“Believe the hype” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Auckland
“Believe the hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

We chose the Samaya - based on Trip Advisor. Sister had her honeymoon and stayed at The Villas.
We chose the Samaya - due to Private pool, main pool and beach and had a villa on the beach side of the resort.
Stinking hot in Bali at the time so was great to have your own pool. We walked the beach in the am ... followed by fanastic breakfasts then lazing by the pool, shopping or trips out of the area.
I would recommend getting a driver for anything as it is inexpensive personal and a great shelter from the heat. The hotel will also take you anywhere in Seminyak - Legian.
Great spots for eating/drinking - ku de Ta- went 2x but did spend alot!. Sarong- gorgeous spot, La Lucciola- next to The Samaya, Hu'u- Nutmeg Restaurant,
Was advised to go to Sardine and Metis- but ran out of time. Breeze at The Samaya - was also great - as was the complimentry fruit salad by the pool and afternoon tea- too good and of course the treats in the room delivered daily.
Red Carpet - champagne bar really nice owner who gave us a list of top spots to eat and drink. Shopping in Seminyak varied - good to go to the boutiques like LuLu also a couple of good guys designer wear. Grocer and Grind good for coffee etc
Discovery Mall for watches - good quality better than the rubbish in the markets.
Ubud and other spots - get a driver and do what you want rather than a tour. Snorkelling was nice but the trip itself was rather "Hi de Hi"
All in all The Samaya is the best , the staff wonderful and 99% of the time "spot on"

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BuffyLiz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2009

Stayed for 5 nights in the Royal Courtyard Villa. Everything had been thought of to make our stay wonderful. The villas were large and luxurious and the staff were excellent. The Restaurant is a must, but book early to get a place and choise of tables.
First place we have ever stayed where we said we would love to go back!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MGL9
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2009

I'm going to add a note here as it seems like Samaya's GM reads tripadvisor. We are already booked in another hotel in Seminyak but was tempted to inquire with Samaya, due to the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. Reservations was not 24 hrs (ok, fine, not all hotels have 24 hr reservations), the staff working the phones could barely speak English (I spelled out my email address (and phone number) easily 10 times) & after all this effort, they never even contacted me back, not once but twice. (I called again the next day to see why they never replied, they asked me instead to email them ... I said I was already on the phone with them (twice), do I need to leave another message? ... anyhow, I was basically ignored). The receptionist one call refused to give me a name and hung up on me. The second kindly gave me her name (and acknowledged that reservations was open all day but no one contacted me), but still no one contacted me afterwards. Who knows, maybe they are full but it's rude to not follow up -- many people are repeat visitors to Bali. I would have liked to have tried this hotel -- and we would have opted for the best villas -- but it just seemed far too difficult & one of my big pet peeves with Southeast Asian resorts -- however beautiful the experience -- is that their friendly (or not-so-friendly here) staff have trouble communicating in English.

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tinaWH
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

The Samaya exemplifies luxury & made for a very romantic honeymoon. We adored our private villa & spent most of the holiday lazing by our own pool. We loved the option of having our breakfast served in our courtyard & having ice and freshly sliced lime bought to our room for evening drinks. The staff were very welcoming & made for a wonderful stay. The Samaya is a pricier option for Bali but worth every cent.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Perth WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

We recently stayed at the Samaya for 5 nights. It was quite the experience. We were greeted with lei and treated like royalty. Our room was magnificent, the staff were so friendly and helpful and the General Manager and staff all knew us by name. Little did I know that my boyfriend (soon to be fiancé!!) had organised with the hotel to pop the question in a very very romantic day of pampering and then a candlelight dinner with a violinist, flowers everywhere....felt like a princess. The Samaya even organised my very favourite French champagne - Billycart Vintage. Amazing experience and I have to say the holiday of a lifetime. Ray and his team are exceptional and every cent was very very worth it! Oh and I said yes once I stop crying!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

I travel quite a bit and am constantly searching for a relaxing and luxurious experience. I found it at the Samaya in Bali. If you are looking for a private luxurious resort in an amazing location I recommend the Samaya, from the moment we arrived the staff were attentive, all our requests were taken care of, we even had our own butler available 24 hours, nothing was too much trouble. At a moment’s notice we were whizzed around town to our chosen destination in one of the house cars. The very private and luxurious pool villas were wonderful, cleaned and freshened every time we left the room. The bathrooms are huge, with a shower for two and a large marble bath. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The private pool just meters from your door is a wonderful place to relax in between epicurean delights. Dinning on the beach in the house restaurant was absolutely stunning, the food amazing and those cocktails!!! The staff at the Samaya Spa looked after all our needs, the Spa has elegant treatment rooms overlooking the Indian ocean, tremendously relaxing. I recommend the Samaya Massage or the Chocolate Indulgence package, the chocolate scrub is something else! I was totally astonished at the level of guest care and service, the Samaya sets new standards. An example of this unexpected attentiveness is being brought compliementary chilled water, fruit and chilled towels as we sat by the main resort pool. It’s close to all the best restaurants, bars and nightlife in Bali. I highly recommend this hotel, it’s an experience, We will be going back.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Swanbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

We have stayed at The Samaya 5 times during the past 3 years and it just gets better and better.
The staff are friendly, courteous and very well trained.
The Villas are luxurious very clean and well maintained.
The new big screen TV's are a fabulous addition.
The Spa is second to none.
Ray Clark the General Manager and Johannes always go out of their way to ensure that all is well with all the guests.
We can thoroughly recommend The Samaya and will continue to stay there when we visit beautiful Bali,

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family