“Best Mexican Food in Bali”

Chara Mexican & Caribbean Food
Ranked #237 of 555 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chara Restaurant, has a mix of Mexican and Caribbean fusion food. We offer a full Mexican food menu such as Fajitas, Tacos, Nachos, Burritos and more we also are the only restaurant serving Caribbean food located in the heart of Seminyak. The chef's recommendation is Fish tacos, The Jerk Chicken or the Chicken Enchiladas...
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is off the main streets of Seminyak but is worth finding. If a friend of mine wasn't staying at The Bli Bli Villas directly behind Chara I probably would never have discovered this gem.. The sign says Carribean food but they also serve Mexican and burgers.. Im from San Diego, California so Mexican food is something I know. I had a chimichanga, it was delicious and a healhty portion. My girlfriend had chicken enchiladas which she couldnt finish so of course I had to indulge, they were really good also. My friend had Jamaican Jerk Chicken, beautiful flavors. I will be back for sure, and can highly recommend this place..

1  Thank Chris W

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Missed the turn but we are green in bali lol followed the rd and found it.
Both had coconut prawns entree both enjoyed them alot.
Long island icedtea hit the spot, one tortilla (chicken) and I got the mahi mahi .
Both amazing full of flavour and fresh both with a beautiful bbq taste.
Recommend this place for sure.
Service was great too.

1  Thank Knos500
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hi folks! I´ve been already several times to Chara since I discovered it. 10 thumbs up!! The food is awesome and the location is very calm. Far less traffic there (compared to the busy roads where you get always almost run over by taxis when trying to get to the restaurant.). I love the sweet potato fritters as appetizer, e.g. the Vegetarian Pita as main and as dessert the baked apple crumble or the chocolate mousse! I`m also really excited by the coconut smoothie. They obviously have some kind of special recipe for it, i haven´t had that taste yet.
Further big plus: you don`t breath in clouds of exhaust gas before reaching the restaurant, you can park right in front of it.
Conclusion: Always again!

1  Thank Helmut S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went here for a late lunch and ordered the mahi-mahi which was absolutely delicious! The flavor was excellent and it was well cooked. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant itself was comfortable and had cute decor. The price was excellent as well and was a great value for the quality!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staying in Seminyak and tired of the same old restaurants on "eat street", my husband and I ventured one block over to a new restaurant called Chara next to BliBli Villas. The decor is so different from anything in Seminyak, very Caribbean, open and colorful. From the moment we walked in until we left all of the staff were very accommodating and literally "at your service". The food - oh my goodness - the food was wonderful! The taste, the variety, the eye appeal were way beyond anything we were expecting. Loved the Mahi Mahi; coconut shrimp; wings, the sweet potatoe fritters (appetizer); the salads were fresh and dressings delicious. Everything is made from scratch, no preservatives, which was a big plus for me. Drinks and desserts (try the creme brulee and the decadent chocolate mousse!) were amazing. Must save room for a dessert! We were so impressed during our stay we returned to Chara a number of times, never disappointed. A must try restaurant!