I recently had two separate stays at this hotel, one stay was in a downstairs villa and the other was in an upstairs villa. We also had family staying in a deluxe room.
Overall the hotel is quite relaxing and staff are only too happy to do anything to make your stay comfortable. Nice pool area although small, I enjoyed that as there were less people around. Restaurant is basic but nice and offers a selection of Indonesian and Western food for similar prices to what you'd pay in decent cafes/restaurants in town.
The upstairs villas are definitely the most basic of their accommodation options and they all differ, some have shower curtains, some don't (which means the toilet gets wet), some have internal locks that work, some don't. Little differences like that. One of our friends had a room that had an extremely uncomfortable bed but when they spoke with the staff they were changed to another room that was much better, so if you experience a problem, just talk with the staff. They'll help if they can.
If you are booking two rooms and have an upstairs and a downstairs villa you can share the common area that normally only comes with a downstairs villa - this is really good for families or groups as you then have somewhere to hang together without being in an actual room or one of the public areas - as long as they've booked you in the rooms directly over each other. We had one of our rooms upgraded to a downstairs villa for free and we found this setup great for our family group.
Location is not the best part of this hotel. We choose it because it was close to a villa that other family members booked. There is a major hotel/shopping development being built across the road and that will really lift the overall area when its completed. You can't hear any noise from the building in the hotel though. It was about a 15min walk into one of the main shopping areas of Seminyak and about a 20min walk to the beach. That being said the hotel runs two free shuttles a day into Kuta and then you only have to get your own transport back from wherever you are. If you use a Bluebird taxi that runs a meter it will cost less then IDR25,000 to get from any area in Kuta/Legian back to the hotel. The challenge is to find one that charges by the meter during high traffic times. There are plenty of taxis though so you can either just keep stopping them until you find one or agree to pay a bit more to one not using a meter. I did this on occasion if I had tired kids, but I didn't pay more than IDR40,000. Some will ask for a lot more than that, but it shouldn't be necessary to pay more. All taxi drivers I used knew exactly where the hotel was so that was handy.
Overall value for money is good and I enjoyed the simplicity of the hotel and the older Balinese style. I would stay here again unless I needed to be more central for any reason on the next holiday. Don't expect 5 star for the price of this hotel and be aware that the upstairs villa's are their most basic and I don't think you'll be dissapointed. It was certainly more relaxing that staying in one of the major hotels with hundreds of other people which I have done before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with well-built Balinese concept. Designed in indigenous traditional architecture with fine stones - woods carving decorate each room of the hotel. 48 Rooms divided into 10 villas (with downstairs and upstairs rooms) and 28 spacious rooms in a building feature. The downstairs villas are in large double bed with kitchen, bathtub /shower with hot / cold water, spacious lounge room. All rooms equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, fridge with mini bar and IDD phone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Puri Dewa Bharata Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Dewa Bharata Village Hotel Seminyak
- Puri Dewa Bharata Village Seminyak
- Puri Dewa Bharata Hotel & Villas Bali/Seminyak