“From start to finish our 3 days at the Samaya we're perfect and everything we could have hoped for, real luxury!”

The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Ranked #6 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Bristol
Reviewed 1 October 2010

After scrutinising just about every luxury hotel in Bali my wife and I chose the Semaya for our honeymoon, and I'm so glad we did!
Our villa was delightful with it's own private pool outside (big enough to swim in) and hot tub. The bath inside was large enough to be described as a small pool, but along with the rest of the room, elegantly designed.
For the staff's part, the service was impeccable. Warm, hospitable, kind and attentive without ever being to full on or uncomfortable. They went the extra mile to make our honeymoon special and memorable and the personal touches were greatly appreciated.
The breakfasts are a real treat as well!
Overall 10 out of 10, with such attention to detail somebody actually sweeps the grass!
I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Ray the general manager in person but was delighted to receive a personal email from him responding to my comment card (these were conservations not criticisms) but i definitely felt heard and have confidence the Samaya is going to continue to strive for excellence.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed here as the first part of Honeymoon and the hotel is fantastic.

The pool villas are massive, very well equipped and very private. We stayed in a Royal Courtyard villas, these are across the road from the main part of the hotel. This the more modern part of the hotel.

The staff and service are all excellent and everybody knew your name even though you had never seen them before. As it was part of our honeymoon this made us feel special.

This really is an excellent hotel with amazing staff and good location. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I'd booked the Samaya based on the other tripadvisor reviews, with high expectations. Having just stayed for a few nights at The Chedi Club in Ubud, I found the Samaya to be slightly disappointing. We stayed at a pool villa for 3 days, 2 nights, which was quite nice. Previous reviewers have commented that these villas are older and dated, however we found them to be pleasant. The plunge pool was very pleasant and was secluded. Breakfast was average and although the location was nice, overall the service standards and value for money was disappointing. For the same money, I'd try the Legian next door.

We'd also tried the Samaya massage and this was very pleasant, although I found the hard sell by the therapists to be slightly irritating. After all, you're already paying premium prices for the pleasure so the hard sell is very unwelcome. And like another previous reviewer, once your allocated time is over, you're quickly ushered out of the room given hardly any time to readjust.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I work in the travel industry and have stayed in many luxury hotels so I have become very fussy! I spent just 4 nights at Samaya Seminyak as part of my honeymoon and loved it. The service was amazing - all the staff were genuinely friendly, welcoming and hospitable. The villa was incredibly spacious and comfortable. The Indian Head massage I had in the spa was one of the best I have experienced. We loved the afternoon tea and enjoyed an amazing special 7 course gastro dinner during our stay which was worth every penny. The memory of sitting on the decking overlooking Seminyak beach with a cocktail as the sunset will stay with me forever. I WILL return!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Its been 2 weeks since we arrived home and our holiday afterglow is still shining brightly. We have lots of great memories from our stay and I wanted to express my thanks to you all.

Our time at Samaya was the best holiday experience that we have ever had in 25 years. I would like to explain why it was so special.

We have travelled extensively and been to Bali numerous times. All of the hotels or resorts provided good customer service. What we really wanted is a great holiday experience.
Heres where you stand out. You have provided exceptional client service and a WOW customer EXPERIENCE.

Samaya is the first and only Resort that has been able to deliver on both for us and it was absolutely sensational. We didn't feel like guests. We felt like family.
The outlook from the main pool area onto the ocean is glorious. The pool is is well laid out with decking and day beds that you dont have to fight for. The water was crystal clear and I especially liked that my eyes werent burning from chlorine. The service at the Breeze restaurant at breakfast and dinner was outstanding. Not to mention the freshly cooked breakfast and sensational dinner.
I applaud and congratulate all of you for your genuine and joint commitment to creating a special experience. You have gone beyond our expectations by your warmth and sincerity. Its the small things that made a big difference to us.

Some of the things that made us feel special were:
front desk staff- Being called by our name and asked if we needed any transport or restaurant bookings.
Breeze - Being called by our name and receiving a warm welcome - Special Thanks to Wida, Ana and Seth and other staff that served us. Also to Wayan and Agus for allowing me to come into the kitchen and Widhi for the recipes. Im cooking mie goreng tonight!
Butlers- Being attentive and speaking to us at Breakfast or thru out the day to ask if there was anything that we needed- transport, restaurant bookings or anything at all. Sudharna, Widhi and Suka took great care of us.
I apologise for misspelling any names. There were many other staff members that we spoke to or were served by that went beyond the normal pleasantries and made an impression, I wish I could remember everyone.
Our 25th wedding anniversary was fantastic. The chocolate cakes were a special surprise and so were the room decorations. We were overwhelmed with your kindness and the combined effort from everybody to make this an even more special celebration.

Ray, your visibility as the General Manager was remarkable. I have only ever seen or spoken to a hotel GM when there was a problem. Your passion for Samaya is exemplified by your "hands on" approach and enthusiasm. We appreciated that you took the time to speak to us and other guests.
This is another 1% er that contributed to our WOW experience. It also sends a very positive message to your staff.
If there was an award for an outstanding General manager that is committed to excellence for customer service, leadership and building a positive team spirit- I have no doubt that you would win it everytime. Youve cracked the secret code Ray and others could learn a lot from Samaya. Its no surprise that you have received such positive reviews.

My sincere Thanks to all of you. You are one special family and we loved being a part of it .We will definitely return soon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 September 2010

I may have travelled on my own but this place is perfect for couples as well as if you just need to get away from the noise and clutter of Bali.
The resort has security on both the front and beach entrances so the area's remain private to guests only.
The grounds and villa's are immaculate and if you have the luxury of staying in the seaside villa's - they are brilliantly located round the pool and near the beach.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank TravelLoverNZx
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We booked our honeymoon based on the recommendations on tripadvisor and we are certainly glad we followed peoples advice.

We decided to get ourselves a Royal Courtyard Villa for our 10 day stay in Bali. The villa was beautifully decorated, well spec'd, spacious and perfect for two people to do nothing but relax in the sun. Seperate from the main hotel resort, the villa's have their own facililaties on the doorstep, but we spent our time in the main resort looking over the lively beach below.

The staff at the Samaya are fantastic, Ray has put together a fanstastic team! Breakfast is something that has to be seen to be believed.

The location is only 300 yards from the busy main street in Samaya with bars and restraurants a plenty.

If you get a chance to see the island, take a trip to Ubud - beautiful and the market is perfect for getting all your presents. We took a day trip to the volcano with private driver and tour guide one day and another trip to the elephant safari - both organised by the hotel by asking our butler.

Anything you could ever want while on holiday, the Samaya team will provide in seconds. A prime example of the services - 7.30am the morning of our elephant safari day, we went down for breakfast and ware greeted by Ray (General Manager). When he found out we off to the elephant park simply said - "you will need some water, i will sort it". On boarding the coach - bottles of water arrived for trip. Such a simple thing and yet it epitomizes everything the Samaya is about.

Anyone considering Bali and the Samaya - you wont regret it!

alex&catherine