“PEEPING TOM - SECURITY STAFF MEMBER CAUGHT ON GUESTS BALCONY.”

Puri Dewa Bharata Hotel & Villas
Ranked #119 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at the Puri Dewa Bharata Hotel & Villas with my partner and was returning home after some dinner.

As we climbed the stairwell to our room I noticed a Balinese man standing on the balcony of one of the rooms close to ours I thought this strange.

When he did see me he quickly hid under the fence of the balcony so I pretended I did not see him and continued to open the door to the room but was watching him from the corner of my eye.

As I was doing this the man from the room which the Balinese man was peeping through started to open his door to come out side when the Balinese man heard this he jumped up on the balcony fence and quickly darted away from site.

All very, very suspicious!!!

I was a little shaken to see this sort of action so I waited about 20 minutes and thought about “what next” I then decided it my duty to tell the couple that the security man was looking through his window.

When I got to their room I told them what I had just witnessed and they both where visibly very shocked the man got quite angry and the lady well I could see the sadness in her eyes.

The man then asked to see the management about this but being later in the night the on duty staff said that they had gone home and would return the next morning – fair enough.

We then asked to see the head of security when he did arrive he did not know anything and said there would be an investigation at this stage the couple got angry and demanded something to be done immediately and I also demanded action.

Having something like this is completely un acceptable in and in some countries a police investigation would follow but being in Bali that really does not apply unless you pay money for their help.

15 minutes later the security many that I saw peeping through the window appeared and said that he was looking for a cat we all laughed and the security man got abuse from every corner he did not know what to do.

This was a complete lie!! When I saw him he was not looking for a cat he was looking through the window!!

If there was a cat on the balcony why did he not just knock on the door and ask if he could get the cat – normal practice for anyone I’m sure you would agree.

We knew he was lying and you could see in his face that he knew he had been caught out!!

All this went for about 1 hour and we all then retired to our rooms for the night.

The next morning the couple did meet the management and they seemed not to really care and said that the Balinese man was looking for a cat obviously trying to cover up thins.

We all checked out and decided to go to other hotels because we all felt extremely uncomfortable about the night’s events.

Let you decide if you want to stay at this hotel but me I will never return and will be warning everyone I know to stay away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank John A

Reviewed 17 March 2014

we loved or stay here with helpful and very friendly staff. great value with wonderful downstairs villa's. love the bali style buildings and beautiful gardens, so close to everything but still not in the middle of it all so just that little quieter. yummy buffet breakfast in the morning and the free shuttle into kuta is a great service. we definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 nights with my daughters and found it good value all around.

Pros are lovely bali style buildings and architecture ,very helpful and friendly staff and a great location to visit Kuta (free shuttle) and Seminyak only a 10 min walk or 30k rupiah for a cab. Do not miss the spa next the minimart across the road ..very good quality at great prices ..lovely ladies and do try so the Warung 888 opposite the hotel ..best food and fresh juice for a few dollars!

Cons the bathrooms are windowless, hot and never really clean. The wifi is non existent in your room despite assurances ..we moved rooms to try to llll outside in the heat being bitten by mozzies but the second room was worse ..first world problems I know but when travelling with two teens it did get annoying given we stayed 10 days . The breakfast was average quality..frustrating as there were lots of choices but just mediocre taste.

Despite the above I'd recommend this hotel though not perfect it's good value and the vibe and staff are old school Bali which suited this trip.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank deeCentralCoast
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Just returned from a 4 Day trip to Bali with my wife. This is our first trip to Bali. Stayed at the Puri Dewa Bharata Village hotel on recommendations of a friend. Despite finding more adverse than positive feedbacks from TA members on this hotel, we still thought that we should give it a try.

We stayed for 3 nights in the Superior Deluxe Room with breakfast. Generally, we find the standard of the hotel to be acceptable based on the room rates that we paid for. The staff were friendly and polite.

Although many TA members thought the breakfast was fantastic, we found it mediocre with very basic standard fare.

I would also agree with some TA members that their room doors need some fixing. While trying to maintain its Balinese architectural design, the room doors is only secured with a padlock which could easily be pushed open slightly revealing the inside of the rooms. When inside, one would also find it difficult to secure the latch in order to lock the door.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Great buffet breakfast in the morning with complimentary tea-time from 14:00 - 16:00. Rooms are big with everything you need in it. Location is great because not in the middle of all the noise but still very close to everything. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

this is the first time i went to Puri dewa Bharata. we order duluxe room without breakfast.. the room very large, nice bathroom, nice interior of room, the best part is the pool, we play at pool for couple hours..hahaha i;m very recommended this hotel for honeymoon,,,

Room Tip: order the villa
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed for 9 nights at the Puri Dewa Bharata with a family group. Our group occupied 4 rooms altogether, we had 2 Super Deluxe rooms and 2 Upstairs Villas.
Our Super Deluxe room was good, it was on the ground floor - the other Super Deluxe rooms are on the first floor. The Upstairs Villas were up a decent flight of steps and had a bit more privacy with a small outdoor balcony area.
The staff were great, very helpful and attentive. Our air conditioning leaked for several days before I gave up expecting the cleaners to do anything and asked the staff at the lobby to have it attended to. The maintenance guy came straight away, had 2 goes at fixing it and it was fine after that. The room was good, a bit dark but quite normal for that kind of hotel.
The hotel itself is very pretty, with lots of traditional statues and little fishponds here and there. The pool was very good, it was warm enough for me to swim in, and we all congregated there every day after a spell of shopping. It is surrounded by a pretty garden area and you can sit around the pool with your breakfast as it's quite close to the restaurant. I liked this hotel very much - the only slight drawback is that it is about 5 minutes walk to the main road - but if you don't mind walking it's not bad at all. There are plenty of taksis going past if you need a lift. I would stay there again if I wanted to be in the Seminyak area. The staff were tremendous - we all came down with a stomach virus which was going around Seminyak and Legian (nothing to do with the food) - and the staff were very quick to get us doctors from across the road.

This is a very nice hotel if you are looking for somewhere budget to stay with a bit of old-fashioned traditional style. It could do with a spruce up but in the meantime it's adequate if you have a big group like we did. The breakfast food is adequate, just the normal fresh fruit, toast, tea, coffee, fruit juice and egg-station, with traditional noodles and rice as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family