“WOW!”

The Ulin Villas & Spa
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I booked a 6 night stay in Ulin Villas one bedroom pool villa based on previous Tripadvisor reviews. After my stay at The Ulin I knew it was amazing and deserved 5 stars, however, after continuing my travels through Bali and in other Villas I wish I could give The Ulin 7 stars. This is truly the most amazing place I have ever stayed! I recommend booking directly through the hotel, they were so patient and helpful and were able to give me the best price possible.
To start the check in was great and the Villa was amazing, it was bigger than I thought it would be, so spacious and comfortable you feel like your in a home! The property is walking distance from all the great shops and restaurants but is still off its own quiet, private street. The kitchen is perfect, it has everything you need to make a quick snack or a huge fridge for leftovers. The fridge is stocked daily with snacks, soda, and beer, which was great to use on our daily outings! One of my favorite parts of the kitchen is a small water station. Bali is a hot, humid country. I brought my water bottle and was able to refill there at the hotel and not waste money and plastic on buying water bottles all day long. Very thoughtful and green of The Ulin! The space was great, comfortable and not cramped like other Villas we stayed in. The bathroom, outdoor shower was great, huge and very private. They even made us a flower bath when we asked for one. The bed was beautiful! Not the most comfortable... but great compared to other Villas we stayed in.
One of the best parts... breakfast! The breakfast situation is amazing, there are so many options and the food is amazing! Probably some of the best we ate in Bali! And it is so great the cook it for you in your own villa! We also ordered room service one night, the food was just as delicious, fresh and not at all overpriced like other Villas we stayed in.
The spa was okay, nothing fancy, standard Balinese massage with a standard foot bath. followed by tea. Two things I did not like about the spa were the beds and after each service they have you fill out a customer satisfaction card. I appreciate the company wanting to know your opinions but right after a massage you just want to chill and we were staying there and could have done it any other time. Also, the bed. I am a smaller person, 5'2" and my face kept slipping through the face hole, it made the entire face down part very uncomfortable, and I think did more harm to my neck then the massage did good. The idea of getting a massage in your villa was terrific, however the face rest in the beds were even more uncomfortable than the actual spa, even my boyfriend found it uncomfortable. Also, we finished so relaxed we would have loved to have just laid there and relaxed or just chilled. The ladies had us get up and fill out another customer satisfaction card! Then my boyfriend took a shower and they made us tea and waited till he came out to finish the client card before they left. Making me feel a little uncomfortable hollering at my boyfriend to hurry so they would leave.
The staff was great, so helpful and always pleasant! The car worked perfect when we used it and our last day we used the provided bike to get around. They were a wonderful touch and gets you around town in a quick, fun manner.
All in all this place is worth every penny. I took a stack of cards and handed them out as I continued my trip throughout Bali. I would recommend The Ulin to anyone and will absolutely be back again myself. Thank you Ulin Villas for such an amazing vactation!

Room Tip: Contact the Villa's directly
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel85rc
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

Dear “Rachel85rc”

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to post a very detailed review. I am very excited to find that you had a wonderful time, great memories and a very relaxing stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you talk so highly about our team, our services and the beautiful ambience of our villas. I also highly value you feedback and suggestion over the spa services. I will immediately liaise with our spa department to attend the suggestions you have made. We are committed to use your feedback and comments to enhance the experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2011

Very good location if you are into your food, is actually much closer to Eat Street than I thought when looking at their location map. Try Chandi for great Indo food and great service.

We travelled with 3 kids 11, 9 and 4 and they had their own room (well small villa/pavllion really) and we had our own pavilion, both surround the beautiful wet edge pool. The complimentary minibar that was replenished daily including some snacks was greatly appreciated.

Service very good, even drove us to a pharmacy with no notice to buy medicine for my kids who had Bali Belly severely.

We borrowed bicycles and rose around Seminyak which was good, had a great meal at Breeze, our favourite of the trip.

Just note it is not in the heart of the best shopping, that is further towards Legian end of Seminyak, a taxi ride away.

We would definitely go back to Ulin.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear “SydneyEmma”

I am thrilled to read your review and very delighted to hear that you and your family especially your baby loved your recent stay with us. We are blessed to be situated in the heart of Seminyak, just steps away from the eat street where restaurants and fashion boutiques are taking place. I am also happy that you were satisfied with the service rendered by our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Happy days,

Reviewed 21 April 2011

This is the 2nd time i am staying with Ulin and i am still so impressed. My 6 years old commented on the 2nd day morning when she woke up, that she slept so well that she thought she was at home. We love the service from the team, personalised, friendly and attentive. I am looking forward for another opportunity to visit Bali and to stay in Ulin again soon! The private pool and whole environment is clean which is wonderful for me with 2 young children

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear “JustinandCat”

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us again for the second time at The Ulin Villas. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Traveling with babies always request extra effort from their parent to ensure them comfort. I am glad to know that they loved their holiday and were feeling at home. We are excited and look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future again.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2011

