“The villas are huge, the staff outstanding and the privacy welcoming!”

The Kunja Villas & Spa
Ranked #1 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
“The villas are huge, the staff outstanding and the privacy welcoming!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I cannot wait to go back and stay at this property!! I recently stayed at The Kunja in November 2013. My wife and I booked 5 nights. We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and a friend (travel agent) highly recommended the property.
A Kunja staff member collected us from the airport and transported us to our villa. Our 1BD villa was very impressive when you step inside the double wooden doors. Very large pool, huge pavilion, kitchenette, double day bed, great sound system, walk in robe, huge bathroom and a very comfortable king size bed surrounded by insect net.
We found the staff to be very friendly. A chef came to our villa each morning to cook us breakfast and the day spa staff were also very knowledgeable.
The property is within walking distance of Sarong (great restaurant) and you can walk to Potato Head and upper Seminyak shops. The Kunja have a free transport service so if you don't want to walk, you can ask the driver to take you anywhere!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OssieinOz
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear OssieinOz,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank You for taking your valuable time to share your compelet experience during your stay with us.It was a pride for us to see our guest leaving our property with a big smile on their face.
can't wait to welcoming you back at The Kunja Villa & Spa.

Reza A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 2 December 2013

WOW! What a beautiful stay it was at The Kunja Villa and Spa. This place was recommended by our friends daughter. My partner and I stayed here recently for a short, well deserved break and we can't wait to return again very soon. I cannot fault the service that was provided by the team at The Kunja. Upon entering our villa we were amazed. It was HUGE and you do get what you pay for. It was immaculately clean and well maintained. The pool in our Villa (9) was a decent size and well thought of as you can walk right around it whilst in it, good for the kids. Checking in was a breeze. We didn't have to go to reception as our accommodation was organized before we arrived in Bali, thanks to our online hotel agent we booked through. Each morning they would cook us breakfast. We chose to have Indonesian breakfast, mee goreng (noodles) or nasi goreng (rice) with a choice of fresh fruit juices as well as freshly brewed coffee. I must warn you first though (with a smile and a laugh of course) to make sure you check how hot their condiments are when dipping into the sauces for you're noodle and rice dishes, as discovered by my partner which nearly blew his mouth off (putting it a nicer way) and numbed his tongue, a very hot day that was and still, I didn't learn his lesson as I discovered it the day after. I should have known better LOL!!! Their HOT is nowhere near our HOT if you know what I mean and don't be fooled by those chillies soaking in kecap manis (sweet soya sauce) as we found out haha :) anyway they also serve afternoon tea everyday and the banana pancakes were yummy and so fluffy!! Complimentary wifi during our stay which was fast with no connection problems. The Kunja provides all the information you need when staying there including restaurant menu's that delivery to you're villa should you want to stay in and not go anywhere. The location was quiet, but nice and there are many great cafes, restaurants and drinking places nearby thats walking distance to you're villa. The Kunja also provided transport to anywhere you wanted to go in and around the local areas close to Seminyak. I really loved the service that The Kunja provided. I can't fault it you'll just have to experience it yourselves. Can't wait to return. Thankyou to you're TEAM at The Kunja for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lou L
Dear Lou L,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Team...

Thank you so much for share your memorable experience during stay with us.
We do much apologized regarding the "hot" incident. We are sure that none of our staff do it by designed but a misunderstanding .
Thank you for all your kind comments about our facilities, services and food. We hope to have you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Kunja for a week for our Honeymoon (4-10 November) and absolutely loved it. It was everything we were looking for and more. I did my research on hotels/resorts before coming to Bali including reading reviews on tripadvisor etc and I'm glad I did. The Kunja value for what you get. The villa was immaculate (we were in villa 9) and the pool amazing. When we arrived, the room was set up very romantically and they had run a bath for us filled with rose petals.The one bedroom villas are spacious but still intimate. The gardens were obviously well maintained. The staff were so helpful and nothing was too much for them, very kind and helpful. They made us feel very special and even gave us a complimentary 'Happy Honeymoon' cake which was very thoughtful. They even bought my husband some flowers when he got sick one of the days. We also thought it was great how Kunja will drive you anywhere you want to go at any time complimentary, we used this a lot. When their cars were busy, we were given a free taxi. We were cooked breakfast in our villa every morning and the food was really good. My husband and I utilised the services of the hotels spa, we had a one hour massage which turned out to be about $27AUD and was so relaxing. We had the massage in our villa as it was more private but you can choose to have it in the spa premises at the front of the hotel if you want. The location of Kunja was great too, close to Seminyak beach and all the good restaurants. One night my husband and I decided to just walk the streets nearby and came across a restaurant called 'merah putih' was absolutely amazing, apparently one of the top new restaurants in Bali, highly recommend it. Lastly, the free wifi was really fast which impressed me alot. All in all I can't fault the Kunja. It really made our honeymoon (and first trip to Bali) amazing! I would highly recommend Kunja and we will definitely stay again :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amy J
Dear Ms. Amy J,

Warmest Greeting from The Kunja Family,,

Thank you very much for your wonderful reviews.
We're so happy to know that you had an amazing time with us an enjoyed all the services and facilities of The Kunja Villa & Spa.
We are waiting for your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My family & I visited Seminyak Bali in 2011 and this time we were looking for a nearby villa get-away so I sourced on Tripadvisor and decided on The Kunja.
Below are my personal opinion and feedback after my recent 5D 4N stay at the villa in November 2013.

1. Location of villa
We had airport transfer provided by the villa and it took us approx.an hour due to the bad traffic jam in the late afternoon. Usually it takes only about 30mins. The villa is located pretty exclusively on its own, there are some small cafes and burger stalls nearby but would take about 15 mins by foot. There were minimarts nearby too so you could get the buggy service to bring u there. We didn't go to the beach nor to Ubud or anywhere else. But I heard that it would take about 2hrs or so by car.

