I am not very much a Review person, but Just to add to the already awesome running trend of reviews for Ulin, I would like to confirm from the most recent trip there from 7th Sept to 10th Sept , the positive reviews here are every bit True!
The service level offered at the Ulin villas are simply unmatched. even for the various other bigger name villas out there. Every staff on site greets you with a warm and sincere smile from the reception down to the gardener watering the plants by the walkway. They don't just ignore you and go about doing their own stuff. The villa itself is located very conveniently in the middle of streets of pubs and restaurants with cheap and great food. surprisingly given its location the villas itself was surprisingly quiet.. never heard any other guests or honk of a vehicle throughout the whole stay. Interior was well maintained and clean! not a single fallen leaf in the outdoor pool! not sure how they even managed that, there were exquisite looking little "pots" all round the villas which they burn mosquito coils in there everyday , seems to work well keeping the mosquitoes away.. and the outdoor sunken bathtub , shower and toilet.. its just awesome! its a big tub ... fits 2 person nicely~! And one thing i realized, even if it sounds a little crude.. sitting there on the outdoor toilet taking a little poop during sunrise.. enjoying the breeze, hearing the birds , the rattling of leaves and the warm colors of sunrise, I've got to say, that has got to be the best Poop experience I had in my 28 years of life!
One thing that I didnt agree with the review was the quality of the food, i remember reading reviews saying that the food was plain ? No way!! at least not when I was there.. I am really picky when it comes to food, and I have to say the Breakfast was Awesome! It beats any 5 star hotel's buffet breakfast anytime although the portion seems a little out of this world, there is no way anyone could finish the big bowl of fruit in yogurt and cereal , fruit juice, and main course even for a big eater like me. As for their Dinner.. They did candle light dinner LIKE A BOSS! candlelight dinner with 2 candles on the table? hell no.. they had their signature 100 candle, candle light dinner which lighted up the whole villa with candles, and the selection of food on the menu was top class! The tenderloin we had was so good. it puts some dedicated steakhouse's steak to shame. wasn't expecting that from a holiday villa thou.. but one "negative" feedback, the presentation looks really great with starter and dessert stacked up high like a tower.. but its a pain to try eat it! we lost a prawn coz the tower toppled over. but they taste awesome none the less. And this is the part where their service truly shines, we went out for the day and was back pretty late.. so dinner was up till 10 pm.. after dessert. the whole team of 5~6 staffs actually came knocking on the door, with a huge Black Forest birthday cake singing birthday song for my Girlfriend, and that is definitely not some cheap "complementary" cake that some hotels offers.
One last thing was when my Girlfriend had an upset tummy prolly from some random staff we ate outside, the reception arranged a vehicle to drive me to the pharmacy to get meds and back right on the spot. and since our flight was at 730pm. they offered a late checkout till 4.30pm where a vehicle was arranged to send us to the airport with no extra charge. all while still providing full service even thou we were technically "checked out" after 12pm.
To sum it up, I would definitely recommend Ulin to couples or family travelling to Bali hoping to stay within walking distance to streets of awesome food and drinks. beach issnt far away either. For the prices they charge, It just cant get any better than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate Bali holiday experience in the heart of the evolving Seminyak lifestyle district, The Ulin Villas & Spa is the place to be. This multi award-winning villa retreat puts you in the vicinity of world-class restaurants, vibrant boutiques and after-dark hotspots on the beach. It is located just off Bali's famous "Eat Street" where everyone comes to enjoy food, fashion and fun. Following its recent aesthetic refurbishment, The Ulin Villas & Spa reinterprets contemporary Balinese design through customized interiors and luxurious touches. Each villa is a tropical sanctuary cocooned within a native garden featuring its own private swimming pool and essential modern home comforts. At The Ulin Villas & Spa, we understand the importance of relaxation and spending quality time with loved ones. Trained in the art of Balinese hospitality, our team is on hand to ensure that all of your needs are taken care of with a warm smile and a few friendly words to enrich your stay. The Ulin Villas & Spa is another exclusive property managed by Karaniya Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ulin Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ulin Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Ulin Villas And Spa
- The Ulin Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak