“Low priced, acceptable place to stay”
Review of The Taman Ayu

The Taman Ayu
Ranked #112 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Friendly staff, 24hr open bar with ice cold beer, good Indonesian breakfast.
Clean room but too low water pressure in the evening to shower.
This was our 3rd stay in less then 3 years and still like the hotel for its features mentioned above, its location in Seminyak and more than reasonable price. Next time again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank whjh

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I have been staying at Taman Ayu Cottages since 1998. Over the years they have renovated and upgraded the hotel, and now their rooms are spacious, modern and priced right. The hotel has one of Bali's best locations - in the heart of Petitenget. The W Hotel entrance is just 25 meters way, just before the Bali Catering Company (yummy sandwiches and desserts.) Taman Ayu is also close to Sarong and the Potato Head Beach Club and a short walk to the beach. Taman Ayu offers value for money.

Room Tip: Select the recently renovated superior deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Had a Superior Room for seven nights over New Year. The room, dressing area and bathroom whilst old were large, with a nice balcony to sit overlooking great gardens. Step up bath had no overhead shower other than hand held hose. Bathroom mirror lighting was poor for shaving/makeup etc.This was my first time stay. Staff were very friendly. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Gavan H
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed. It's nothing like the website pictures - it might be photo shopped. My husband and I have booked the Superior room and our first impression was that we got the wrong room. It was very small, mold odor, saggy mattress and so on….It was when I found a nasty object (that I cannot even describe it) on the soap cap that I’ve decided to go to the reception and inquired the staff to change our room. They gave another room, which we paid a little more and I thought for a moment that it would be better….gosh, how wrong I was! I couldn’t sleep – awful mattress and stinky mold sheet (which is grey and not white - so old it is). Also, dirty and old bathtub, rusty toothbrush/cup holder, crap furniture….just look at my pictures. And not only that the staff is so rude and they charged as the second night, we couldn’t stay there longer as we’ve planned – what a nightmare. Even our Balinese drive said the staff was rude and he had the mistake of not telling us that he knew some tourists who also had left the hotel as we did… Check the pictures…

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank valzinha
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Although I was disappointed over Bali, the hotel choice, however, proved to be perfect. The rooms are clean, air conditioned, clean them regularly every day, every day fresh linen and towels every day bottles fresh water per person. Staff very friendly, helpful. Reception and restaurant rain 24 hours .. I like the peace in the surroundings of the hotel, although the front is quite a busy street, so to get a taxi is no problem. Price of taxi to Kuta is approximately 50,000 IRP to the taximeter. The beach is approx 10 min walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Damjan B
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was the second time I have been to Bali. I had a friend that lives in Bali booked me this room. I thought the located was great! Although the place was full to capacity it was not noisy and didn't feel packed with people. The bar restaurant is 24 hours and served reasonable food and fair prices. The pool was a quiet oasis and never seemed crowded. The room was spacious and clean with all amenities. The balcony was a nice plus also. I will definitely stay at Taman Ayu again when I visit Bali!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank travel_fish59
Reviewed 7 November 2011

It was my second time in Taman Ayu (Seminyak) and this time was a big big disappointment. I've been in Taman Ayu 2 years ago and I'd a great experience there. We were 3 people and we got a family cottage. It was great, everything was brand new and beautiful.
This time, I booked by internet and the room assigned was really really bad. Everything was old and crap, the forniture was broken, the mattress awful, the towels instead of white were grey, the bathtube was dirty, the bath curtain moldy...for the price I payed I could get a better accomodation in Seminyak or Kuta. Definitely it was a bad value for money and I will never go back Taman Ayu.
Suggestion: Do not book Taman Ayu by internet and check the room before doing check in. Family Cottages and Villas are nice but not Deluxe or Superior Rooms.
Sorry about my english :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo