“At last we found our paradise after many years of visiting Bali.”

The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Ranked #6 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 July 2010

From the minute we arrived we were treated as if we were the only two people who mattered be it from the General Manager to his employees. Absolutely everyone was polite, friendly (always remembering our names) and willing to please. We stayed in The Courtyard Villas and there wasn't one little thing we could fault. Whilst we did venture outside The Samaya, we found ourselves always dashing back for cocktails overlooking the beach whilst watching the sunset. We have travelled to Bali once/twice a year for many years but have never found anywhere so satisfying, in every respect, as The Samaya. We were initially reluctant to venture into writing a review, wanting to guard our secret, but thought that was a little selfish of us and our views should be shared for others to enjoy. However, if there is no room at the inn when we come knocking again we will be extremely saddened - it means that we've over-exposed our romantic, relaxing paradise!

1  Thank Shelaghcupcakes

Reviewed 9 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Samaya on honeymoon for about 10 daysand had just the most amazing time.The Samaya is beautifully positioned on the beach with fabulous villas and a surrounding complex that is quiet and provides the perfect environment to relax especially after a hectic wedding.
Whilst the Samaya is a very impressive resort, what stood out for us is the wonderfully attentive staff that go about their business of looking after you in an incredibly efficient and friendly way without stepping into your personal space. Its almost like they move in the shadows! And what's more, the hotel accommodates you. You don't follow a hotel schedule at the Samaya. If you want breakfast at 4 in the afternoon, its done!
Bali is a wonderful country and our stay at the Samaya, unsurpassed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I have just come back from a 4 night stay at the Samaya, and I can't stop thinking about it. It was my first time to Bali, a very belated honeymoon, and I knew that I wanted to be at a beachfront hotel that would be a step up/luxurious option for my me and my husband. In other words, if I am going to travel over 24 hours to get anywhere, I'd like it to be nice. :) The Samaya really met and/or exceeded my expectations in almost every category. The beachfront location is gorgeous. We booked the Honeymoon Package and were really happy with our experience.

Service - The staff is extremely friendly and seem to just do little things that really can make your stay wonderful. They knew our names (never really experienced that before ) and reminded us about our spa appointment. Wow! Okay, thanks. :) Since we spent a lot of time by the beach, the staff there brought us fresh fruit, water (which was always refilled) and helped us with our towels. I could go on about how much the staff does here.

Spa - If you are wondering about the spa, book it. I had two treatments here: one with my husband as part of the Honeymoon Package, the Ritual of Royalty Treatment (a foot wash, massage, and body wrap) and a hot stone massage. Our couple's treatment was included in our package, and it was in this room with a 180 degree view of the beach. Hearing the crashing waves was so soothing. Many spas pipe in sounds of crashing waves, but this was the real thing! The treatment room was huge modern room with its own shower, restroom and changing room. The treatment was amazing, especially the massage. My hot stone massage, while not cheap by Bali standards, was way less than I would pay in the US and was also excellent. It actually cost less than the spa at the hotel I stayed in in Ubud.

Food - The food here is great! The breakfasts are huge and out of this world. I am somewhat of a food nerd/foodie and the food at the Samaya was some of the best I ate in Bali. It was definitely gourmet level. A dinner was included as part of the Honeymoon Package, and it was a wonderful 6 course meal with two free glasses of champagne. If you are familiar with how expensive wine is in Bali, you'll understand why this is a nice addition. The bartenders were also great, and I got the best cocktails I had in Bali here.

Rooms - I really liked the style of the room/villas. We stayed in the Garden Pool Villa. The plunge pool was nice to have, although we didn't use it as much as we could have. We were too mesmerized by the view of the beach at the main restaurant/pool area. While the room was nice, I think it could use some updating. That being said, I still think they are still of a very high standard and have all the conveniences you would want.

Yes, you can pay less in Bali, but if you have a chance to treat yourself, I would highly recommend the Samaya.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaribBK
Reviewed 2 July 2010

After looking at many, many hotels in Bali , we decided to get married at The Samaya hotel due to the outstanding reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed! From the moment you enter the hotel until the time you leave you will enjoy every moment of this fantastic hotel.

We had asked to be situated on the main grounds of the hotel because of our wedding taking place on the grass area. The hotel consists of small villas each with plunge pool and Jacuzzi. The rooms are lovely and the bath tub big enough to easily fit two! Each room comes with a private butler who is on hand to help in anyway (even removed a lizard from our room).

Breakfast can be chosen to eat at the Breezes restaurant, looking out onto the beach or at your own private villa. The selection of the breakfast was fantastic and the food quality equally as good. The hotel even provides complimentary afternoon tea (or bowls of fresh fruit) along with water and cold towels for those sunbathing by the pool.

We are so pleased we booked the Samaya for our wedding. The staff were fantastic, especially Ika who helped to organise our special day and made everything run so smoothly. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is considering getting married in Bali . We had a truly wonderful day…..The only downside is that it was over too quickly…..

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Fantastic smallish resort on the beach at Seminyak. Close enough to everything but far enough away to only hear the waves and watch the surf. Friendly service, good food and just the right amount of amenities without going over the top. Great spa and main pool. Loved the afternoon tea. Felt at home almost immediately.

Reviewed 25 June 2010

We stayed in The Samaya for 10 nights and didn't want to leave. Our royal courtyard villa was absolutely suberb, finished to a very high luxurious standard throughout. While the holiday wasn't cheap, what we arrived to easily surpassed our high expectations. The service is another level, nothing is too much for the staff and they are incredibly friendly, plus very well trained. Both breakfast and the afternoon tea were also fantastic, which are included in the b&b package. We can't reccomend this place enough, we will most probably be coming back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2010

We recently stayed at the Samaya for our honeymoon and we can honestly say that we couldn't fault a thing! We had impeccable service, wonderful food and a wonderful villa (we stayed at the Royal Courtyard villa). Having to get a buggy to the main hotel was not a problem. We loved the service that you recieve on the sunbeds (fruit at 2pm, fresh chilled water served to you) and the onsite spa was just amazing. A must is the cocktails at sunset! We were made to feel very special, but also we were left to our own devices which was nice (no stresses of the cleaner knocking on our door!) We just wish that we could get back there again now!

• Stayed: June 2010