We arrived at the Samaya on our honeymoon with high hopes after reading all these reviews... and we have to say we were not disappointed. Not one bit. The hotel was fully booked when we arrived, and they upgraded us from a 2 person Royal Courtyard Villa (RCV) to a 4 person one on arrival. What astounded me though was that they made no fuss whatsoever about this - I had to mention to them that our villa seemed much bigger than what we were expecting when the staff admitted that they had upgraded us, as if it was a commonplace thing to do. The rest of our stay followed in much the same vein - complimentary afternoon tea (with English scones and French pastries) daily, the room cleaned twice daily, free bus rides up to Legian. While it's true that the RCVs are slightly further away than the beach villas, one trades location for size and comfort. And the buggy rides are really not that big a deal. In fact, most times we just walked - it took us 2 minutes to get to the beach. The villas are decked out in all the mod cons - a Bose sound system, 2 Samsung flat screens, free wi-fi and you can even borrow an iPod if you've forgotten your's. The private pool is an absolute show-stealer - amazing after a hard day's shopping in the sun. The beach was pretty quiet when we were there, though the surf can be killer. Breeze restaurant is pricey, but the food was probably the best that we tried in Bali. That and at Sate Bali which is just opposite the Samaya and serves the best mie goreng and rijstaffel in Bali at very reasonable prices. No review of the Samaya would be complete without mentioning the hospitality and level of service of its staff. There are really no bounds as to what these people are willing to do for you. All under the friendly eye of Ray Clark - the friendliest Liverpudlian out there bar Paul McCartney (maybe). At the end, the missus refused o move to Ubud where I had booked the last few nights of our honeymoon - a testament to the great praise the Samaya so richly deserves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Destinology, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak