I booked a 6 night stay in Ulin Villas one bedroom pool villa based on previous Tripadvisor reviews. After my stay at The Ulin I knew it was amazing and deserved 5 stars, however, after continuing my travels through Bali and in other Villas I wish I could give The Ulin 7 stars. This is truly the most amazing place I have ever stayed! I recommend booking directly through the hotel, they were so patient and helpful and were able to give me the best price possible.
To start the check in was great and the Villa was amazing, it was bigger than I thought it would be, so spacious and comfortable you feel like your in a home! The property is walking distance from all the great shops and restaurants but is still off its own quiet, private street. The kitchen is perfect, it has everything you need to make a quick snack or a huge fridge for leftovers. The fridge is stocked daily with snacks, soda, and beer, which was great to use on our daily outings! One of my favorite parts of the kitchen is a small water station. Bali is a hot, humid country. I brought my water bottle and was able to refill there at the hotel and not waste money and plastic on buying water bottles all day long. Very thoughtful and green of The Ulin! The space was great, comfortable and not cramped like other Villas we stayed in. The bathroom, outdoor shower was great, huge and very private. They even made us a flower bath when we asked for one. The bed was beautiful! Not the most comfortable... but great compared to other Villas we stayed in.
One of the best parts... breakfast! The breakfast situation is amazing, there are so many options and the food is amazing! Probably some of the best we ate in Bali! And it is so great the cook it for you in your own villa! We also ordered room service one night, the food was just as delicious, fresh and not at all overpriced like other Villas we stayed in.
The spa was okay, nothing fancy, standard Balinese massage with a standard foot bath. followed by tea. Two things I did not like about the spa were the beds and after each service they have you fill out a customer satisfaction card. I appreciate the company wanting to know your opinions but right after a massage you just want to chill and we were staying there and could have done it any other time. Also, the bed. I am a smaller person, 5'2" and my face kept slipping through the face hole, it made the entire face down part very uncomfortable, and I think did more harm to my neck then the massage did good. The idea of getting a massage in your villa was terrific, however the face rest in the beds were even more uncomfortable than the actual spa, even my boyfriend found it uncomfortable. Also, we finished so relaxed we would have loved to have just laid there and relaxed or just chilled. The ladies had us get up and fill out another customer satisfaction card! Then my boyfriend took a shower and they made us tea and waited till he came out to finish the client card before they left. Making me feel a little uncomfortable hollering at my boyfriend to hurry so they would leave.
The staff was great, so helpful and always pleasant! The car worked perfect when we used it and our last day we used the provided bike to get around. They were a wonderful touch and gets you around town in a quick, fun manner.
All in all this place is worth every penny. I took a stack of cards and handed them out as I continued my trip throughout Bali. I would recommend The Ulin to anyone and will absolutely be back again myself. Thank you Ulin Villas for such an amazing vactation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate Bali holiday experience in the heart of the evolving Seminyak lifestyle district, The Ulin Villas & Spa is the place to be. This multi award-winning villa retreat puts you in the vicinity of world-class restaurants, vibrant boutiques and after-dark hotspots on the beach. It is located just off Bali’s famous “Eat Street” where everyone comes to enjoy food, fashion and fun. Following its recent aesthetic refurbishment, The Ulin Villas & Spa reinterprets contemporary Balinese design through customized interiors and luxurious touches. Each villa is a tropical sanctuary cocooned within a native garden featuring its own private swimming pool and essential modern home comforts. At The Ulin Villas & Spa, we understand the importance of relaxation and spending quality time with loved ones. Trained in the art of Balinese hospitality, our team is on hand to ensure that all of your needs are taken care of with a warm smile and a few friendly words to enrich your stay. The Ulin Villas & Spa is another exclusive property managed by Karaniya Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Ulin Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ulin Villas And Spa
- The Ulin Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Ulin Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak