Stayed at the Puri Dewa Bharata Hotel & Villas with my partner and was returning home after some dinner.
As we climbed the stairwell to our room I noticed a Balinese man standing on the balcony of one of the rooms close to ours I thought this strange.
When he did see me he quickly hid under the fence of the balcony so I pretended I did not see him and continued to open the door to the room but was watching him from the corner of my eye.
As I was doing this the man from the room which the Balinese man was peeping through started to open his door to come out side when the Balinese man heard this he jumped up on the balcony fence and quickly darted away from site.
All very, very suspicious!!!
I was a little shaken to see this sort of action so I waited about 20 minutes and thought about “what next” I then decided it my duty to tell the couple that the security man was looking through his window.
When I got to their room I told them what I had just witnessed and they both where visibly very shocked the man got quite angry and the lady well I could see the sadness in her eyes.
The man then asked to see the management about this but being later in the night the on duty staff said that they had gone home and would return the next morning – fair enough.
We then asked to see the head of security when he did arrive he did not know anything and said there would be an investigation at this stage the couple got angry and demanded something to be done immediately and I also demanded action.
Having something like this is completely un acceptable in and in some countries a police investigation would follow but being in Bali that really does not apply unless you pay money for their help.
15 minutes later the security many that I saw peeping through the window appeared and said that he was looking for a cat we all laughed and the security man got abuse from every corner he did not know what to do.
This was a complete lie!! When I saw him he was not looking for a cat he was looking through the window!!
If there was a cat on the balcony why did he not just knock on the door and ask if he could get the cat – normal practice for anyone I’m sure you would agree.
We knew he was lying and you could see in his face that he knew he had been caught out!!
All this went for about 1 hour and we all then retired to our rooms for the night.
The next morning the couple did meet the management and they seemed not to really care and said that the Balinese man was looking for a cat obviously trying to cover up thins.
We all checked out and decided to go to other hotels because we all felt extremely uncomfortable about the night’s events.
Let you decide if you want to stay at this hotel but me I will never return and will be warning everyone I know to stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with well-built Balinese concept. Designed in indigenous traditional architecture with fine stones - woods carving decorate each room of the hotel. 48 Rooms divided into 10 villas (with downstairs and upstairs rooms) and 28 spacious rooms in a building feature. The downstairs villas are in large double bed with kitchen, bathtub /shower with hot / cold water, spacious lounge room. All rooms equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, fridge with mini bar and IDD phone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Puri Dewa Bharata Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Dewa Bharata Village Hotel Seminyak
- Puri Dewa Bharata Village Seminyak
- Puri Dewa Bharata Hotel & Villas Bali/Seminyak