“Best Trip Ever”

The Kunja Villas & Spa
Ranked #1 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Bali was made all the more special for us just because of The Kunja. We stayed there for 5 nights and just didn't want to leave. We rented out a huge villa with a hug swimming pool, full fledged kitchen, closet etc. The butler would come every morning and make breakfast exclusively for us in our room and served to perfection. The hospitality of this resort was mind blowing. Can't wait to go back....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aditibhambhani
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear AditibHambhani,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank You for taking your time, and share all of your wonderful experiences during stay with us.
it's been an honor for us, for being your best trip ever and we hope it won't be your last trip to The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had an exceptional time throughout our 9 day stay at The Kunja Villas. The staff are friendly and more than happy to help you with every request, the complimentary car service around the area is great and makes it easy to go out to lunch / dinner if you don't feel like walking.

The villa's are beautiful, well maintained and provide a relaxing oasis within the busy Seminyak area. It's like having your own holiday house, we felt completely at home.

I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Villa 11 is great, as you are not surrounded by any other villas. Although all of the villas are ver...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nerida I

Dear Nerida l,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa...

Thank You for your amazing reviews & making The Kunja felt like your home, we very proud of it.
We hope all of or service could meet your expectations which is automatically bring you back here to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I booked the Kunja after a LOT of research. I wanted something different than your usual big chain beach resort hotel room experience. Given my price range, Kunja seemed like the best choice. A private pool villa would've costed a lot more at a hotel chain.

We were picked up at the airport and I almost bursted into tears when we got cold towels and bottled water from the driver after the 1.5 hr long line up at the airport.

We were able to do the check-in in our villa, where our delicious welcome drinks were waiting for us. Our driver/check-in person was absolutely delightful. He was polite and helpful, just like all the other staff members at the Kunja, I soon learned.

I've seen pictures of the villa, but the photos didn't do it justice. The pool was bigger than I expected. In fact, it was absolutely perfect. I can't swim so I greatly appreciated the shallow area. The outdoor living area was comfortable and spacious, the stereo with Kunja CDs was a nice touch. The bedroom alone was the size of a standard hotel room else where. The bathroom was HUGE although I'd have preferred it to be indoors instead of open air. Had to rinse the tub of dead Mosquitos every time.

We ordered room service twice. The food was wonderful as they were from some of the top restaurants in Seminyak then set up nicely by the Kunja staff. No eating out of paper plates at the Kunja!

Every morning a chef would come in and make breakfast for us. I got a little tired of the food selection in the short 3 days we spent here. I am vegetarian and would like to see more healthy options.

We both got an 1 hr massage at the spa on site. They were pretty good. Could've been better for sure, but it was decent overall. I'd say if you are willing to leave the hotel for a really wonderful massage, look up places on tripadvisor and go to those places, but if you are feeling lazy and don't want to go out, then by all means get a massage in your villa. It'll still be relaxing and prices are reasonable.

I liked that the mini bar is oh so reasonably priced we couldn't even be bothered to buy drinks from the grocery store to bring back.

Free rides are offered by the hotel to go to neighboring neighborhoods. It was a big bonus for me. They have the option to nickel and dime you, but they don't.

The only minor complains I have are as following:
- hot water is limited. Personally I like to take hot and long showers, and the hot water would only last me about 10-15 minutes at a time. I had to split my showers into the hair portion and the body portion with about a 20-30 minute break in between. The amount of hot water is not enough to fill the tub either. This made me sad because I really love my relaxing shower and bath time.

-internet was unstable at times. It would all of a sudden be gone for half an hour then come back on just as randomly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank justinehsu

Dear Justinehsu,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank You so much to share all your memorable experiences during stay with us completely. It's been a pleasure for us that our services could meet your expectations, although some non technical problem is happened to you. We have to admit it, on that period, we had a minor issues with our hot water tank, so it could't work properly. So do the internet connection ( weather issue ). We have fixed this problem, and now everything is running smoothly.
On behalf of The Kunja Villa & Spa's management & staff, please do much apologized for any inconvenience that ruin your vacation. We hope those issues won't put you in a bad experience during stay with us.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I fully recommend anyone from honeymooners, family goers, single guys or single ladies that can afford luxury at a premium price not to hesitate and just book themselves in this lovely hotel.
1. Villas, stayed in both the 1 bedroom and in the 3 bedrooms it is really out of this world... something that makes your stay memorable. Pool are amazing, super relax. the rooms are big, the toilets are huge, the BEDS are super comfortable was hard for me to get out of bed.
2. Staff: super super kind, super useful, they make you feel like princes and princesses. Been to alot of hotels never saw such pampering.
3. Location: Perfect in a quiet area, near the vibe, and very near to the top beach club (potato head)
4. Prices: very affordable for that ultimate luxury
5. Food: deliveries from some of the top restaurants in Seminyak. What can you ask better.

I would definitely go back to that place without thinking twice.
thanks to all the staff!!

Room Tip: Villa 16!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kay S

Dear Kay S.

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank you so much for your great reviews and recommendation. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email, shall you have any inquiries for your next stay.
We are waiting to welcoming you back at The Kunja Villa & Spa.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

After reading numerous reviews on Bali villa's we decided to book 8 nights in the Villa Kunja. As we were staying over the Christmas period and travelling with our 20 month old daughter, we wanted to spoil ourselves and find a villa that ticked all the boxes. As it worked out, the Villa Kunja was the perfect choice. Our group of 5 stayed in one of the properties stunning and enormous 3 bedroom, 4 bathroom villas. I dont usually write reviews but felt that it would be a shame not to tell others about the service and facilities we got to experience. In simple statements: The Villa is luxurious, massive and completely private. You only have to look at the pool to see why it would get rave reviews (it's no plunge pool. It's huge, it's deep and it has a shallow sunbaking / kid friendly section). Big bathrooms, big bedrooms, big beds, big yard..... you see where this is going. In addition to the stunning villa I must discuss the staff. From the moment we entered the complex the staff really became a part of our holiday. All the staff throughout the entire property were outstanding. No matter who you came in contact with, Chefs, Security, Gardeners, Cleaners, Concierge, Drivers etc they met you with a smile and assisted you in every way possible. Everything we requested was completed professionaly and efficiently. Its the first villa we have stayed in where a vehicle and driver is provided for drop off's in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak etc (fantastic inclusion for all the odd shop runs or drop off's at restaurants). This really was an incredible luxury villa in a great location (close to Potato Head and Eat Street), I have no hesitation in recommending this for travellers looking for something special.

Mr S Holmes

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SMHolmes2014

Dear SMHolmes2014,

Warmest greeting from The Kunja Vlla & Spa..

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Satisfaction is a pleasure for us to serve all of our guests perfectly. We hope all of your memories within stay us, could bring you back again to The Kunja Villa & Spa.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for 7 nights and it was more than perfect. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They organized all the activities for us and ensured we were pleased. The rooms are extremely private and clean. The pool is so good to swim in. The breakfast is so delicious so is the afternoon tea. We would like to thank all the staff that made our stay memorable.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walid_Aola
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Walid_Aola,

Warmest Greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa..

Thank you very much for taking your valuable times to share your memorable experience during stay with us. We' re glad that we could fulfil all of your activity request .

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Amazing hote, went with three friends.Hotel provides pick up services and superb breakfast every single morning. Huge portions too with fruits!! I miss it so much now! Very good restaurants around the area too so make sure you don't miss them!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuciaL_888
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Warmest Greeting from The Kunja Villa & Spa,

Thank you very much for your great reviews. It's been a pleasure that all of our services, could meet your expectations.