“good value hotel”

Ranked #114 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
perth, Australia
“good value hotel”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I am not a big fan of Bali, it is however very cheap and not far away which makes it good for a quick break. My wife and I stayed at the Puri Dewa Bharata for five days and I was pleasantly surprised. I had booked on the internet at short notice and thought i would give it a try. The hotel is quite small and built in Balinese style.We had a super delux room and it was perfect for us.The room was large, clean with modern furnishings including Lcd Tv. Wi fi is free and worked well in the room and around the pool. The pool area is small but was never crowded and in fact at times we were the only ones there. The staff were excellent, always friendly and helpful. There is a free shuttle to Kuta twice a day but you will have to find your own way back. A blue taxi from Kuta to the hotel is about $2.50. (very cheap).The only downside is that it is a little out of the way but with taxis the price they are who cares?Overall I probably would stay there again,if I stay in Seminyak again.

Room Tip: Get a super delux room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, West Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stayed in a family villa which suited us as my husband and I had our 16 yr old daughter with us and this set up gave us all privacy and space, whilst having the security of being in one locked area behind a gate. I liked the common outside area for the villa. The hotel complex was lovely in terms of the Balinese architectural style and the grounds. The staff could not be faulted regarding their friendliness. We used the hotel safe with no problems. The free Wifi worked, not so good in our room, but excellent in the outside sitting area or by the pool. I am not a fussy consumer but the villa we had (100 and 101) was really quite run down and would really benefit from decorating. On the last morning my daughter found a live mouse in her toilet and she came screaming down the stairs for us to do something about it, poor mouse but my daughters antics made us laugh. Her upstairs air conditioning was not very good either. All in all I think for the fact we had a villa the price was fair but I may look somewhere else next time, not sure.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Scarl
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Puri Dewa Baratha at Seminyak, Bali in September 2011. They picked us up from the airport for no extra charge. The staff were all SUPER nice to us, from the moment we placed our bookings (via emails), until we checked out from the hotel. I am impressed with Bali people, they all are friendly, very helpful, and like to talk. The room (super deluxe) was WOW, it was big, spacy and cozy. They have high speed internet connection (but you need to ask for login information first), scooter rental for Rp 50,000/day, daily shuttle to legian and kuta. Thank you Puri Dewa Baratha!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tommy O
Pinjarra, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

From the moment we arrived until the minute we left we were treated as guests and enjoyed every second. The restaurant staff are attentive and nice, the prices are great and the food exceptional.

We were upgraded to a Villa which was great.

The restaurant Malo's is within strolling distance and is great value for any meal. The Bintang market is around the corner and is a must visit.

If you are looking for a traditional safe good value hotel then you cant go past this.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank kiaorabro1
Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2011

After reading some of the negative reviews we were quite worried about what we would find. We stayed in a downstairs villa (112) and it was just fine. The actual bedroom is quite small but this is compansated for by a large al fresco lounge with ceiling fans. The bathroom was modern and didn't smell and the water pressure good. It did feel a little dirty but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a bottle of bleach and a scrubbing brush.
The grounds were very well maintained and the pool crystal clean. Breakfast was simple but hearty with a choice between western and Indonesian food. The location is about 15 mins walk from the centre of Seminyak and we didn't feel worried about the walk and any hour of the day. However for the nervous, take a Bluebird Taxi on the meter and it will caost about US$2 for the ride. I read some reviews where people complained about a two inch gap when their doors are locked so here's a helpful hint... if you use the bolt on the bottom of the door there is no gap. Finally the staff are wonderful. We had no problem with their English and if you make the effort to get them their response is well worht while. Oh, and as a gay couple we found all the staff to be very gay friendly.

Room Tip: Vills 110 to 114 are quiet (away fro the pool and the road).
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Peter F
North West Arkansas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hidden hotel is a gem. A very small hotel with a true Balinese feel, beautiful decorations at every turn and corner. Each door is made of hand carved Balinese wood and hand carved. The hotel is very small and you feel like you are alone in your own little paradise.

It is a little walk from the beach (15 min) but there are a number of good restaurants close by and greats shopping. The staff was amazing here, always willing to help out. They helped call taxis and would book tours for us.

We would go back and stay here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank doktahz
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stayed at the Seminyak Village Resort for our first week in Seminyak and were satisfied with the standard and the cleanliness of the room for the price that you pay. The staff were friendly and we were taken to our villa as soon as we arrived (by villa, I do mean hotel room).

The shower was cold and the pressure constantly changed so it wasn't a pleasant experience but the fact that it was relatively cheaper meant that there were some sacrifices I guess. The breakfast was available every morning and was nice enough, there was a wide range of choices, mostly asian oriented.

We did request they call our driver one day, but they stated they couldn't connect through only to call their own, charge an exorbitant amount and then make a cut from it also - clearly not professional at all.

The pool is quite large (the spa was not functioning when we stayed) and seems to be used for a nightly gathering spot by the hotel guests, which is fine but we experienced on a number of nights of our stay, a large number of Korean women drinking, screaming/laughing and yelling at each other until all hours of the morning - this I can tolerate as I am only 25 but don't appreciate it until 2am on consecutive nights. Unfortunately these guests were also above our room so would then retreat to the room above us and for another few hours move around quite loudly. Obviously the room is not well insulated so you can hear EVERYTHING that goes on with other guests.

The morning that we did check out to leave for Ubud we were greeting by the Manager who arranged for a taxi for us. Once we arrived into Ubud, we realised that we still had 1 more night left at Seminyak Village Resort - I tried on a number of attempts to request a nights accommodation to be refunded however was told quite rudely and abruptly that this was our fault and they didn't have to refund it. I agree, I should have known better, but I do find it very deceiving and dishonest that the Manager did not make us aware that we still had one more night.

There is SO many options available in Seminyak that I believe would be a higher standard than this. I would not recommend this to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alexandrahafner

Travellers are raving about these Seminyak hotels