2. Comfort & quality of stay
I would give it a 8.5 out of 10. Now bear in mind that I am a fussy person, particularly in terms of hygiene and cleanliness, especially with regards to hotel stays and such. Stale smells, pillows, clean sheets etc..I am quite anal about such things. The villa was generally pretty new and well-maintained. Greenery at the pool neatly groomed and trimmed. Every late afternoon or so, the staff would visit to spray the insect repellant and switch on the electric repellant as well. There are mosquitoes around but not overwhelming, like the time when I was in Bali at the end of Dec. Just ensure you smack on some repellant lotion and they prob wont bug you much. Pillows, sheets and bed was comfy, no odours whatsoever. The bathroom was huge with the bath tub, shower and toilet all in one. The water dispenser was great too, as we could drink however much we wanted.

3. Room service
They had quite a few restaurant menus on the Room service list. Each from different restaurants so you might have to wait a little if you order from different places. The wait was about max 40mins or so. The staff would ring the bell, come in and set the table each time, laying out plates, glasses and cutlery neatly. Every morning, we had breakfast cooked in-villa by the staff and also tea-time snack which was either banana & strawberry pancakes or choc cookies. Unfortunately, the food quality was a disappointment. Noodles, fried rice and fish & chips were nothing to shout about. I'd say the best were the pancakes and prob orange juice. They also lacked a variety of breakfast choices so hopefully they would offer more in time to come.

4. Spa & massage
My husband & I did in-villa Body Bliss massage, which was 60mins each. I felt it was good, just the right amount of pressure. However he felt that it was normal and could be a lot stronger. We tried it again a day later and this time I also asked for a scrub done. The scrub was not fantastic as it was just spread over my body. The massage was thorough and I actually dozed off. They then prepared a flower bubble bath for me, which was lovely.

5. Service of staff & villa
Greeted with smiles and most of them speak pretty good English so it wasn’t a problem. We also asked for a short buggy ride treat for the kids (aged 6 and 8 yrs) just around the villa. Each time they finished preparation of your meals, they would inform u to say they are done, which was nice of them.

6. Weather conditions
We were there 22-26 Nov and this time, the weather was awesome. Sunny most of the times, with occasional drizzle. We managed to laze by the pool most of the time and the pool was "abused" by us.

7. Pool
Pool was clean but take note that its 1.1m on one end and 2.2m on the end which is pretty deep if you have young kids. So gotta keep an eye on them.

8. Cons
I'd say only the food needed improvement and also perhaps the choices of complimentary coffee and tea sachets. Apart from that, the stay was fabulous, comfortable and a great villa to cosy up in with your family and kids.

Room Tip: The villas were all relatively on its own so privacy was ensured.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank shpink
Dear Shpink,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience during stay with us.
We do much apologized for any kind of our service that didn't meet your expectation , especially for Breakfast & Spa. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.
We will share your feedback & comments with all department concern. And please send our regards to your Children.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at the Kunja in October for our wedding and honeymoon , we didnt use the Santi Chapel (which is beautifull) but instead had a private ceremony in our villa .
The Kunja staff made sure that everything was perfect and went like clockwork .
The villa was beautifully appointed with a Frangipani pathway and a bath full of red rose petals ,
needless to say it was a perfect day , including the romantic dinner prepared for us that night .
The location is great not far from Seminyak square and a host of good restaurants and clubs , Kunja staff will drop off or it is a very cheap taxi ride (4AUD Max).
We have been to Bali many times but this will forever be a time of great memories , thanks Suteja and Dia and all the staff ...definately be back !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shanks63
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Shanks63,

Thank you very much for choosing The Kunja Villa & Spa and taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We are truly pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and facilities of Villa as well as the special moment of the intimate wedding.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Happy Wedding !

Reza
Yardley Gobion, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at the Kunja for the second week of our honeymoon and cannot be happier with our choice of villa. We stayed in a one bedroom villa which is completely private and encolsed. The pool was large and the size of the villa was too. The staff were helpful at all times. You have to be a little careful sometimes when giving them times as they don't always understand the intricacies of English so say 10:45 rather than quarter to 11 for example. However, their shuttle service to all the local venues was very welcome and they are happy to book anything for you. The morning breakfast and afternoon tea come as complimentary and they cook it in the villa for you which is welcome. The friendliness of the staff at all times was a real bonus. Nothing was too much trouble. They have a service for a lot of the local restuarants where they can deliver direct to your villa from the menu. This is added to the bill at the end and we found this a very convenient service when we first arrived.
Overall we just had the most relaxing and pleasant stay at The Kunja and cannot recommend it highly enough. We originally had somewhere else booked and moved to The Kunja after having to reschedule, we are so glad we did.

Room Tip: Go for a higher numbered Villa if possible as they are further from the main road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DavidPautsch
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear DavidPautsch,

Thank you for your great comments & feed back.
First of all we do much apologize about your uncomfortable situation regarding our "weak times pronunciation". We had to admit it, that we are more familiar to say 10:45 rather than quarter to 11.
But we always try to increase our level of english in order to complete all the guest requested.
Once again, thank you for your concern, we will share all your comments & feedback to our team.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here as our friends were getting married here. This was my first trip to Bali and I really enjoyed it. The rooms are just amazing - as good as the pictures. The pool is a wonderful size. The staff are wonderful and will do anything to help you. Free rides into Seminyak as its just a little bit too far to walk back. Really enjoyed my trip - didnt want to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank becky_boo_321
Dear becky_boo_321,

Thank you for the wonderful reviews. All the facilities that we have, are proudly served to satisty our guest. We are always try to make our guest feel like their own home. Thank you once again, and we see you in the next future.