I booked the Kunja after a LOT of research. I wanted something different than your usual big chain beach resort hotel room experience. Given my price range, Kunja seemed like the best choice. A private pool villa would've costed a lot more at a hotel chain.
We were picked up at the airport and I almost bursted into tears when we got cold towels and bottled water from the driver after the 1.5 hr long line up at the airport.
We were able to do the check-in in our villa, where our delicious welcome drinks were waiting for us. Our driver/check-in person was absolutely delightful. He was polite and helpful, just like all the other staff members at the Kunja, I soon learned.
I've seen pictures of the villa, but the photos didn't do it justice. The pool was bigger than I expected. In fact, it was absolutely perfect. I can't swim so I greatly appreciated the shallow area. The outdoor living area was comfortable and spacious, the stereo with Kunja CDs was a nice touch. The bedroom alone was the size of a standard hotel room else where. The bathroom was HUGE although I'd have preferred it to be indoors instead of open air. Had to rinse the tub of dead Mosquitos every time.
We ordered room service twice. The food was wonderful as they were from some of the top restaurants in Seminyak then set up nicely by the Kunja staff. No eating out of paper plates at the Kunja!
Every morning a chef would come in and make breakfast for us. I got a little tired of the food selection in the short 3 days we spent here. I am vegetarian and would like to see more healthy options.
We both got an 1 hr massage at the spa on site. They were pretty good. Could've been better for sure, but it was decent overall. I'd say if you are willing to leave the hotel for a really wonderful massage, look up places on tripadvisor and go to those places, but if you are feeling lazy and don't want to go out, then by all means get a massage in your villa. It'll still be relaxing and prices are reasonable.
I liked that the mini bar is oh so reasonably priced we couldn't even be bothered to buy drinks from the grocery store to bring back.
Free rides are offered by the hotel to go to neighboring neighborhoods. It was a big bonus for me. They have the option to nickel and dime you, but they don't.
The only minor complains I have are as following:
- hot water is limited. Personally I like to take hot and long showers, and the hot water would only last me about 10-15 minutes at a time. I had to split my showers into the hair portion and the body portion with about a 20-30 minute break in between. The amount of hot water is not enough to fill the tub either. This made me sad because I really love my relaxing shower and bath time.
-internet was unstable at times. It would all of a sudden be gone for half an hour then come back on just as randomly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in breathtakingly expansive surroundings. The Kunja Villa Hotel boasts 18 exquisite one and three bedroom villas providing traditional yet sophisticated ambiance with standards to please the most discerning guests. Add to this complete privacy (except for private chef and in-villa dining staff at your service), a 24 hour vehicle totally dedicated to your every whim and you have an experience that exceeds all expectations ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Kunja Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kunja Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak