“Just what we wanted!”

Villa Kubu Seminyak
Ranked #9 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My parents (in from overseas), my husband & my two sons (7 & 9) recently stayed in Villa 3 (a three bedroom). We all loved it! I planned the trip for all of the others (and was the only one who had previously visited Bali), so I was a bit stressed about finding the "right" place. Turned out great -- while it was our first time at Villa Kubu . . . I hope it won't be our last! First, it's a peaceful setting with a great mix of outdoors & indoors. (Aircons in the bedroom were nice, but the breeze that flowed through the open areas was wonderful, too.) My boys particularly enjoyed the private pool as they could hop in & out with easy access to bathrooms & snacks in between. The staff was top notch -- smiles and sincerity abounded. They were excellent service providers with a huge dose of warmth & patience. Additionally, we had not planned on eating in the villa quite so much, but the food was great, and we couldn't beat the convenience, so we opted for more meals in than we ever would have expected. As for location, for full disclosure, it's a good stretch (when walking) away from the beach, but they offer a shuttle service to certain locations & will arrange for transporation if you'd like. We walked most everywhere as we enjoyed it, but the roads leading to the main shopping/eating areas were a bit narrow and could get quite busy despite the fact that they were side streets. Just watch the little ones on the walk or take the transport (but we were fine, even with my two boys). If you take a vehicle, it's an incredibly short jaunt to the shopping and restaurants (given that it was only around a 12 minute walk for us from the door of our villa to a main shoping stretch). On another note, we also booked a side trip through the Villa (a day in Ubud) and I had a nice massage -- all great. One feature to consider is booking a barbecue at your villa. We did so (just happened to fall on Father's Day), and it was *wonderful!* Highly recommend this as they grill right in your villa, you'll have plenty of yummy food to eat, and the service was, again, impeccable. All in all, we were looking for a relaxing time in a nice environment, and we got that and more at Villa Kubu. I'd definitely be interested in a repeat visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LuckyBug03
villakubuseminyak, Front Office Manager at Villa Kubu Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Luckybug03

What a great review! Thank you so much from all of us here at Villa Kubu

Best regards

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just returned from a fabulous week's stay at Villa Kubu. We are 2 couples who travel together regularly to Bali but this was our first time at Villa Kubu. From the complimentary pickup at the airport until we departed a week later, everything about the experience exceeded our expectations. We had booked Villa Zero which is a 2 bedroom, 2 storey villa with a huge private pool. The photos on the website don't do it justice. My wife and I had the upper bedroom which is very spacious with a large dressing area a large bathroom with both an indoor and outdoor shower. Outside the bedroom is a large bathtub and a bale with a huge daybed. Our friends were more than happy with the so-called "guest" bedroom and bathroom on the lower floor. The staff were wonderful - nothing was too much trouble. They prepared breakfast to order in our dining room/kitchen every morning which was wonderful. Had room service a couple of times which was also excellent as were the complimentary massages in the spa. Any small problem like replacing a light globe etc was done promptly and efficiently. We will definitely be back at Villa Kubu the next time we return to Bali. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mickrym

Thank you very much for your kind review which is very much appreciated by all of us at Villa Kubu.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Villa Kubu...where to start. Perfection probably.

My husband and I have stayed here alone, with family and on weekends away with friends. Everytime our guests have been wowed by Kubu and its services. Everyone we have taken has returned. We have rented the 5, 3, 2 and 1 bed Villas over the last 2 years.

The rooms are large, the grounds for your private Villa more the sufficient, the service amazing, spa is luxurious and food ranges from clean and healthy or totally decadent..your choice.

Kubu is right in the centre of everything but tucked away so you dont even realise when inside the complex.

Any type of break you want will be accommodated for by the staff and they will happily respond to any requests.

Room Tip: We have stayed at Villa Kubu 5 times and recommend staying in the most recently renovated or newly b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sahni L
villakubuseminyak, Front Office Manager at Villa Kubu Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sahni

Thanks very much for your great review and its always our great pleasure to welcome you back each time. We are in the process of launching our loyalty program that we hope to go live next month so we can offer you so much more to make your trips with us that much better.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A last minute booking for my pregnant wife and I to escape the Australian winter for a few days to relax in the sun, by our own pool. The photos on the Villa Kubu website seemed nice and the 10% last minute booking discount gave extra appeal, but when we arrived- WOW. The photos do not do the Villa (single room) justice. Very tropical Balinese feel, spacious, comfortable king bed, sun lounges & couches, many places to sit & read & relax either in the sun by the pool or inside by the fish pond.
The included breakfast was a great variety of free range chicken & duck eggs, bacon, and organic fruits and meats and you can order until you're bursting with satiety.
Very clean accommodation, very helpful staff, short walking distance to main street of seminyak & $3AUD taxi to seminyak square and restaurants.
We didn't want to leave the Villa to sightsee much as it was so relaxing there. Will definitely stay here again for another trip and is suitable for families.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear NickBaraba

Thank you very much for your great review, we all enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Spent three nights in Villa 3 for our company trip. The villa itself was good although it didnt look like it did in the pictures advertised. Few upkeep here and there wouldnt hurt. the staffs were really friendly and helpful. The only downfall about this villa is the mosquitoes!!!! the staffs did their best in keeping the rooms free from the mosquitoes.

The pool was good and the breakfast served was okay if you are not too fussy as the choices are limited. Didnt get a chance to try out the spa cos of the short trip.

Overall a good experience and the staffs are really lovely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Catharina L
villakubuseminyak, Front Office Manager at Villa Kubu Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Catherine

Thank you for your review and we appreciate you telling us about the mosquitoes. It is very important to close up the rooms at dusk in Bali, as mosquitoes do have a tendency to come out and welcome everyone at that time all over Bali. We do try to use pesticides that are not harmful to the environment and provide local plant extracts as mosquito repellants. Where ever you are in Bali, we recommend that you apply mosquito repellant to your body early morning and dusk, thereafter you should be fine.

We do hope that you visit us again in the future and that you returned home in comfort and style

Best from all of us at Villaa Kubu

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I saw an online promo for this around XMas and checked it out. The reviews were good and although I've never really wanted to go to Bali, I booked a private villa with Jacuzzi and pool (Villa 11) at Kubu.

Bali is good value, although it has some risk attached. Dodgy food, the roads are crazy, the rabid dogs that follow you in packs, and most of the tourists seem smashed the whole time.

Kubu suited us down to the ground. We got on site and never felt the need to leave - literally. The only time we left the complex in a week was 1 local shopping trip, 1 walk to the beach for me (my wife stayed in), and we hired a driver (the fantastic Dean from Bali with Distinction) for a day.

We laid by the pool, had someone come and cook our breakfast in our villa, laid by the pool, visited the spa for a daily massage, laid by the pool, you get the picture.

The villa arranged our collection and drop off as well. Overall Kubu and it's services were a little expensive, but the staff were very helpful and the place was always clean. It's quite modern so not showing its age either.

If I had one gripe, it was that a ceramic soap container slipped out of my hands in the shower and the staff tried to charge me about $30USD for its replacement. You want to put slippery ceramic objects on tiled surfaces, don't expect me to pay for it when it breaks, and certainly not that price for a $2 container.

4 out of 5 as it's only average value for money and the money grab for the broken soap dispenser left a slightly sour taste. However I would probably stay here are again if I ever go to Bali.

Stayed May 2013

Room Tip: Villa 11 was great but didn't get alot of sun on the pool. Villa 12 might be better for that
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 1800hammer

Thank you for your review - all comments are really helpful. Since your stay in May 2013 we have made sure that guests are not charged for mishaps like this - we understand it happens, and you should not be held accountable.

A few years back there were some problems with rabies in Bali (predominantly out in the hinterland) but the government has been very proactive helping dog owners throughout Bali and giving free anti rabies shots to pet owners - this is not something you see in Seminyak nor most of Bali since the local Balinese are very concerned for themselves and their families as well as guests visiting from overseas.

Kuta has long been known for some outrageous parties but here in Seminyak and the areas around Villa Kubu it is very peaceful without any drunken tourists running amok, which is something we cherish.

We do hope you can visit us again in the future and we aspire to show you the real Bali that we know and love.

Best regards from all of us Villa Kubu

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recently I had the rare opportunity to self indulge and chose to stay at Villa Kubu. Since I have returned back to Australia I am still buzzing from my experience!

The photographs on the website give you a great indication for the treat that awaits, however it isn't until you arrive you realise just how special this place is. If I wasn't already impressed enough, myself and my guest were greeted with a 15 minute massage as we took in our surroundings.

I really loved the villa's semi open plan that looks straight out onto the pool and well kept garden. Being among nature while enjoying luxury was the perfect way for me to relax, unwind and recharge.

During my stay I got the chance to try some of the treatments that Spa Venus had to offer. I really loved that the menu had a holistic approach, offering yoga, metaphysical treatments and an infa red sauna. The stand out for me was the 60 minute traditional balinese massage.

I love attention to detail and in particular I enjoyed the eco friendly touches. I liked Villa Kubu's respect for the environment by only using chemical free mosquito candles in the evening. They also offer complimentary use of bicycles so you have the opportunity to explore the rest of the property and Seminyak itself.

If all of this wasn't enough, the staff are just beautiful. No request was a hassle and while they are very attentive, they are respectful of your privacy. Its very apparent that they take great pride in their work.

I couldn't recommend Villa Kubu enough. Thankyou again to the beautiful staff for making my holiday and absolute pleasure.

Karina and guest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank karina431

Dear Karina

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your great review which we really appreciate and have passed on to our staff so that they too understand the wonderful work they are doing. We hope you both returned home safe and sound and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.