“give it a miss”

Bhavana Private Villas
Ranked #108 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were in the last villa on the left at the end of the pathway, and it was a shocker.
As we entered , a young guy said he was fixing the pool filter , he then left without fixing it.
We then checked the place out, pool was dirty with slime and debris obviously the filter had not been working for some time.Cigarette butts in garden and outdoor bathroom as well as in the water feature that had no water in it. outdoor fan did not work,after a call a guy rewired it and it worked on one speed none stop. the mozzy net over the bed was full of dust and had bird droppings on it, and the place was grubby and tired.We stayed one night and decided our holiday is to short to waste time somewhere this bad. We left and went to kunja villas around a few corners (fantastic check it out) A refund was offered but not received . SURPRISE..SURPRISE. staff were friendly enough, the place is old and i think the photo's must have been taken a long time ago or photo shopped. Some reviews seem a bit fishy!!. So many good villas around, GIVE THIS ONE A MISS!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graeme t
There are newer reviews for Bhavana Private Villas

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We just returned home from an amazing trip to Seminyak, staying at Bhavana. I confess after reading the reviews after booking, I was a little nervous as to what we'd upon arrival. All I can say is that we were blown away!!! We had booked a 7 night trip to Bali and loved it so much we extended our stay. Our Villa was a huge part of that decision. We absolutely loved it!!! We got a great deal for our stay. The pool was sensational after a long, hot, sticky day of exploring. The bed was sooo comfy and the outdoor living room perfect for the two of us. Most importantly, the staff... They were amazing! So accommodating, so friendly, so helpful! They became a little like family, which I'm sure they'll become when we return, which we most certainly will! Yes, the "bumpy road" needs work but it was graded (which we didn't hear!) during our stay which is evidence that management are onto the problem. The location is fantastic, close to Eat St but quiet and tranquil. I could rave all day about Bhavana Private Villas! loved it, loved it! Loved it!!! We will be back! Suksema so very much to all the staff who looked after us during our stay! X

• Stayed: May 2013
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to submit your comment regarding your recent stay at Bhavana Private Villas.

I am happy to learn that you are happy with your stay. And that you have no hesitation to recommend us to your family and friend.

To give you a good news. The "bumpy road" is long gone. We have a smooth access road now. The villa is well maintained now, all furniture are re-furnished, New mattresses, Hi-Fi and sunbed. All wall are regularly re-painted. I am sure that you'll be even happier when you come back on your next holiday.

Once again, thank you for for staying with us. All of us here at the Bhavana Private Villas look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

The whole experience for this villa is made fabulous by the service staff...they are nice locals whom are friendly and have the willing to help attitude.... whenever I request for anything, they would do it almost instantly wothout much delay...their efficiency impresses me as I work in service line similar to theirs...I know what's a prompt reponse when I see one....very decent and helpful bunch...will definitely go back again...

• Stayed: May 2013
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Mr/s Sieh,,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you are satisfied with your stay and that the staff served you well.

We are expecting a brand new road within the next few weeks or so, all the worker, the equipment and road material are started to come and a sign saying that the government assign a local contractor to fix the road is placed on the edge of our road. We are so exited about it. We are looking forward to upload the photos of the new road soon :)

When you came back, no more bumpy road.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Old hotel badly maintained. I was electrocuted by my bedside lamp and there was no security system (miliampere meter) to stop the current.The handle of my room was broken nobody repeared it during the three long and bad days I spent in this villa. The steps of the swimming pool were so slippery because nobody clean them that my mother couldn't take a bath during all our stay. The road to arrive at the hotel was impraticable and full off potholes. Fortunately the staff was nice. The last day the manager came to see us and was so sorry for all these bad events thank you miss but it's not enough!!!! we payed 1042 australian dollars for this two bedrooms villa (expansive for this period in Bali)

Room Tip: pass your way the villas are to hold and too expansive for the quality
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PIERRE B
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Mr. Boyer,

Thank you for staying at Bhavana and thank you for your review.

I regret to learn that you are not happy with your stay and I do value your comment. I have take a necessary action following your advised on our meeting in the villa. We have check the wiring in the villa and villa no 9 is currently closed for total re-wiring. A safety panel is available in all villas since beginning, apparently one of our technician failed to set up the panel correctly when preparing the villa on your arrival. I have hire a professional technician to do the re-wiring and we have guarantee that no such accident will occur in the future. The staff also receive a training to be sure that he would be able to prevent such event in the future.

A lot is going on in Bhavana, and we are confidence that we'll be able to serve you better.

Although you are not happy on your first stay, I do hope that you would give us the pleasure of welcome you back at BHAVANA for your next trip to Bali

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Firstly, the staff are so helpful, happy and try to accomodate your every need. Everything you ask for...in Bali time...they try to achieve. Even when we all got sick, they kindly delivered litres of guava juice for the kids which is meant to help them!!
We booked the villa off Agoda- the pictures looked fantastic but on closer examination, the villa is old and tired, the pool was a good size but the tiles were cracked and there was often green mould on the tiles making them very slippery. We had to ask for the filter to run longer and for them to check the chemical levels, which they did.The bedrooms and bathrooms are big, the lounge area didn't really work as well as other villas as there were only 2 small wooden couches for 4 people. There is only room for 2 sun lounges which is hard for 4 people.The mosquitoes were pretty bad at 5pm onwards...they came to "defog" the rooms at about 6:30. The road out the front is really bad so it's hard to get a taxi....we usually walked to JL Oberoi which was ok and the Great location to the restaurant stripmade it bearable. Breakfasts are big, and quite a few choices although they use cordial "juice", the powdered kind I think. The staff again are so courteous and caring so it makes up for alot of the lack of attention to detail. Sounding picky, things like no facecloths or tea towels in the kitchen, not replacing tea etc daily, all small things but at $280/night(discounted) we have had better value in the past. As a family villa it was ok but I'd probably not go back as we have paid $200/night for better elsewhere.
Again this does not reflect on the staff who were all fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 10 which is about halfway down the long walkway- which did have a gorgeus simple...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Peta C

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday, it is a great pleasure to learn that the staff are helpful, although I regret to learn that you are not completely satisfied with our villas.

Bhavana have been serving our guest for 7 years and we agree that a regular maintenance needed to keep the property in its best shape. I do take your comment very seriously and ensure that a necessary action is taken.

Since you went home. A lot been going on in the property. New mattresses are installed in all bedrooms. New towels including face towels ordered and a new mosquito net arrived. We refurnished all the furniture to gain its best look. And an intensive trainings are given to all staff on how to maintain the property including the swimming pool and all area in the villa.

We continue having maintenance program throughout the property. We are confidence that we would be able to serve you better for your next visit.

A series of candid photos of the renovated villa will be up-loaded on trip advisor soon. I took the photo personally, although I might not be a good photographer, I am sure that it would give you a brief picture on our effort to maintain our property.

I surely hope that we would have the pleasure of welcome you back at BHAVANA again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Spent four nights in a one bedroom villa, no.2. Returning here after having stayed in a two bedroom with friends in 2009. We loved the villas back then, however on this visit the villas are looking very tired, not very clean and generally worn out. The pool was unusable, water cloudy, green slime on tiles, grout and entry step. It looked as though it had not been vacuumed for some time. The water feature wall was all green and slimy too. We reported this to reception with no action taken, they told us it was from rain?? The pool needed to be shocked and thoroughly cleaned. We felt the villa was overpriced for its standard. There are so many new villas in seminyak with great rates, I would recommend looking elsewhere. Also the road to the villas becomes dirt with huge pot holes, to the point that taxis bottom out. It was a shame, we were really disappointed.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear Mr/s. Patten,

Thank you for staying at Bhavana and for your comment. It is with regret to learn that you are not happy on your second stay.

We valued your comment and we do take all necessary action on your suggestion. Following your suggestion on April we do a major cleaning and maintenance in villa no. 2. It is now have a new garden, refurnished furniture and kitchen set, new cutleries and kitchen amenities, even new fridge.

All villas now have a new mattress and mosquito net. We will have all new sunbed by June.

Following your suggestion the pool shocked and thoroughly cleaned, not jus for villa no 2, but all 16 pools in Bhavana. Our staff indeed did it regularly but now we do it more intensively. I am confident that we will have a cleaner and a better maintained pool for our guest.

We could not say much about the road right now, but the local authority promised to have it fixed by June this year.

Again, thank you for your comment and suggestion. We are hoping that we would have the pleasure of welcome you back for the 3rd time.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We have been staying in one bedroom of a two bedroom villa, as they oversold the one bedrooms. Nice looking property in a dodgy looking part of Seminyak. Initially we were impressed, but after a few nights I would suggest there are better deals to be had.
The villa has a private plunge pool which is lovely to sit by, but it has some leaks and tiling falling off, which make it look tired. There is a cathode ray TV in the open air living room, which is not an antique yet, but will soon be and beside it is the CD/DVD/tape player of similar vintage, although it won't play dvd's.
In the bedroom is a lovely king size bed with canopy mosquito net and A/C that makes a bit of a difference, but struggles for the size of the room. There is a flat screen TV hooked up to another DVD player (that doesn't work). We reported the DVD player, which they got going, but has no sound and sounds like a helicopter taking off.
The staff are friendly, but, the few things we requested took hours or days to be provided. The bed for our child was not present and there was some debate if we had nominated she was with us until I suggested they check the booking, then after the tooing and froeing about 3 hours later the bed turned up, with our daughter fast asleep in our bed for the night. Etc.etc... it just went on like this really, but at least the staff were always smiling.
Trust me, you can do better with your money than this property. Good luck.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bootstwo

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us and that you for your comment & advised. I am happy to learn that the staff are friendly although the service is not up to the standard yet. Now that we know it first hand from our guest, we could take a necessary action.

We regret for the misunderstanding on the bed for your child upon arrival. We have re-training conducted for all Front Liner on how we could handle the situation better without having argument with the guest not ask them to wait for hours.

Since you went home we undergo a major maintenance in the villa, the furniture are re-furnished to gain its best look. New mattresses for all bed, new mosquito net and linen. New amenities even new uniform for all staff to give them a professional look.

We re-train all staffs to be able to communicate better with the guest and able to accommodate the guest needs.

I can not say much about the road as it is supposed to be done by the government, however we have send a written complain to the local authority and a promise is made that the road is due to be fixed by June this year, I do hope it would happen.

From our side, we've tried some ways to at lease make the road a little smoother.

I confidence that we would be able to serve you better, therefore I do look forward to the pleasure of welcome you back at Bhavana Private Villas