Ulin is remarkable. From the location, to the staff, to the pool, food, even to the fittings and doors, showers....every little detail is considered, luxurious and make for a perfect experience. We travelled with a 3 year old and they made it a breeze. If you are a bit fussy when it comes to staying somewhere decent on your hard-earned holiday, here it is.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear “DMeg74”

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your review. Our aim is to ensure our guest could make the most out of each stay. We are delighted to find that you had a great time and relaxed stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your future Bali holiday.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Great staff, would do anything to help. Awesome pool. In room BBQ was a feast. Nice location. would come back in a heart beat

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2011

Dear “LJ54”

We are delighted to read your review and we very happy that you loved your stay most especially the private pool in your villa, the service and of course the private in-villa BBQ. Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2011

My husband & I travel frequently [2 - 3 times per year] throughout Asia / Pacific region. This was our first visit to Bali however and we would like to thank fellow Trip Advisor reviewers who recommended Ulin Villas & Spa as an ideal accomodation option. I now know why Ulin Villas is rated #1 out of 115 specialty lodging in Seminyak:

Customer Service:
Booking - We booked a one bedroom villa with Ms Wira who was very helpful in sourcing an available villa for us [1 days notice!]. I called Ms Wira to enquire about availability [after seeing in TripAdvisor that this property was highly recommended] & within 1 hr via brief contact through emails with Ms Wira, all was booked in for us ready to arrive the next day. During Stay - Overall all staff at Ulin maintained high level of professionalism. Reception, Chefs, Concierge, Security, Spa staff - Thank You for looking after us at all times, anything we needed assistance with, you were always willing to help with a smile.
Last Day - As our flights were leaving very late, reception staff extended a late check-out till 6pm free of charge which was very handy. They also offered a spa room after 6pm where we could use the showers before heading to airport for midnight flight.

Accomodation:
Cleanliness, Comfort & Space are of value to us. Upon first glance at Ulin website, the rates seem higher than some villas available in the area. Once we checked in though to Ulin, the experience & inclusions [comfortable king size bed, spacious lounge & bathroom areas, large private pool, daily breakfast, massage, airport transfers, daily transfer drop off to Kuta / Seminyak areas, 1 x in villa bbq dinner, complimentary filtered water, soft drinks & beer etc] was so worth it. Chef comes to villa to cook breakfast, you need to pre-order your selection for breakfast & breakfast time by 9pm the previous night. So if you order breakfast for 9am, Chef will arrive at your villa 8.30am to start preparing. Otherwise you can still order breakfast in the morning however serve time may be a little later.

Rooms are serviced twice a day, nice egyptian cotton sheets used in King Size bed. Bedroom & Lounge have an air-conditioner each. Large Flat Screen TV in the Lounge was great for the rainy afternoon when we felt like staying indoors & decided to watch one of our many DVDs purchased at Kuta Market :). Villa has mosquito repellent plugs switched on, in the evenings staff set up mosquito coils in outdoor bathroom. We did not have any issues with mosquitos during our stay.

Location:
Ulin is in Seminyak [great area for restaurants & shopping]. Ulin is nestled away from the main road [only 2 min walk to the main road] therefore in a quiet location. Main road hosts nice restaurants [eg Ultimo Italian Restaurant], boutique shops, mini mart/supermarket with ATM etc.

Spa:
Our accomodation included 1 hr aromatherapy massage which was nice & relaxing as well as 25% off spa treatments. Ulin Spa's massage packages are reasonably priced compared to other spa's prices, just check with staff as prices are in USD ++ converted into Rupiah. Ulin Spa does not do Manicure / Pedicure though so you can check out 'Bodyworks Spa' in Seminyak also - approx 5mins by taxi who offer full spa services. Taxis are cheap, best to just walk out to street or main road & stop them by the side of the road. If you book via hotel, some taxi's charge extra booking fee of $5000 rupiah.

** THANK YOU Ulin Villas & Spa - we will be sure to return to Ulin in the near future as well as recommend Ulin to all our family, friends, colleagues travelling to Bali! Keep up the great work **

Cheers
Rachel & Paul

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rachel_n_paul

Dear “Rachel and Paul”

Thank you very much for taking your time to post a very detailed review. I am thrilled to read and find you loved your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you talked so highly about our service, the villa, spa, food and our location. Our commitment is to deliver a truly memorable experience with a genuine commitment to service. See you again soon on your future vacation to Bali.

Happy days,

Reviewed 17 March 2011

You need to place your breakfast order by the previous evening (9pm) and although beautifully presented and of high quality, you have limited options to choose from. The complex is well suited for couples and families with young children. However if you have a teenager it may be too relaxing and quiet for them. There is very little interaction with other families/couples etc within the complex. So, if you have a teenager you may need to consider to bring along someone their own age or go to a larger resort....
All in all, we had a fabulous time and felt like we were treated like very special guests. My 9yr old son made full use of the facilities and became well known to the staff! We would happily return to Ulin - but next time will bring along another family too !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Suziq94

Dear “Suziq94”

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us on your recent Bali holiday. We are pleased that you had a fabulous time with us and to find that loved the service given, along with the friendliness of our team. We are now featuring breakfast list with almost 15 selections available and hope our guest could make the most of it. Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

With warm regards,