“Best location”
Review of The Taman Ayu

The Taman Ayu
Ranked #111 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I just returned from a wonderful stay at Taman Ayu cottage. The deluxe room has a beautiful bathroom a big bed and great air con. The staff at Taman Ayu are fantastic and on call 24/7! I recommend using a driver they have called Agusto- can speak great English and knows a lot of beautiful places.
Taman ayu is a 10 minute walk from seminyak square which has a Sunday market and fantastic restaurants.
Have stayed there 3 times and will definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jessica G

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was given upgrade when I arrived to Deluxe room, it was large, bathroom was nice, great huge shower, plenty hot water. If I have one request , it would be for a chair, it only has a stool in front of mirror, not comfortable. My American Breakfast was included and was ok. Staff are friendly and room was cleaned promptly every morning. Nice quiet area. Would recommend

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank MaryZ4
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Friendly staff, 24hr open bar with ice cold beer, good Indonesian breakfast.
Clean room but too low water pressure in the evening to shower.
This was our 3rd stay in less then 3 years and still like the hotel for its features mentioned above, its location in Seminyak and more than reasonable price. Next time again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank whjh
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I have been staying at Taman Ayu Cottages since 1998. Over the years they have renovated and upgraded the hotel, and now their rooms are spacious, modern and priced right. The hotel has one of Bali's best locations - in the heart of Petitenget. The W Hotel entrance is just 25 meters way, just before the Bali Catering Company (yummy sandwiches and desserts.) Taman Ayu is also close to Sarong and the Potato Head Beach Club and a short walk to the beach. Taman Ayu offers value for money.

Room Tip: Select the recently renovated superior deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Had a Superior Room for seven nights over New Year. The room, dressing area and bathroom whilst old were large, with a nice balcony to sit overlooking great gardens. Step up bath had no overhead shower other than hand held hose. Bathroom mirror lighting was poor for shaving/makeup etc.This was my first time stay. Staff were very friendly. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Gavan H
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed. It's nothing like the website pictures - it might be photo shopped. My husband and I have booked the Superior room and our first impression was that we got the wrong room. It was very small, mold odor, saggy mattress and so on….It was when I found a nasty object (that I cannot even describe it) on the soap cap that I’ve decided to go to the reception and inquired the staff to change our room. They gave another room, which we paid a little more and I thought for a moment that it would be better….gosh, how wrong I was! I couldn’t sleep – awful mattress and stinky mold sheet (which is grey and not white - so old it is). Also, dirty and old bathtub, rusty toothbrush/cup holder, crap furniture….just look at my pictures. And not only that the staff is so rude and they charged as the second night, we couldn’t stay there longer as we’ve planned – what a nightmare. Even our Balinese drive said the staff was rude and he had the mistake of not telling us that he knew some tourists who also had left the hotel as we did… Check the pictures…

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank valzinha
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Although I was disappointed over Bali, the hotel choice, however, proved to be perfect. The rooms are clean, air conditioned, clean them regularly every day, every day fresh linen and towels every day bottles fresh water per person. Staff very friendly, helpful. Reception and restaurant rain 24 hours .. I like the peace in the surroundings of the hotel, although the front is quite a busy street, so to get a taxi is no problem. Price of taxi to Kuta is approximately 50,000 IRP to the taximeter. The beach is approx 10 min walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends