great too, you get a lovely foot rub first and the spa is very fresh and clean.

Room Tip: we were in room 109 right next to the pool and beach you can hear th water but no restaurant noise w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Courtyard Villas for 3 nights and had the best time. The villa was luxurious and comfortable. Although it is in the heart of the action in Seminyak, the villa was quiet. The accommodation was super comfortable. The food and service at the hotel was brilliant - the small touches (2 pieces of laundry per person per night complimentary, high tea included) and personalised service made all the difference.
The spa was one of the best I have experienced and I have been to several.
The hotel's management even made a special effort to greet us and find out how our stay was. They followed up immediately after our trip with an email to thank us for our comments.
We also hired a driver through the hotel for some sightseeing and had a really good trip.

I highly recommend the Samaya for anyone staying in Seminyak - a little piece of heaven!

Room Tip: The courtyard villas are across a tiny street from the main hotel area (which is on the beach) so if...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple