The Taman Ayu Cottages are situated in a handy position on Petitenget Road. Close to some good restaurants, DVD shops, coffee shops, boutiques mini marts etc. There is a laundry down the street (has two cages out front that house dogs) near The Deck restaurant. But we found them a quite a lot dearer than the other laundries on the east side of the hotel. The hotel is well laid out with about 4 double storey blocks spaced amongst very nice gardens and all handy to a decent size and deep swimming pool with bar and paddle pool. There are about 5 villas at the rear of the property. The staff are friendly and helpful. The super deluxe rooms are quite big and clean and offer the normal lcd tv, dvd player, fridge, wifi, tea and coffee making gear, good a/c, decent bathroom, safe and a spacious balcony.
I normally don't dine at hotel restaurants, but in this case the hotel restaurant is one of the best and cheapest around and does not charge taxes. The food was cheap and as good as any in Bali and the Soto Ayam is one of the best I have ever tasted in my 28 years visiting Bali.
The only things that were disturbed me about the hotel were:
A. The Taman Ayu have sacrificed some of their lush tropical garden to build a three storey building housing another 12 rooms. To me the hotel is just the right size as it is. As it was, there were not many guests at the hotel when we stayed there.
B.Unfortunately the Aussie yobbos have found the place. They have stuffed Kuta and Legian and now they have invaded Seminyak.
Otherwise the place was fairly quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Taman Ayu Seminyak A Premium Location , with Privacy, Excellent Value & Full Service. A true Bali experience awaits at Taman Ayu in Seminyak. With full service hotel combines traditional elements with all modern conveniences. Everything that has to offer is at your doorstep. The best restaurant precinct, fashion shopping and an array of glorious sunset bars, are all within easy reach. Inside this premium location is a spacious garden setting that gives guests a feeling of seclusion and tranquility. With various options from our superior rooms right up to our spacious private villas, we are sure to have something to suit your needs. Welcome to the real Seminyak and The Taman Ayu. New for 2014: Come and enjoy our expanded main pool & new deluxe accommodation wing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Zenrooms, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Taman Ayu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Ayu Cottage Hotel Seminyak
- Taman Ayu Cottage Kuta
- The Taman Ayu Bali/Seminyak