Heliconia Villas
Ranked #99 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This review should have been created back in 2010 when my then-boyfriend (now husband) and I first came to Bali for a friend's wedding and stayed for a few days in one of Heliconia's beautiful villas. Although it's already been three years since then, Heliconia has given us so many great memories that I still remember every bit of them vividly, as though it all just happened yesterday! First off, the private villa we stayed in was gorgeous! It has its own private pool with a plentiful of flowering plans around it, including a beautiful frangipani tree just next to the loungers. Food was great and back then, they must have thought we were on a honeymoon so they really went all out with the crimson rose petals beautifully strewn on the floor, dining table for two, and all over the bed and bathtub. My heart literally swelled when I saw how beautifully they had arranged everything! I remember the villa staff to be very polite and sweet. Lastly, on our last day, we were treated to a couple's massage and body scrub which were both absolutely divine! Indeed a perfect ending to a magical newbie trip to Bali. Of course, we've been to Bali a few more time after that, staying in other resorts/hotels, but Heliconia Villas will always be one of my favorites. I actually wouldn't mind going back one of these days! Oh, and did I mention that it's right smack in the middle of Seminyak so it's perfectly convenient especially for partygoers and fun-chasers? Heliconia Villas is definitely in my top choices for a perfect island getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a five-night stay at the Heliconia Villas, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The location of the villas is superb; they are an oasis of calm located in the heart of Seminyak's restaurant and shopping district. We loved returning down the green laneway to our villa at the end of each day.
The villa was clean and comfortable, with a beautiful outdoor area and pool. Staff were friendly and efficient, yet unobtrusive; they visited the villa several times a day to clean in the mornings and prepare for the evenings (lighting the mosquito coils and pool lights), yet we never saw them! We had breakfast included in our package, and found each dish to be absolutely delicious.
Overall, the villa is perfect for combining relaxation by the pool with the opportunity to engage in lots of shopping and fine dining. Thank you Heliconia!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cab-80
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This review's been some time in coming, but better late than never.
We stayed here for a few nights late last year, and must say we loved Every single minute of it!

The villa we stayed in (1 bedroom deluxe pool villa) was cosy and absolutely beautiful, the most attractive feature being the quaint little private pool ! The room was well-equipped and of a decent size to accommodate two adults (might be a bit cramped if you asked for an extra bed though!).

The open-air bath was clean, the outdoor sitting-area and kitchen was spotless and adequately equipped. The villa is located a very short walk up a narrow driveway, off Seminyak's busy main street. This is a blessing in disguise, as you are insulated from the road sounds, and yet very close to the heart of Seminyak.

What really makes Heliconia special, is its staff. Right from the time I contacted them for a booking, emails were promptly answered. Arrangements (bookings, airport pickup etc) was flawlessly handled, and all interactions were courteous and efficient. Do not expect 5-star service (but then that's not the point here anyway!), and you will not be disappointed by the team's genuine caring and smiles.

Not only was the service genuine and friendly, the staff went out of their way to make our special day enjoyable. I had mentioned while booking that it was my partner's birthday. We were pleasantly surprised when, on the date, the staff brought a complimentary cake to our villa to wish her! Didn't expect them to remember, and they didn't make a huge hue-and-cry about it, it was just as innocuous as an old friend dropping in to wish you on your day :-)

Would definitely stay here again...!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Surjo1975
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We spent 5 days here and it was amazing.. We purchase our accommodation thru a internet holiday groupon deal with 'our deal'. I wasnt expecting much but the place was stunning.. Nice and clean, lots of privacy, heaps of sun and had everything you need. Beautiful pool to relax it and cool off from shopping. Transfers were included and were very nice, we got fresh bottled water everyday, and when we went out, the staff would come it and make the bed, change the towels and open the curtains, and in the evening they would light the mosquito coils for when we got home.. Breakfast was nice and 24hr security was included. Heliconia is located in the heart of Seminyak but still very quiet and private, driving up a long drive away, leading up to the front office, Heliconia is hidden in the prefect place! Looking forward to going back next year. My only negative thing would be the bedding wasnt changed once while we were there, some new bedding wouldnt go astray! Other then that we love it!

Room Tip: We had the first room, which was small but convenient and suited out needs as a couple!
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Second trip to Bali. First time staying in a villa and this is definitely the way to go! Highly recommend this villa for excellent proximity to Main Street of Seminyak but very quite and peaceful down the leafy lane way to entry. Very kind and friendly staff. Clean, large rooms and outdoor living space. All day sun, morning breakfast and gorgeous friendly golden retriever Obie. On site security everyday and night. Even wait for you to return home safely. Fantastic experience and didn't want to leave. Highly recommended. Kristal

Room Tip: Villa 5 you won't be disappointed.
2  Thank Kristal I
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Recently picked up a great Internet deal from "OurDeals" for Heliconia Villas. Never having bought a holiday online before I was a little worried but it was very professional from the first email to the car to take us to the airport home.
I have never stayed in a villa before and spent our first week in Bali in the very lovely Diwangkara Resort at Sanur so was very excited to have our own place with private pool.
The villa is situated on busy Laskamana in Seminyak.....Eat Street ! But you would never know it snug in your own private paradise. Down a green narrow lane you wonder where on earth you are being taken, I was very happy to be shown to our little villa with private pool, pretty little garden and out door kitchen and nice spacious bedroom ,and indoor out door bathroom with our own fish to feed in an inside pond !
Breakfast is served to you everyday by your pool and it was always beautifully prepared and fresh.
We couldn't eat all the things they gave you so just asked for an omelette and toast each day instead.
Dewi the manager is lovely , very helpful and will help with anything you need . She even organised a birthday cake for me ! I wasn't even aware she knew it was my birthday but she must have noted the date on my passport. Very thoughtful !
I must say all the staff there are wonderful, extremely friendly and attentive. The room is cleaned every day and left sparkling clean as is the pool. Grounds are very pretty and green, loved the Smarls ( Balinese squirrels ) jumping around the palms every morning ....very cute !
I would highly recommend staying here...I don't think I could go back to a hotel after having my own private bit of Bali paradise !

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The location of this villa is really fantastic as it is in an alley right in the heart of Eat Street and so very convenient. Very quiet, well kept villa (1 brm) which although not huge, was large enough without feeling hemmed in.
Everything was very clean, including the pool and well maintained. Good security and friendly staff completed the picture.
For the price, I thought it was very good value considering the location. Very easy to deal with prior to arrival and I was confident that everything would be in order and it was.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple