There are plenty of private villas in Bali to choose from and anyone who visits Bali (or plans to) is aware of that. Deciding where to put your money is quite a task, as it was for us. The excel file we put together (a little cost and benefits analysis for all our options!) showed many winners but we went ahead with the Ulin Villas for the Tripadvisor reviews and ranking, and Ulin Villas' response to our email enquiry. The preliminary correspondence itself was a wonderful indication of Mr. Wayan (the Manager) and his team.
Ulin did not disappoint. At all.
The airport pickup was just right, with a very friendly driver. I think he is called Yudi.
The check-in was efficient and the villa, a dream. We stayed in Villa 11 (I think), a one bedroom villa that was beautifully done up. Since this was our post-wedding holiday, we weren't surprised to find a lovely arrangement of firangipani flowers and rose petals. A lovely touch, among many others. Bali is all about the details.
We've had the opportunity to stay in a few private villas and suites off-late and I can safely say that we haven't come across a better sized private pool or bath tub. The water's also constantly recycled, so it stays clean and clear the entire time.
Our package included a couple's spa treatment (a deep tissue massage that actually put me in a meditative/spiritual sort of state) that we opted to have done in our villa, on private massage tables next to the pool. Both the therapists were wonderful and this is easily the best spa experience I've ever had. I chose to go back to their spa on our last day at Ulin VIllas before we proceeded to another property in Bali (a bigger resort in Nusa Dua- a far fry from this private villa, but equally charming). The spa experience was a well priced treatment and worked wonders for me.
I must also talk about the bath and shower products available to the guests- which were par excellence. I loved a volcanic ash soap that was left in our shower on one of the days (it's not the same product everyday- another fine touch) and found it the best bath product I've ever used. I even went looking for it on many of the island's stores but wasn't lucky.
Finally, I must recognise the food at Ulin Villas- be it the daily butler-served breakfast or the private barbeque at our villa. It was commendable!
The room-service menu (Ulin doesn't have a restaurant but you won't really miss it) was quite extensive and very interesting, with options from the local Balinese and Indonesian cuisine to almost designer-dishes influenced by Japanese, Indian and European cuisine. Every breakfast was a surprise that we looked forward to on waking up. As for the private barbeque, we could pick two kinds since it was two of us. I picked the Balinese barbeque while the husband preferred the Mixed barbeque. With lots of grilled meats, satays and sauces prepared on the grill right next to us, we were pampered with options and flavours by the two butlers. They were both wonderful.
The Ulin Villas wasn't just an accommodation, it was an experience.
A final note. If you have travelled in SE Asia, you must be aware how no other region can beat it's hospitality. However, elsewhere in SE Asia, I have found this hospitality to be quite cosmetic where people are often smiling because it's their business. Bali is complete with genuine hospitality people smile in earnest. Ulin Villas was a fine example of such hospitality. My husband and I would love to be back there sometime in the future.
To Ulin Villas: The only recommendation I could conjure up is- please install hand-held shower-heads in your next renovation round. There were a couple of times when I could have used a more mobile shower-head as opposed to the wall-mounted shower (washing our diving suits etc.) That is ALL I could come up with. Please continue your wonderful work with Ulin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate Bali holiday experience in the heart of the evolving Seminyak lifestyle district, The Ulin Villas & Spa is the place to be. This multi award-winning villa retreat puts you in the vicinity of world-class restaurants, vibrant boutiques and after-dark hotspots on the beach. It is located just off Bali's famous "Eat Street" where everyone comes to enjoy food, fashion and fun. Following its recent aesthetic refurbishment, The Ulin Villas & Spa reinterprets contemporary Balinese design through customized interiors and luxurious touches. Each villa is a tropical sanctuary cocooned within a native garden featuring its own private swimming pool and essential modern home comforts. At The Ulin Villas & Spa, we understand the importance of relaxation and spending quality time with loved ones. Trained in the art of Balinese hospitality, our team is on hand to ensure that all of your needs are taken care of with a warm smile and a few friendly words to enrich your stay. The Ulin Villas & Spa is another exclusive property managed by Karaniya Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ulin Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ulin Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Ulin Villas And Spa
- The Ulin Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak