“Exceeded all expectations!”

Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth
“Exceeded all expectations!”
Reviewed 24 October 2009

Got back 2 days ago from an AMAZING, romantic 5 night stay at Samaya. I wanted to write this as soon as I got back as I totally relied on the other reviews of tripadvisor members.
What can I tell you that hasnt already been said - I know that I can honestly 100% back up all the positive comments in past reviews and took the advice of one member "dont think twice, just book". And if you are umming about the cost, rest assured that you will be receiving such good value for this. Free breakfast, minibar, laundry, shuttle where avail, and afternoon tea (you wont need lunch), twice daily room service. As it was our anniversary we got one night where they went all out with flowers, chocolate cake - so romantic! (all complimentary)
When I travel, I have never ever said that a place "blew me away" - as the place must be 110% clean (that's why I prefer new hotels) until Samaya. You wont find a hint of rust, dirt, hair, leaf outside etc.ha ha. I laughed at the "crack team" of cleaners. My husband only discovered 6 of them when he had to go back to villa when forgot something.
And service..well..never have I ever experienced a place that "anticipates" my needs before Ive thought of them. The food was outstanding and I want to really especially thank the bar / food staff as when I emailed I was gluten intolerant, they made sure my afternoon tea was spot on (and delicious), even TWICE coming back to me advising that something I ordered may have a little flour in it, and giving me something even better instead.
I could go on, but I wanted to give this recommendation to 1) thank all the staff at Samaya (even security was awesome) and 2) share this place with others.
Because of this experience, we are booking our next trip with our 2 kids for next year and recommended to all the family / friends.

Oh, give the spa a try (at sunset) - (what a location in the beach view room!) and although we did the spa at Bodyworks around the corner, it never compared!

• Liked — privacy of own villa with pool
  • Disliked — nothing
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Teddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I've just returned from a fantastic trip to Bali with my husband. We were taken with the reviews on tripadvisor so decided to stay at Samaya for a few nights at the end of the holiday. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my expectations were exceeded.
The hotel is at the top end of Seminyak but close to a few great restaurants so no need to worry about being too far out. The rooms were excellent (jacuzzi bath, huge bed, loan of an ipod, huge private swimming pool) and clean. The service was really lovely - not over-intrusive but helpful. Although the rooms were a bit expensive we found that we actually spent much less money there than a week in Ubud as we wanted for nothing more than what the hotel provided.
If you want to relax and feel pampered, I would recommend this hotel totally! Can't wait to go back!
The

Brisbane
Reviewed 21 October 2009

How do you express a experience that is beyond your wildest dreams ,we have travelled and stayed in some very upmarket hotels ,and my husband and I undeniably decided that this was the most beautiful place ever,but it is not just the surroundings it is the people and their philosophy that destresses you.Please do yourself a favour and experience the Samaya for yourself.

South Yorkshire
Reviewed 20 October 2009

My new wife I and spent 7 nights at the Samaya resort in Seminyak this year as part of our honeymoon. We can truly say in our opinion this is the finest hotel we have ever stayed at. From the first meeting with the staff to the final goodbyes we felt that our every need was being taken care of. This meant that we could concentrate on relaxing and enjoying our honeymoon together.
We were met by Ray the general manager on the first night who made us feel very welcome. He assured us that whilst we were guests of the hotel, his team were there to make sure we had all we needed throughout our stay. This was highlighted when Ray and his staff contacted our hotel in Hong Kong where we had left our camera in the room to arrange for it to be sent back to the UK.
The villa we stayed in was very spacious and in a great quiet location, quite simply it was out of this world. The villa’s pool was amazing, and it provided a nice opportunity for us to stay in some days and relax. There seems to be a crack team of cleaners that you never see who are always making sure the resort is kept immaculate. Our Villa was always cleaned whilst we were at breakfast in the morning without fail. The staff did a fantastic job working away behind the scenes and making sure the villa was always looking its best. They were extremely polite and so friendly, a credit to the resort.
The food in the hotel was excellent, we ate both in the restaurant and on the grass terraces for lunch and dinner. We really enjoyed the variety of the menu, especially the Nasi Goreng with a glass of wine watching the sun set overlooking the beach! There was something for everyone on the extensive menu.
We also took advantage of the resorts Spa facilities, which again were excellent. We experienced a 2.5hr couples spa treatment which was utter bliss and in such beautiful surroundings.
So if you are looking to stay at a friendly hotel with 5 star luxuries where all of your stresses are taken away this should be the first choice on your list. The only problem is that now we’ve been here any other resort will struggle to live up to this standard, a truly amazing place.
We know that Ray reads all of the reviews so we would like to thank him and his staff personally for all of their efforts in making sure our honeymoon was so special, we will be back soon ….
Thanks
Noel & Jo

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We had never been to Bali before but, after much research and consideration, we chose it as our honeymoon destination.
We booked a 7 day tour of the island with Tour East (excellent choice!) and decided to finish off our honeymoon with a 5 day stay at the Samaya.
We were welcomed with a foot bath which seems to be quite common in the other 4 hotels we stayed around the island, and we were welcomed to our villa number 205.
What an amasing place! The villa was built in a Balinese traditional style.
We had our own outdoor pool. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was amasing: flower bath, huge shower, etc.
We had hair dryer, iron and all the other essensials at our disposal.
We had a spa treatment that came with a goodie: another spa treatment! Hmmmm.
We ate every night apart from one at the Breeze restaurant which was superb.
The cocktails were also very yummy: we would highly recommend the bone crasher and semynak beauty.
During the day we went to Kuta, very busy, if not overwhelming place.
A couple of days we decided to stay by pool, we got plenty of water and complimentary afternoon tea which you cannot miss!
One night we went to the restaurant next door as you walk out on the beach by the Breeze. We thought the food there would be good and it was slightly cheaper but the food there wasn't half as nice.
So stay at the Breeze if you can afford it and enjoy the atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2009

My family and I have just returned from a four night stay at The Samaya. We stayed in a Royal Courtyard Villa and paid a minimal fee for an extra bed for my two children aged 9yrs and 7yrs.

We have visited Bali on several occassions and have stayed in most of the upmarket villa styles of accomodation available in Bali. I am a keen user of Tripadivisor and put a lot of time and effort into ensuring I make the right choice for our holidays. We therefore had extremely high expectations for The Samaya as we do appreciate the finer things in life. Having said all of that, I can truly say The Samaya excelled in all areas. It certainly is an outstaniding resort and deserves its number one ranking.

My husband and I have tried to figure out what made it so special and why we'd rank it above other similarly priced resorts that we've stayed at. We think The Samaya's so special because it successfully pulls together the whole package of - absolute quality in all that they do. Every aspect of the resort performs to the optimal level and when these elements are put together in such an outstanding location, it resuts in a very personalised, luxurious and unique holiday experience.

What makes The Samaya stand out from the rest is the level of service, the way you are greeted by staff, the pool concierge who place your towel on the lounger and brings you cold water and face wipes, the daily fruit salads by the pool, the afternoon teas at Breeze's restaurant, the restaurant staff and butlers who remember all the little things you like such as strawberry jam and a jug of fresh milk each day for our tea.

The food at Breeze's restaurant is amazing. The breakfast menu includes everything you could possibly think of. It's fresh, cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. We had dinner at Breeze's every night as we just loved the location, food, atmoshphere, etc. The prices are similar to everyday Australian restaurants but the quality of food and service is second to none.

The Samaya's location is unbeatable as it's right on the beach and is within walking distance to all the popular restaurants and shops.

We can't wait to return to The Samaya and I'd certainly recommend it to travellers who want nothing but the best!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank BaliTraveller99
BOLTON, ENGLAND
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We looked at may venues for our wedding but the reviews on the Samaya were outstanding so we decided to book it and see it for ourselves.

Organising the wedding was easy, we were in constant contact with the hotel and all staff were excellent, ecspecially Ayu.

When we arrived we were totally taken aback by the excellent villa, it was spotless and had all mod cons. The weather was fantastic and the perfect place to relax for 6 days before our big day.

Ray the manager was always on hand, the staff always helpful and with a smile and the food was out of this world.

Our wedding day was what dreams were made of, everything was taken care of and the day was a dream

We stayed at the Samaya for 3 weeks and if you are reading this and are still unsure please understand this place was totally out of this world.

Thank you Samaya, for the perfect start to out lives together x x x

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple