“Met my high expectations”

The Kunja Villas & Spa
Ranked #1 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Vancouver, Canada
“Met my high expectations”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I booked the Kunja after a LOT of research. I wanted something different than your usual big chain beach resort hotel room experience. Given my price range, Kunja seemed like the best choice. A private pool villa would've costed a lot more at a hotel chain.

We were picked up at the airport and I almost bursted into tears when we got cold towels and bottled water from the driver after the 1.5 hr long line up at the airport.

We were able to do the check-in in our villa, where our delicious welcome drinks were waiting for us. Our driver/check-in person was absolutely delightful. He was polite and helpful, just like all the other staff members at the Kunja, I soon learned.

I've seen pictures of the villa, but the photos didn't do it justice. The pool was bigger than I expected. In fact, it was absolutely perfect. I can't swim so I greatly appreciated the shallow area. The outdoor living area was comfortable and spacious, the stereo with Kunja CDs was a nice touch. The bedroom alone was the size of a standard hotel room else where. The bathroom was HUGE although I'd have preferred it to be indoors instead of open air. Had to rinse the tub of dead Mosquitos every time.

We ordered room service twice. The food was wonderful as they were from some of the top restaurants in Seminyak then set up nicely by the Kunja staff. No eating out of paper plates at the Kunja!

Every morning a chef would come in and make breakfast for us. I got a little tired of the food selection in the short 3 days we spent here. I am vegetarian and would like to see more healthy options.

We both got an 1 hr massage at the spa on site. They were pretty good. Could've been better for sure, but it was decent overall. I'd say if you are willing to leave the hotel for a really wonderful massage, look up places on tripadvisor and go to those places, but if you are feeling lazy and don't want to go out, then by all means get a massage in your villa. It'll still be relaxing and prices are reasonable.

I liked that the mini bar is oh so reasonably priced we couldn't even be bothered to buy drinks from the grocery store to bring back.

Free rides are offered by the hotel to go to neighboring neighborhoods. It was a big bonus for me. They have the option to nickel and dime you, but they don't.

The only minor complains I have are as following:
- hot water is limited. Personally I like to take hot and long showers, and the hot water would only last me about 10-15 minutes at a time. I had to split my showers into the hair portion and the body portion with about a 20-30 minute break in between. The amount of hot water is not enough to fill the tub either. This made me sad because I really love my relaxing shower and bath time.

-internet was unstable at times. It would all of a sudden be gone for half an hour then come back on just as randomly.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank justinehsu
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Justinehsu,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank You so much to share all your memorable experiences during stay with us completely. It's been a pleasure for us that our services could meet your expectations, although some non technical problem is happened to you. We have to admit it, on that period, we had a minor issues with our hot water tank, so it could't work properly. So do the internet connection ( weather issue ). We have fixed this problem, and now everything is running smoothly.
On behalf of The Kunja Villa & Spa's management & staff, please do much apologized for any inconvenience that ruin your vacation. We hope those issues won't put you in a bad experience during stay with us.

Reza A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I fully recommend anyone from honeymooners, family goers, single guys or single ladies that can afford luxury at a premium price not to hesitate and just book themselves in this lovely hotel.
1. Villas, stayed in both the 1 bedroom and in the 3 bedrooms it is really out of this world... something that makes your stay memorable. Pool are amazing, super relax. the rooms are big, the toilets are huge, the BEDS are super comfortable was hard for me to get out of bed.
2. Staff: super super kind, super useful, they make you feel like princes and princesses. Been to alot of hotels never saw such pampering.
3. Location: Perfect in a quiet area, near the vibe, and very near to the top beach club (potato head)
4. Prices: very affordable for that ultimate luxury
5. Food: deliveries from some of the top restaurants in Seminyak. What can you ask better.

I would definitely go back to that place without thinking twice.
thanks to all the staff!!

Room Tip: Villa 16!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kay S
Dear Kay S.

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank you so much for your great reviews and recommendation. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email, shall you have any inquiries for your next stay.
We are waiting to welcoming you back at The Kunja Villa & Spa.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

After reading numerous reviews on Bali villa's we decided to book 8 nights in the Villa Kunja. As we were staying over the Christmas period and travelling with our 20 month old daughter, we wanted to spoil ourselves and find a villa that ticked all the boxes. As it worked out, the Villa Kunja was the perfect choice. Our group of 5 stayed in one of the properties stunning and enormous 3 bedroom, 4 bathroom villas. I dont usually write reviews but felt that it would be a shame not to tell others about the service and facilities we got to experience. In simple statements: The Villa is luxurious, massive and completely private. You only have to look at the pool to see why it would get rave reviews (it's no plunge pool. It's huge, it's deep and it has a shallow sunbaking / kid friendly section). Big bathrooms, big bedrooms, big beds, big yard..... you see where this is going. In addition to the stunning villa I must discuss the staff. From the moment we entered the complex the staff really became a part of our holiday. All the staff throughout the entire property were outstanding. No matter who you came in contact with, Chefs, Security, Gardeners, Cleaners, Concierge, Drivers etc they met you with a smile and assisted you in every way possible. Everything we requested was completed professionaly and efficiently. Its the first villa we have stayed in where a vehicle and driver is provided for drop off's in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak etc (fantastic inclusion for all the odd shop runs or drop off's at restaurants). This really was an incredible luxury villa in a great location (close to Potato Head and Eat Street), I have no hesitation in recommending this for travellers looking for something special.

Mr S Holmes

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SMHolmes2014
Dear SMHolmes2014,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Vlla & Spa..

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Satisfaction is a pleasure for us to serve all of our guests perfectly. We hope all of your memories within stay us, could bring you back again to The Kunja Villa & Spa.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for 7 nights and it was more than perfect. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They organized all the activities for us and ensured we were pleased. The rooms are extremely private and clean. The pool is so good to swim in. The breakfast is so delicious so is the afternoon tea. We would like to thank all the staff that made our stay memorable.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Walid_Aola
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Walid_Aola,

Warmest Greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank you very much for taking your valuable times to share your memorable experience during stay with us. We' re glad that we could fulfil all of your activity request .

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Amazing hote, went with three friends.Hotel provides pick up services and superb breakfast every single morning. Huge portions too with fruits!! I miss it so much now! Very good restaurants around the area too so make sure you don't miss them!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LuciaL_888
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Warmest Greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa,

Thank you very much for your great reviews. It's been a pleasure that all of our services, could meet your expectations.

Duluth
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Like some of the other reviewers, I hesitate to write this review in case we can't get a reservation when we go back or it's out of our price range. We stayed here before a diving trip and loved the villa and the service. I found the hotel on TripAdvisor, our diving concierge had not even heard of it! He has now, however, as we gave him glowing reviews and said he should definitely consider booking clients here before or after their diving trip.

It's a bit of a walk to downtown Seminyak/the beach, but the hotel will run you over and you can take a cab back, the cabs are quite reasonable.

The breakfast cooked in the villa was delicious and huge! We only had the afternoon tea once as we were out and about sightseeing, but I loved the banana pancakes. There is no restaurant on site, but many ones deliver and the Kunja staff sets it up for you! Talk about pampering.

We loved the pool, and it's much larger than a plunge pool. I could have spent the entire week not leaving the villa. The bedroom is enclosed w/ AC, and the turn-down service nice. The bathroom is open air and has a stone floor, I felt like I was stepping into a 5 star spa every time I entered it.

You will not be disappointed if you book the Kunja, you'll feel like royalty.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be fine here as they are so private.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DuluthBernese
Dear DuluthBernese,

Warmest Greeting from The Kunja Family..

Thank you for spending your valuable time to put your wonderful reviews during your stay with us. We really apreciate it. We hope those experiences could bring you back to stay again in our resort.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 16 December 2013

One of the best hotels that I have been to, it has everything that we needed for our anniversary. Our villa had its own pool and the spacious bungalow-style cottage was just superb. It was a marvelous experience with personalized chef cooking. Even their complimentary breakfast was generous. It was luxurious, yet quite elegant in its simplicity. We love the cleanliness, the warmth of the people and the beauty of the environment. It was all cool and breezy at daytime and warm and cozy at night, perfect for lovers. We also had an excellent dinner by the pool. Our bed was big, clean and uncomplicated -- just how we like our anniversary. The cake token from the hotel was also a bonus and really made us feel welcomed. Will definitely come back here for special occasions!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnthonyMomaBoy
Dear AnthonyMomaBoy,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience stay at The Kunja Villa & Spa .
It has come to our attention that you have recently reviews The Kunja Villa & Spa with excellent rating, which we are very proud of.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reza A.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The One Boutique Villa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
Luxe Villas Bali
Luxe Villas Bali
#1 of 198 in Ubud

Been to The Kunja Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!