My wife and i stayed at Samaya for 3 nights in early August. This is the fourth time back for us, and once at their sister property in Ubud, and the first since the villa rebuilds at the beach resort. We normally stay for a couple of weeks, but were short on time this trip.
Service and attention are excellent as always, led by Ray Clarke, the resort manager, who sets the bar high and leads by example. His team at the resort are incredibly professional and kind. They always seem to know who each guest is and most address you by name.
In our short time we utilized the Breezes restaurant for breakfast and dinner, and the spa for decadent attention. The food and staff at the restaurant are first class and they know how to make a good cocktail. Wine list is excellent with a good range to select from. The spa, as always, was great. The spa itself is incredibly relaxing space and the ladies do a fantastic job, making each visit a special occasion. Location of both these places, on the beachfront, makes the experience that much more memorable each time.
The new villas are significantly larger than the old versions, with everything you could want. We stayed in villa 111 which was a great location not far from the beach front. The quality and finish of the new builds is exemplary, and the private pools are much larger than previously.
The only slightly negative observations I'd have are 1. that the villas actually feel a bit too large and in my opinion have lost some of their previous intimacy (incredibly generous bedrooms and bathrooms) and the private pool is probably bigger than it needs to be, and 2. it was very noticeable to us that the resort now embraces families, including younger children. We've had children and grand children ourselves so it's not that we don't enjoy children, its just great to get away from younger folk from time to time, and one of the things that we used to like so much about this resort was always the lack of children, which made it more special for getting away from it all, and much more relaxing.
Despite these small niggles, Samaya continues to set a very high standard in a very competitive market in Seminyak and surrounds, and we look forward to getting back there again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Holiday Gems, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak