“Great location - reasonably priced”
Review of Heliconia Villas

Heliconia Villas
Ranked #95 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The location of this villa is really fantastic as it is in an alley right in the heart of Eat Street and so very convenient. Very quiet, well kept villa (1 brm) which although not huge, was large enough without feeling hemmed in.
Everything was very clean, including the pool and well maintained. Good security and friendly staff completed the picture.
For the price, I thought it was very good value considering the location. Very easy to deal with prior to arrival and I was confident that everything would be in order and it was.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glennie01

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We planned our trip in Bali to include four nights in one of the Heliconia Villas, having spent the previous week on Gili Meno with cold salt water showers. We arrived after a ferry ride and lengthy shared taxi ride and we were welcomed in a friendly and helpful manner by competent and efficient staff.
We were taken straight to the Villa, where we were shown the open bathroom, complete with huge bath and great pressure shower, the huge, comfortable bed and the outdoor eating area overlooking the private pool where we took breakfast each morning. The place is simply stunning! It is attractive, spotless and it has a friendly and courteous staff.
The pool was wonderful for swimming. We loved being able to jump in when it suited us and we loved the privacy afforded by the high walls. The towels were thick and comfortable.
Breakfast had several choices and we ordered the next day's breakfast each evening as we went out to dinner. Each morning our breakfast arrived on time and was exactly what we ordered. The food was delicious- served at the correct temperature and the fresh juices were particularly yummy.
We were so close to a busy and attractive part of Seminyak and yet we were able to relax in quiet and comfort as soon as we entered the Villas area.
We had a few hiccups with the internet. The staff kept working at the problem until it was fixed. The speed was good. When I requested an adaptor for the kettle the adaptor arrived quickly.
We used a discount voucher to stay here and that made it particularly good value. We would stay again in a heartbeat. Brilliant!

Room Tip: I am sure any room is wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gabriel11
Reviewed 10 August 2013

my boyfriend and I stayed at Heliconia for 7 nights in July. The location was fantastic, right in the middle of Seminyak but also quiet and private. The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our late departure and a few other things during our stay. The breakfast which was included in our package was simple but overall the stay was fantastic and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

HI,

I had 4 nights here in June on my recent trip to Bali.
The Villas are just of Jalan Laksmana down an alley about 50 metres.
Although the main road is very busy, it's very quiet in the Villas, which is perfect, as I hate noisy accommodation.
They are clean, spacious and well kept. I stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, as that was the only one available.
The air-conditioning worked well, and I even used the DVD player a couple of times to watch a movie.
Breakfast is a choice between Indonesian, American or continental breakfast. They were all OK, with the pick of the bunch for me the Nasi Goreng.
Although reasonably expensive for Bali, the spaciousness, and quietness of this place sold me, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place, or to stay again. My only minor complaint was due to a booking conflict with Agoda, my villa was double booked by mistake for two nights, meaning I could I only stay 4 nights here, instead of 6.
The Villa made alternative arrangements for me to another Villa, which I did not enjoy very much.( The Athena Garden Villas )
I did complain, and although I did not receive a discount or refund, they offered me a free nights accommodation, and a free massage on my next visit. So I was happy with this compromise.
All in all, it was a great stay here. Thank you.
PS Watch out for the killer Golden Retriever guard dog!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2013

It took me awhile to make up my mind with where we would be staying at for our anniversary trip. I have to admit staying at Heliconia Villas for those 6 night was a great decision.

We stayed in a One Bedroom Villa and it was simply amazing. It has a private pool, outdoor living room (my favorite place to get lazy aside from the pool) and an open kitchen. The bedroom was awesome along with the semi-ish outdoor bathtub. The place is very spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The staffs are kind, helpful and friendly. Great location too, smacked right in the middle of busy Seminyak but you wouldn't notice the noise inside the compound.

All in all, our entire stay at Heliconia was amazing, I definitely would come back and stay with them the next time I visit Bali.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

After visiting Bali several times, we have never stayed in the same place twice and always like to try somewhere new. There was a voucher deal for Heliconia Villas which coincided with our travel dates, bought the vouchers, emailed the villa and everything was booked in. From the pickup at the airport, to the daily breakfast, and the greeting from the security guard at the entry each time we left and came home, everything was terrific. Will certainly look at staying here again on our next visit in March 2014. We stayed in one bedroom villa 3.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Darren D
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here in June 2013. We loved it, from the private pool to the outdoor living room it was a great place to stay. I highly recommend it. Staff were very helpful. Location is very central to Seminyak. Streets in Seminyak are chaotic, but you hear nothing in the villa.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple